Will you watch Jay Leno tonight?

By Jodi Westrick  |  March 1, 2010; 8:41 AM ET  | Category:  National Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati
Previous: Obama's health-care summit: Worthwhile? | Next: 'The Marriage Ref': Comedy gold for Seinfeld?

Comments

Finally, after unfunny Conan (beloved by men 40-50 years old but want to think they're 35) and the poorly produced Olympics (show more things live for young people), something to watch. Thank you NBC for doing something right in bringing back Jay Leno.

Posted by: llrllr | March 1, 2010 10:29 AM

I love Jay. He is my favorite sleep aid. All I need is five minutes of his lame banter and I'm off to sleep.

Posted by: mikie44 | March 1, 2010 10:43 AM

I enjoyed him at 10 pm, but 11:30 is too late for me.

Posted by: adrienne_najjar | March 1, 2010 10:48 AM

Jay's back--like Uncle Bernie's stomach cancer but less funny.

NBC deserves its misery and Congress should block the Comcast merger.

Posted by: pgolkin | March 1, 2010 11:15 AM

I don't find Leno funny at all. NBC -- or whatever it will be called post-merger -- will find the 10:00 pm ratings issue will follow him to 11:30. His brand is damaged, and the egg faced execs will realize their mistake.

Posted by: gnushell | March 1, 2010 11:29 AM

I never watched Leno before, I'm not about to start now. Stepehen Colbert is my idea of funny, not Leno. After Colbert, there's always good old Dave.

Posted by: capitolidea | March 1, 2010 11:43 AM

Yes, I will watch Jay Leno because he is funny. Conan O'Brien, he got tiresome and stale, Dave, sometimes he is too mean. The NBC Olympics were pretty good, but what happened to the closing show put on by the Canadians, it stunk to high heaven. Bathroom humor about peeing in the snow and then showing it? That was the worst closing for an Olypics I have ever seen.

Posted by: Listening2 | March 1, 2010 12:02 PM

Jay Leno's guest will be Sarah Pain tonight. I would rather have 3 Root Canals than watch 30 seconds Palin talking. She has a voice that could Curdle Milk.

He is clearly starting off his new show on the wrong Foot.

Posted by: austininc4 | March 1, 2010 12:18 PM

Absolutely.

Posted by: ksmd51 | March 1, 2010 12:20 PM

@Listening2: have you ever watched Leno?

His favorite jokes are pedophile jokes related to Michael Jackson or teachers and their students.

He is slimy and creepy and it comes through in his jokes.

Posted by: mediajunky | March 1, 2010 12:21 PM

Jay isn't funny, and because I'm down on NBC for bringing him back -- as well as for their horrible Olympic coverage (yes, the "peeing in the snow" segment last night was absurd and juvenile) -- I am going to boycott Jay's show. NBC has become a ridiculous.

Posted by: JOHNSMOST | March 1, 2010 1:08 PM

I personally don't find Jay Leno funny - he's gotten to be "old hat!" I also don't find Conan O'Brian funny either, actually I see him as creepy. I do find George Lopez funny, but lets not overdo the comedian. How about Guest Hosts - different comedian hosts - that way - it stays funny.

And the Olympics - well, it was amazing! And for all those young yokels - you just don't know what good is. You're too used to computer/animated/games to know what really good comic material is. Lets see - Bob Hope, Red Skelton, Mel Brookes and Carol Burnett. These are the real comedians of value!

Posted by: LyndaLBD | March 1, 2010 1:19 PM

Jay who?

Posted by: tomfin69 | March 1, 2010 2:34 PM

Yes, I will be watching. Except I'll skip the interview with Sara Palin-- don't like her at all, don't want to see her face or hear her voice.

Welcome back, Jay!!

Posted by: shejoy | March 1, 2010 3:14 PM

I go to bed at 9:00 PM.

Posted by: seasail | March 1, 2010 3:31 PM

Jay is to the NBC brand as the 'sudden acceleration' is to Toyota.

Both need to fix the brand, but neither seems to have a clue as to how to do it.
Moving Jay to 11:30 by NBC is comperable to replacing the floor mats on my Avalon.

Posted by: Fiftyeight | March 1, 2010 5:03 PM

Never watched him before, why should I now?

Posted by: ksobserver1 | March 1, 2010 7:20 PM

NBC could solve all of it's late night problems simply by ditching Leno and replacing him with the old Johnny Carson shows starting with Johnny's first night. There will never be a better late night host than Carson. Now THAT was funny.

Posted by: waterfrontproperty | March 1, 2010 7:44 PM

I can't believe I did that - "its" not "it's". Argh!

Posted by: waterfrontproperty | March 1, 2010 7:48 PM

That Scumbag? Nope. Not ever.

Posted by: triscuit | March 1, 2010 8:39 PM

I would watch Leno tonight but I am really irritated that he is providing a forum for Sarah Palin. I will skip tonight and tune in tomorrow night.

Posted by: southerndavid1 | March 2, 2010 5:26 PM