A New Redskins Coach?

By Jodi Westrick  |  October 12, 2009; 11:09 AM ET  | Category:  Local Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati
Previous: Obama's Nobel Prize | Next: White House at War With Fox News?

Comments

Ralph Freigen!????

Posted by: demtse | October 12, 2009 11:30 AM

Tom Cable has definite potential. Lane Kiffin? Lou Holtz?

Maybe the Redskins should go outside the box and hire legendary basketball coach Phil Jackson.

Posted by: Meepo | October 12, 2009 11:58 AM

Who the F in their right mind (any high caliber coach) would want to lead this disfunctional organization with the Danny & Vinny combo running the show? Until Vinny's gone and Danny stops meddling, I don't care who we bring in, our team is doomed to failure. Hard words to write from a 45 year long fan! JKC is spinning in his grave.

Posted by: Sirius2 | October 12, 2009 1:44 PM

Keep Jim Zorn...given the amount of meddling from ownership, he is doing a respectable job. I expect he would do better without the interference.

Posted by: joglesby1 | October 12, 2009 1:49 PM

As a long time Cowboys fan, my choice for Redskins Coach would be Jerry Jones. He's got the on-field experience and knows how to handle meddling owners. What a combo, Danny, paying the bills and Jerry, making the hard decisions!

Such a forward thinking organization (who sues their out-of-work customers) deserves no less.

Posted by: chickox | October 12, 2009 2:05 PM

I think Vince Lombardi could do as good as job as the current folks.

Posted by: chopin224 | October 12, 2009 2:57 PM

I said yesterday that I'm pretty sure it's going to be Jim Fassel.

Posted by: charley42 | October 12, 2009 3:26 PM

Please. Until Snyder keeps his "nose" out of operations, JC himself would fail. Guess who calls Portis dive up the 1 or 2 hole? Uncle Dan.

Posted by: rlmayville | October 12, 2009 9:50 PM

I would like to nominate Ms. Caroline Kennedy.

Posted by: kls1 | October 12, 2009 11:24 PM

Anybody but Dan Snyder and Vinnie Cerruto.

Posted by: normphelps | October 13, 2009 1:28 AM

I suggest that Dan Snyder be sent down to the minors for "owner's training" 101.

Instead of hiring professionals to staff and grow the organization he has for ten years diddled around in his sandbox.

He thinks that the team is his toy and has destroyed the professionalism that for so long was the hallmark of the Redskins organization.

Posted by: samscram1 | October 13, 2009 6:47 AM

Bill Cowher - but only if he lays down the rules ...

1. I run the show.

2. I pick a G.M. ( vinnie's gone )

and Danny Boy reluctantly agree's.

Posted by: US-conscience | October 13, 2009 8:22 AM

I like the Phil Jackson suggestion. On second thought however, I'd like to nominate Isaiah Thomas,given his tremendous success as both a GM and coach in a different sports.

Posted by: mburix | October 13, 2009 8:25 AM

I would hire the best NHL coach as the Redskins coach because I want a tough S0B who takes no prisoners.

Posted by: hz9604 | October 13, 2009 10:07 AM

None of those coaches has coached in the NFC East except Holmgren. He'd be my choice.

Posted by: RedCherokee | October 14, 2009 1:13 PM

Shanahan and Chuckie have both escaped Al Davis - does that help them deal with Snyder or mean they wouldn't touch him with a 10 ft pole?
Why would the others even consider putting up with this dysfunction?

Posted by: didnik | October 14, 2009 8:16 PM