On Success Panelists

Archive: May 30, 2010 - June 5, 2010

Persistence vs. resistance

The race does not go to the swift or to the strong but to the person who persists until the end.

By Willie Jolley | June 3, 2010; 9:49 PM ET | Comments (1)

Learn from failure

I am known as a person who simply does not quit. I learn from my failures, then I regroup and change tactics.

By Jan Scruggs | June 3, 2010; 2:20 PM ET | Comments (0)

BP: Big Problem

Let's get real about what's going on: Most of the time, it's just a lot cheaper to pay the fine than it is to practice safety and prevention.

By Garrison Wynn | June 3, 2010; 11:33 AM ET | Comments (1)

Failure is not an option

I find that every time I survive a harrowing experience, I gain strength and resilience to endure others that inevitably will come my way. No one gets through life unscathed.

By Marissa Levin | June 3, 2010; 12:00 AM ET | Comments (0)

Plan B

To solve the oil-well crisis. leaders must work with others, make the process transparent and seek nontraditional avenues.

By Virginia Bianco-Mathis | June 3, 2010; 12:00 AM ET | Comments (0)

Ask for help

Solving problems as fatal as the BP oil spill begins with honesty and ends with full community involvement.

By Misti Burmeister | June 3, 2010; 12:00 AM ET | Comments (0)

Slippery slope

I've learned that a leader has to respond immediately to a crisis, with passion and conviction, while also providing an action plan -- and back-ups in case the plan fails.

By Patricia McGuire | June 3, 2010; 12:00 AM ET | Comments (0)

Change the game

A longstanding rule in tennis is "always change a losing game." I think it was a good thing for BP to abandon the "Top Kill" when it was clear that it would not work.

By Cleve Francis | June 3, 2010; 12:00 AM ET | Comments (0)

Driving through setbacks

Thomas Edison tried thousands of times to make a light bulb before one worked. He said each effort succeeded at showing him how not to build a light bulb.

By Hile Rutledge | June 3, 2010; 12:00 AM ET | Comments (0)

Thinking of others

From Concord Green to Afghanistan, some of our best citizens illustrated the values of courage, honor and sacrifice. Because of them, people like Steve Strasberg can enjoy a wonderful life in a nation that has freedom and democracy.

By Jan Scruggs | May 30, 2010; 5:42 PM ET | Comments (0)