Going for It: Woman Warrior

Archive: November 15, 2009 - November 21, 2009

Inspired by 'Net wisdom

Mentors and advisers are everywhere--in person, on line and even in the form of tweets.

By Alexis Rodich | November 20, 2009; 3:15 PM ET | Comments (0)

Getting schooled at school

When the expectation was that I would be a major player at the school, I learned to see myself and my possibilities, in a different light.

By Alexis Rodich | November 20, 2009; 9:30 AM ET | Comments (1)

Dual-sensory perception

Choices in lighting and camera angle made me aware of elements of the music that I otherwise would have missed. Would I have heard the violin in just that way if I had not seen the violinist's hand quiver just before she plucked the string?

By Alexis Rodich | November 19, 2009; 3:02 PM ET | Comments (0)

A winning nomination

If I've learned anything over the past several months, its that pausing for a moment to recognize small victories and congratulate your awesome team on a job well done, can be incredibly sustaining.

By Alexis Rodich | November 19, 2009; 8:36 AM ET | Comments (0)

Cutting the chord

What I realize, however, is that D.C. is not the issue, its the lifestyle I've created for myself here that no longer quite fits.

By Alexis Rodich | November 18, 2009; 5:00 PM ET | Comments (0)

Music lessons for business

What I appreciate most about this post is the suggestion that the characteristics that distinguish successful teams, whether in music or technology, are not overly complicated or exclusive.

By Alexis Rodich | November 18, 2009; 12:36 PM ET | Comments (0)

Startup fundraising moving up

Despite the economic downturn, I know several startups in the process of raising money.

By Alexis Rodich | November 17, 2009; 3:15 PM ET | Comments (0)

Do what you love

Gary Vaynerchuk's speech from the Web 2.0 Expo is one of my favorites when I need a reminder of what it really means to be tenacious.

By Alexis Rodich | November 17, 2009; 9:05 AM ET | Comments (0)

Act boldly and confidently

Rather than focus on why things might not work, focus on why they can and should. Develop a vision of what a successful outcome looks like, then get down to the details of what would make that vision a reality.

By Alexis Rodich | November 16, 2009; 3:26 PM ET | Comments (0)

Gratitude trumped attitude

I sat down and focused on the aspects of that very moment that I was grateful for...Within minutes I was re-focused, realigned and the entire situation was put in the proper perspective.

By Alexis Rodich | November 16, 2009; 10:30 AM ET | Comments (0)