Accused Russian spy Anna Chapman: the hottest ever?

Click on your choice for the hottest spy -- accused, real, fictional -- then Vote.

By Jodi Westrick  |  June 30, 2010; 10:18 AM ET  | Category:  National Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati
Previous: Allow texting while driving? | Next: Does money buy happiness?

Comments

No Valerie Plame? How about Anne Hathaway as Agent 99?

Posted by: I-270Exit1 | June 30, 2010 12:20 PM

Anna Chapman can spy on me anyday ;)

Posted by: slasher335 | June 30, 2010 4:10 PM

I can see there's really no interest...no comments.

is it because the "Hot" as in "Hottie" factor has been revealed to actually mean "less mundane than the usual fat a**".

I'm tired of women, men too to a certain degree, making their life's work the ability to turn a head, or be "hot".

Hotness: It's a dubious distinction, and seems like a superficial ploy to manipulate folks.

I, for one, could give a Sh** less.

Posted by: pgibson1 | June 30, 2010 4:12 PM

Jennifer Garner in Alias....

Posted by: MHinNC | June 30, 2010 4:13 PM

Is this really worthy of inclusion in what purports to be a real newspaper?

Although I do grant that she's hot.

Posted by: progressivePragmatic | June 30, 2010 4:25 PM

I think this may be worse than when the Post did a "what's in your purse?" poll.

Posted by: sarahabc | June 30, 2010 4:49 PM

This story screams reality TV

Posted by: jercha | June 30, 2010 4:52 PM

Oh...sorry. For some reason I thought this was supposed to be an f'n NEWSpaper, not freaking TMZ. Seriously? The Post pays someone to write garbage like this while cutting back on real NEWS reporting? Seriously?

Posted by: overed | June 30, 2010 5:08 PM

Absurd. Total garbage. What a culture! "The hottest spy?" I really must accelerate my emigration efforts.

Posted by: taseman | June 30, 2010 5:13 PM

I'm relieved to see that most other posters can't abide the inanity of this project.

Posted by: hanley12 | June 30, 2010 5:33 PM

And yet you all take the time to post. How quaint. (FWIW, Natasha ought to beat Anna hands down. Or perhaps Natasha should give Anna a beat down...)

Posted by: kbockl | June 30, 2010 5:37 PM

Duh, I'm not gay or get off on ficticious of course Anna wins.

Posted by: dcdoug | June 30, 2010 5:53 PM

Aeon Flux (gorgeous in the film, kinky in the cartoons) or Barbara Feldon as Agent 99 or Anne Parrillaud as Nikita or Natasha Henstridge in "She Spies" (ha ha-- terrible but funny show that committed suicide by taking itself seriously). Any and all of them win your skewed poll.

Posted by: alarico | June 30, 2010 6:29 PM

ps- poll haters: this sure beats reading "the family circus"

Posted by: alarico | June 30, 2010 6:30 PM

Patriotism is well and good, but a gentleman who declined her request to defect would be one who suffers from seriously disordered priorities.

Posted by: thebump | June 30, 2010 6:45 PM

I love a good laugh. But espionage against our Nation is no laughing matter. These people conspired against every American. Not funny. I guess it isn't funny either that the Russian agent's good looks will whither and disappear in prison.

Posted by: bobbo2 | June 30, 2010 6:59 PM

Anna Chapman is #1. I shower and change shortly before work near the side window. If Palin becomes a spy, I would vote for her in the Dumbest Spy Ever category.

Posted by: revbookburn | June 30, 2010 7:01 PM

Pussy Galore gets my vote.

Posted by: davidelder | June 30, 2010 7:11 PM

A spy is a spy no matter how hot she/he is.Shame on those who trivialize the espionage issue. Spying means no character, no feelings, no creed, no belief, no judgment. They, the spies do not believe in anything good, they do not love their children, they do not have respect for their fellows men.

Posted by: lidsuvgmailcom | June 30, 2010 7:29 PM

lidsuvgmailcom-- what about OUR spies? no character? no belief? no judgment? hmmm....

Posted by: alarico | June 30, 2010 7:40 PM

While Anna Chapman may be attractive, this is retarded. Jodi Westrick, I hope you hate the fact that your name is attached to this useless poll, 'cause if you don't you're a hack. Whoever is the brains behind this, congratulations, you have successfully pandered to the lowest (increasingly)common denominator, and replaced the intellectualism of one of America's leading news sources with 'hot'. Maybe next you can poll on who is the hottest celeb. teenage preggo, or perhaps who has the hottest sex tape, or maybe even which supreme court justice your readers believe had the biggest penis? Who knows-vapidity is limited only by your self-respect...

