Should Marion Barry be censured?

By Jodi Westrick  |  March 2, 2010; 10:45 AM ET  | Category:  Local Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati
Previous: Should the U.S. Postal Service cut Saturday delivery? | Next: Do you agree with the censure of Marion Barry?

Comments

twenty years too late....

Posted by: tomquinley | March 2, 2010 1:46 PM

WHY... I do't understand what he did wrong..If someone owes you money that you lent them, why can you not get the money back ?

Mayor Fenty gave contracts worth millions to his frat brothers

someone in Jim Grahams office took bribes

Yes Barry has issues , but they are personal....
when will this stop !!!!

Posted by: wendy_lewis2 | March 2, 2010 2:56 PM

I know politicians are not choir boys, but Barry's history of "poor judgement" is far too extensive. True, he did a lot for citizens of D.C., but I think it's time that he steps down and retires from politics. Enough is enough!

Posted by: lwilliamson1 | March 2, 2010 3:29 PM

He is so DC government. Why single him out.

Posted by: elwoll | March 2, 2010 3:35 PM

No, he should be expelled from office and tried for corruption.

Posted by: AxelDC | March 2, 2010 4:14 PM

I once briefed Barry on a critical issue before he was elected Mayor. He won, and then acted upon it, making me happy to find someone who does what he promises to do.

30+ years have gone by and Barry is still on the public payroll....I believe in the five year flush; but now politicians stay on f O R E V E R.

Why Barry, and not Rangel?

Why Barry, and not Byrd?

Why Barry, indeed????

Posted by: Common_Cents1 | March 2, 2010 5:30 PM

Why would censure the most entertaining man in D.C.

Every time this man speaks, he sets back any cause by 10 years.

I hope he lives forever, is always on the council, and never changes.

He is my favorite night owl.

Posted by: Ombudsman1 | March 2, 2010 6:45 PM

Like it or not, Marion Barry represents a constituency that feels disenfranchised, by the current and especially the previous administration. When I look at all of the people that hold public office, he is certainly not the worst. This time, however, I really think he has dug himself a hole too big to climb out of.

Posted by: astroland | March 2, 2010 7:38 PM

IF ASTROLAND is correct that Marion Barry represents a certain type of voter, it certainly doesn't say much about Ward 8 and the citizens who continue to vote for the wretch.

Posted by: InHarmsWay | March 2, 2010 8:24 PM

Considering the ethics committee just cleared 7 lawmakers of doing the same thing, for that reason alone, I do not agree with the punitive action. Again Black politicians are held to a higher standard.

Posted by: fresno500 | March 2, 2010 9:14 PM

censured?!?!?! no - he should be drawn and quartered, tarred and feathered and carried out of town on a rail...

Posted by: mtumbadjibouti | March 2, 2010 10:18 PM