On Success Panelists

Archive: November 28, 2010 - December 4, 2010

Take it easy!

Growing up in Germany, I saw that the typical German had both a strong work ethic and a strong leisure ethic. What this means for me today is that I want both. In fact, it allows me to be more productive.

By Jeanine Cogan | November 30, 2010; 8:56 PM ET | Comments (0)

Growing and learning

Each time I speak, I grow my network and business contacts.

By Kristina Bouweiri | November 29, 2010; 1:07 AM ET | Comments (0)

Growing and Learning

Each time I speak, I grow my network and business contacts.

By Success Editors | November 29, 2010; 12:33 AM ET | Comments (0)

Lifting me up

During my freshman year, I got a cold and went to the student health clinic. I was treated by an elderly black physician. I had never seen a black physician, or felt that I could also become one. It was then that I knew what my life would be about.

By Cleve Francis | November 29, 2010; 12:00 AM ET | Comments (1)

Good, bad and ugly

My mother gave me a great gift that has come back to buoy me in times of stress and trouble ever since. Life is not always easy or fun, and when it is not, you drive on and make the most of it.

By Hile Rutledge | November 29, 2010; 12:00 AM ET | Comments (0)

From misery to marching bands

I won't forget that beautiful day in the woods. Nothing in my research seemed compelling or useful. I felt uninspired and trapped. I needed a new way to contribute to the world.

By Jennifer Tucker | November 29, 2010; 12:00 AM ET | Comments (1)

Change is a constant

As I matured, I learned that game changers are not mere serendipity. Leaders set forces in motion that become the game changers. Good leaders develop skill in seizing the opportunities when change comes along.

By Patricia McGuire | November 29, 2010; 12:00 AM ET | Comments (0)

Redefine yourself

Three game-changers -- an old boyfriend, a mentor, and my husband -- forced me to redefine myself at three different crossroads.

By Virginia Bianco-Mathis | November 29, 2010; 12:00 AM ET | Comments (0)