Posted by: rrr3 | June 30, 2010 7:47 PM

She's a criminal - worse than the illegal aliens everyone is supposedly so afraid of in this country. Such a double standard.

Posted by: Libramom | June 30, 2010 8:08 PM

Wrong Mata Hari. The real Mata Hari from Lancelot Link - Secret Chimp...now there was a babe if ever I saw one. Anna who? Wow. People actually get paid to make polls like this.

Posted by: ButzBestSkinEver | June 30, 2010 8:34 PM

EMMA PEEL Goodnight.

Posted by: shark89 | June 30, 2010 9:14 PM

Perhaps you'd like to see a more serious poll regarding real topics, like sexy spies and mental healthcare reform (if the Post let's me place a link). Face it - sex sells, not mental healthcare.

Robert Beckwith

Posted by: galebeckwith1 | June 30, 2010 9:54 PM

I cannot believe this is a joke...or that Wash Post has turned it into a joke. Amazing. Russia is laughing at us, anyway. Sure, why not give them something else to laugh about? Hey - maybe we can invite one of these guys back and do a reality TV show. That would be awesome.

Posted by: kager03 | June 30, 2010 10:31 PM

I refuse to vote in such a silly poll. This newspaper, which was distinguished by generally first class journalism during the 1960's and 1970's has sadly degenerated, to a substantial extent, into a combination of a celebrity magazine, vapid news coverage and a strident neo-con foreign policy mentality.

Posted by: Aprogressiveindependent | July 1, 2010 12:30 AM

She wasn't technically a spy, but Christine Keeler of the Profumo Affair in Britain was a babe.

Posted by: Chippewa | July 1, 2010 6:10 AM

Where's Emma Peel? No one comes close to Diana Rigg/Emma Peel!!

Posted by: talbritton | July 1, 2010 6:25 AM

Oh, come on folks, if a newspaper can have comic strips, it can also have the occasional silliness like this without detracting from its serious side. Besides, it's not as if she was privy to any classified info; she was more like an embedded reporter on cultural issues. Anyway, I vote for Daniela Bianchi in From Russia With Love. Seems fitting here.

Posted by: justmike | July 1, 2010 8:20 AM

Men are so transparent (read: easy). It's all about the crotch. How else could Sarah Palin get so far?

Posted by: jessicagreen1 | July 1, 2010 8:25 AM

If we're including movie characters . . . Halle Berry, Die Another Day. No more calls, we have a winner.

Posted by: dcd1 | July 1, 2010 9:05 AM

There's a lot of people here that really need a life..... Now run a long and jer off so you can get to work on time.....

Posted by: askgees | July 1, 2010 9:58 AM

ButzBestSkinEver wrote:
***************
LMAO! Can't believe you remember Lancelot Link too. And you're right - I used to go APE over Mata Hairi.

Posted by: overed | July 1, 2010 11:15 AM

I really don't get it. She looks very regular to me.

Posted by: forgetthis | July 1, 2010 11:20 AM

I hope this story helps the average Russian understand that we have no interest in hurting them...and that we think they're not that much of a threat.

Also, that their own government is probably spying on them, too.

Posted by: tony_in_Durham_NC | July 1, 2010 12:00 PM

Stunning?? Maybe I'm missing it. She's a regular girl. I probably would hit it, but I wouldn't be pressed to hit it. I see better looking chicks on the streets of DC everyday.

Posted by: bmt-enterprises | July 1, 2010 12:08 PM

how the hell could we know? Isn't the point of spying to keep under cover? So maybe Anna Chapman's the hottest failed spy? Also, this is really stupid.

Posted by: mikenimzo | July 1, 2010 12:24 PM

Meh. Part of my reply was censored. Kinda reminds me of the good old days when Pravda would spead unfettered objective news and free speech to all the empire's proletariat classes. Down w/ Rasputin and his bourgeois Czarist overlords! Long live the Bolsheviks! Uh-oh. Maybe she had more influence than initially surmised...

Posted by: ButzBestSkinEver | July 1, 2010 1:26 PM

I'll wait for Bravo to come up with "Real Spies of (wherever)" and for E! to do "20 Sexiest Spy Hotties" and leave my vote until then.

Posted by: StanKlein | July 1, 2010 6:18 PM

Natasha was robbed!

Posted by: darkglobe5 | July 1, 2010 9:09 PM

You left out the blond in "Chuck".

Really, the winner should be Jennifer Garner in "Alias".

Although for a real-life spy, Anna Chapman isn't bad. She puts Valerie Plame (who was really just an average-looking and overpaid office-worker) to shame.

Posted by: postfan1 | July 2, 2010 3:14 AM