Going for It: Woman Warrior

Archive: February 7, 2010 - February 13, 2010

Too busy moving to CA to blog

I won't be putting up a proper second blog post today, as I have much to do to get ready for my move to California tomorrow.

By Alexis Rodich | February 12, 2010; 2:02 PM ET | Comments (0)

Sweet success

With Valentine's Day coming this weekend, I thought today would be the perfect day to write about Chocri, a fabulous startup that allows you to create my desert island food of choice--chocolate bars!

By Alexis Rodich | February 12, 2010; 2:04 AM ET | Comments (0)

Celebrating on-line art

In honor of TED, currently taking place in Southern California, I thought I would share a link to another one of my favorite TED talks: Jonathan Harris, as well as links to some of his other projects.

By Alexis Rodich | February 10, 2010; 3:02 PM ET | Comments (0)

Embracing change in a new city

I'm not moving to San Diego to live an exact replica of the life I lived in New York, D.C., or anywhere else. If that was my goal, why bother moving in the first place?

By Alexis Rodich | February 10, 2010; 4:41 AM ET | Comments (0)

Reality check at Rite Aid

I guess the cost of filling these prescriptions is a small price to pay if the reality check motivates me to finally take action and get insured.

By Alexis Rodich | February 9, 2010; 2:02 PM ET | Comments (0)

Learning to e-mail with confidence

The confidence and purpose that I am able to portray in memos, power point presentations, conference calls and other forms of business communication falls short when the communication occurs over e-mail.

By Alexis Rodich | February 9, 2010; 5:02 AM ET | Comments (0)

My favorite Super Bowl ad

Working among many early stage tech companies, it is easy to get caught up in the tools themselves and lose sight of what the purpose of creating them is in the first place--to help people simplify something difficult.

By Alexis Rodich | February 8, 2010; 3:15 PM ET | Comments (0)

Revisiting task management

I have tried a bunch of different goal and task management tools over the past few of years, ultimately settling on Google Tasks. But I am open to trying another.

By Alexis Rodich | February 8, 2010; 8:02 AM ET | Comments (0)