Have you filled out your census form?

Today is census day. Watch the Post's Ed O'Keefe show you how simple it is to fill the census form out.

By Jodi Westrick  |  April 1, 2010; 9:46 AM ET  | Category:  National Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati
Previous: Are you planning on purchasing an iPad? | Next: Ethical practice to refuse medical care?

Comments

I would fill mine out, however, I have not received it or any of the pre-mailings saying it was coming. And I live in the same place that I did 10 years ago.

Posted by: jtsw | April 1, 2010 10:18 AM

Filled it out - mostly - but refused to answer the "race" question and also sent the section of our Constitution that says we are NOT forced to answer some questions.

Also wrote a note telling them how ridiculous it is that they are counting ILLEGAL ALIENS when our representation in Congress and the apportionment of our tax dollars is dependent on the census. This is OUR country, OUR government, OUR tax dollars.

Posted by: Utahreb | April 1, 2010 10:44 AM

And I'm sure they'll file your comments in the "kook" bin, UTAHREB.

You can rail against illegal immigrants, but if you want sufficient government resources to pay for roads, healthcare and other resources in your area, you better hope they're being counted. They're here, whether you like it or not. They're driving on the roads. They're using various federally-funded programs. On Census Day, I want any person I can find to fill out a form in my precinct so my area gets our fair share of the pie, and an amount equivalent to the "real" need, not some manufactured "if they weren't here" need.

Later on, you can go get your stormtroopers to round them all up and send them home, but today you should want them filling out the forms.

Posted by: Menidia | April 1, 2010 11:53 AM

If you didn't receive a notice letter or Census form, like me, you don't have the required Census ID to request a form through the national information phone line. Call your local census bureau branch and request a form (that fact is not on the Census info web site). Turns out they don't use tax rolls or any other government database to collect Census addresses but capture them by canvassing neighborhoods. Our home, built in 1978, got missed. Stupid.

Posted by: bassetwrangler | April 1, 2010 12:59 PM

I am thinking about it. Not crazy about the use of "Negro" as a race designation & I don't like that my child who should be along in a couple of months will not be counted.

Posted by: loved1 | April 1, 2010 1:10 PM

Haven't received a census form and have never received one. Been in the same house, in town, for 32 years. Oh well, one time a human came by and asked me the questions. When she asked what my race was I said, "human".

Posted by: clairevb | April 1, 2010 2:13 PM

Not only did I complete and return the one addressed to me at my current location (where I've lived for 9 years), but yesterday I received a second one addressed to 'Resident'.

Posted by: heatherp1973 | April 2, 2010 2:00 PM