Woods still a role model?

By Jodi Westrick  |  December 2, 2009; 11:44 AM ET  | Category:  National Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati
Previous: Woods getting pressed? | Next: Washington Times cuts staff

Comments

I never liked the role model titles for celebrities/athletes etc. I don't watch them to be role models for our kids, I watch them because they are entertaining and good at what they do. We are our children's role models - parents. Everyday people. remember that and we will never be disappointed when one falls from grace.

Tiger is a man who plays golf really well and he cheated on his wife and it's not our business. Move on.

Posted by: love2much SE | December 2, 2009 4:20 PM

I agree that role models shouldn't be athletes or entertainers of any sort; however, Tiger Woods is and has been a role model for many people, young and old alike. He cheated them too. Bad move, TW, bad move. You had money, fame, a lovely family but that wasn't enough. Very sad.

Posted by: MILWI | December 2, 2009 5:10 PM

Your role models should be your parents & family members. My parents and grandparents are my role models. The problem is, we are hyped by the media circus and people like Tiger are shoved down our throats.

Posted by: greywolfe | December 2, 2009 9:46 PM

I have no role models. Growing up, I knew what I DIDN'T want to be, and turns out, I grew up just fine.

Posted by: mimo1 | December 3, 2009 6:15 AM

Stupid poll question. One option should have been "Is he or was he or any other athlete/actor a role model?"

Posted by: rlj1 | December 3, 2009 7:24 AM

Parents and Christ are to be our ultimate role models I agree but, consciously or unconsciously Tiger Woods or any other high profile persona is "influential" meaning his behavior is looked at and emulated.
The fact that he makes millions every year showing his face makes him responsible to us..who pay him. So, YES, it is our business how he concducts his personal life. He has made the choice!
Also, not one word has been uttered about the real victim here....his children!
They will now have to grow up and now know that "Daddy was in trouble....and it was because he loved another woman". That is devastating to a child but gets overlooked which is why we have such problems with our youth...no one really cares about them.

95% of commentary on this issue deals with how it is going to effect.... Tiger! Sad!!!
Also, how this issue isnt our business.
I can choose mutual funds that are "socially responsible" based on their investment practices. Tiger Woods is a business and if his behavior is contrary to my beliefs, which infidelity certainly is, I need to know that and as a $$ of Tiger Woods Inc. I have the right to know.

Posted by: davemichelle07 | December 3, 2009 7:28 AM

Yes, he is still a role model but a poor one!

Posted by: jslivesay | December 3, 2009 8:54 AM

seems no one cares. nobody is concerned about the sins of hetros and the destruction they visit upon traditional marriage and the family.

Posted by: Rich393 | December 3, 2009 2:33 PM

I have heard some of his profanity on
national TV, while playing golf. A role