THE QUESTION

Miracle in Chile

Success stories don't get any better than the recent rescue of 33 miners in Chile who were trapped for 68 days. One miner said he now saw the world in a whole new way. Do you think that feeling will last? Have you ever had an experience, small or large, that changed the way you think about life? If so, how has your life changed since?

Posted by Success Editors on October 25, 2010 12:00 AM
FROM THE PANEL

Mining for miracles

The specifics of the experience, the kind of person you are before the experience and the customs of your culture can influence how you react to traumatic events.

Posted by Garrison Wynn, on October 25, 2010 4:02 PM

Mysteries and miracles

Why did I survive? I can only speculate. Two near-death experiences changed the way I look at life. Fate has given me an interesting and challenging life. There is a mission ahead.

Posted by Jan Scruggs, on October 25, 2010 12:00 AM

All changed, changed utterly

After 9/11, 2,000 World Bank workers joined together. Open weeping could be heard in the atrium. The event was as stirring as it was profound. I wil never be the same. My world was reordered. My neural pathways forever changed.

Posted by Seth Kahan, on October 25, 2010 12:00 AM

Call to action

Like the miners' rescuers, great teachers pull us along from the darkness into the light, giving us the power to help others do the same. A high school history teacher sparked a change in perspective that continues to illuminate my life.

Posted by Patricia McGuire, on October 25, 2010 12:00 AM

Unexpected gifts

Since the accident, I have vowed to patiently await the gift that follows the events that seem the most challenging in my life. I feel calm, realizing we are not in this game on our own.

Posted by Misti Burmeister, on October 25, 2010 12:00 AM

FEATURED COMMENTS

Make a Comment  |  All Comments (2)

Contact Us