What do you think of Taylor Swift's Grammy performance?

Taylor Swift is the youngest person to win the Grammys biggest award of Album of the Year. Before receiving her award, however, she sang a duet with Stevie Nicks that sparked much criticism. Do you think the complaints were deserved?

By Amy Kovac  |  February 1, 2010; 7:57 AM ET  | Category:  National Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati
Previous: The recession: Is it truly over? | Next: Has Toyota moved fast enough to fix their recalled cars?

Comments

Just two poorly matched vocalists--in terms of vocal pitch, style, and willingness/ability to "harmonically share". In their own milieux, they are great--as a duo? Not so much.

Posted by: dwatkins1 | February 1, 2010 9:26 AM

With all the hype about how great Taylor is, she could as least sing on key. Her voice was flat and poorly received. I do believe that as she get older, maybe she will improve. But for now, I think she given too much credit as being one of the best artist out there, and she obviously is not that great.

Posted by: InTune | February 1, 2010 9:49 AM

Taylor Swift showed how immature she is both musically and socially. I hope she has the grace to apologize to Stevie Nicks for hogging the stage and vocally sabotaging a great song. I'm now beginning to understand Kanye West's unbridled frustration/interruption.

Posted by: jplatt2002 | February 1, 2010 10:27 AM

there should be a poll choice for "why is everybody so shocked? taylor swift always sounds that terrible when she sings live." seriously. her songs sound fine on the radio/album versions, but dear god is she painful to listen to live (new years eve 2008/2009, SNL, the grammy's...)

Posted by: mog1980 | February 1, 2010 10:55 AM

Taylor did such a much better job then West singing it was sad. I believe it's one of Taylor's best performances.

Posted by: dpinker1 | February 1, 2010 10:55 AM

Taylor should thank God for multitrack recording. She must be known as the "overdub kid". She was constantly off-key and really has no depth. I kept hoping they would turn her down on the duo with Stevie Nicks, but unfortunately all I heard was her wail. If that was her "best", as mentioned by another post, I'm certainly never going to one of her live shows, although I do enjoy her recorded songs.

Posted by: L8MDL | February 1, 2010 11:24 AM

Taylor simply has no singing skills whatsoever, she is horrible!..they are just giving away awards to the WRONG people, goodness, she sounds/looks like a clown!

I guess they're still feeling "wimpy" for her since she was dissed by Kanye, he was right then and right now, the girl can't sing!

Posted by: veholland | February 1, 2010 11:30 AM

Posted by: veholland | February 1, 2010 11:30 AM
You are a stupid person she is great you may not like her music but she is awesome she was paired w/Nicks and they don't go together the one who sux
KANYE THE RACIST

Posted by: lildg54 | February 1, 2010 11:45 AM

I have been saying for more than a year that this girl cannot sing. I'm glad she proved me right last night. Every time she sings live, it's a mess. I give her kudos for writing and playing the guitar, but not for her singing "skills". If she would have been on American Idol, she wouldn't have made it out of the first round. Carrie Underwood, Miranda Lambert, Pink, Lady Gaga, and Beyonce all crush Taylor in Talent. She got her Grammy, now maybe she'll just go away.

Posted by: weim | February 1, 2010 12:17 PM

Taylor is the most no-talent singer to come along in a long time. She has a whiney little voice and a very limited range, I suspect only about one octave. All her songs sound the same.

Posted by: smallen | February 1, 2010 12:56 PM

Should have had Colbie Caillat sing for her. MUCH better singer without all the fanfare.

Posted by: Krazijoe | February 1, 2010 1:14 PM

Can anyone say Milli Vanilli? :-) Boy, that was horrible. If that's how she seriously sounds live, she's going to have a short career. I'm not excusing what Kanye did earlier last year, but, it sure sounds like he knew what he was talking about. I agree with the earlier poster, she wouldn't have made it to Hollywood with those vocals on American Idol.

Posted by: csharky | February 1, 2010 7:45 PM

Can you sing, "horrible"????

Posted by: mickeynATL | February 1, 2010 8:34 PM

The girl CANNOT sing!!! This isn't the first time that I have heard her "live" and she just can't pull it off. It is amazing what can be done with one's vocals in a studio. I really cannot see what all the hype is surrounding this girl..She doesn't sing, she talks her songs through. There are no dynamics to her voice and if singing off-key is a requirement then she has that down pat. What they call talent these days!!!!

Posted by: babyd | February 4, 2010 6:23 PM

I thought Taylor was really off in her performance with Stevie Nicks, but in listening to it again on a website, Stevie was just awful in her harmonizing, too.
They were a poor match and it's embarrassing for them both. I always thought of Taylor as sweet, but mediocre as a singer and it mystified me how she got so many awards this year. I think maybe her big year is up. The talented country singers have had to sit back and be patient for this to blow over. She started at the top, and there's no way she can maintain that anyway. She's really sweet so I hope she has a soft landing.

Posted by: zumbro1 | February 5, 2010 1:25 PM