Where would you rather live: Montgomery County or Fairfax County?

Montgomery County assigned two staffers to peer into the homes and spending accounts of its big neighbor across the Potomac last fall, and the results -- several months and 63 pages of charts and comparative data later -- arrived Tuesday: Fairfax County residents tend to be richer, are taxed less and have 200,000 more local jobs to choose from. Read the full article.

By Jodi Westrick  |  January 27, 2010; 9:50 AM ET  | Category:  Local Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati
Previous: Too much hype for Apple iTablet? | Next: Are you tuning in to tonight's State of the Union address?

Comments

The question should have been "Do you want to live next to PG county"

Posted by: BO__Stinks | January 27, 2010 11:10 AM

Fairfax is nice, but still part of Virginia and not too many years I would have been breaking the restrictive sex laws if I lived in Virginia. In many other areas, it is still locked in the past. Montgomery is a place to live. The County library system is excellent. So are the schools.

Posted by: gary4books | January 27, 2010 12:35 PM

Virginia is for gun nuts and yokels, not lovers. Inner Montgomery County (Silver Spring, Wheaton, Takoma Park, etc.) is way more diverse than any part of Fairfax. When I do find myself in Fairfax County, I feel like a fish out of water and and am relieved when I make it back to the DC or
Maryland line.

Posted by: mmurphy6 | January 27, 2010 12:58 PM

MMurphy6, considering your narrow-minded intolerant attitude, I'll say on behalf of all Virginians that we're also relieved when you make it back over the Virginia line. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Posted by: 7900rmc | January 27, 2010 2:40 PM

Second 7900RMC.

Posted by: JoeSchmoe06 | January 27, 2010 3:19 PM

I would much rather visit Fairfax County and Montgomery County and the District
as I do now, and escape to my home in the
beautiful Potomac Highlands of West Virginia.

Posted by: habibhaddad | January 27, 2010 3:25 PM

The House of Delegates is run by the southern part of the state, thus keeps Viriginia in the 19th century.

Posted by: jckdoors | January 27, 2010 3:58 PM

Nothing wrong with PG county that can not be fixed. Give it some time and it will be great.

Posted by: gary4books | January 27, 2010 4:44 PM

Born in DC, raised in PG then Fairfax Counties. Lived in DC, Fairfax and Frederick (MD) counties as an adult before moving to CA 15 years ago.
Given the choice, Montgomery County. Maryland is significantly more progressive, inclusive, socially accepting and willing to apply 21st century ideas, thoughts and approaches to dealing with 21st century issues. The Commonwealth, absent (large parts of) Fairfax, Arlington, Alexandria, still hasn't moved their calendar, ideas and ideals, perspective and perception of the US and the world beyond, let's say the 1950's. That stagnant mindset just doesn't work for me. I visit friends and family often and continue to appreciate the rich history, beauty, food and Virginia wines.

Posted by: dcnativeinLA | January 27, 2010 5:11 PM

MMURPHY6 is typical of the MD inferiority complex. Is it the small size of his state or the lack of accomplishments on a national level? Perhaps he enjoys paying county income tax! Geeze, I guess if you don't make much money you don't pay much in taxes.

Posted by: melador | January 27, 2010 5:34 PM