Pivotal for Success?
The only "meeting-free" leader I've ever heard of is a one-man band and, in the context of today's world, he would be among the unemployed.
Before I personally agree to attend any meeting, I run it through my "No" template of five questions:
1) Who will it benefit (including me)?
2) Is the decision to be made at the meeting pivotal to the success or failure of the primary mission of the organization?
3) Will my attendance at the meeting have an impact on the topic to be discussed or the outcome of the decision to be made?
4) Is the purpose of the meeting clearly stated?
5) Will all the relevant stakeholders be present?
If the answer to the last 4 questions is NO, I will not attend. About the first question, only the leader can make that judgment call.
The comments to this entry are closed.