Will you watch 'Real Housewives of D.C.'?

Bravo will find out whether its "Real Housewives" franchise can succeed where MTV's "Real World" failed when our favorite state dinner crasher, Michaele Salahi, makes her debut on Thursday, Aug. 5, at 9 p.m. Read the full article.

Get alerted to Reliable Source blog posts and articles about Bravo's "Real Housewives of D.C." reality show. To subscribe, text dcwives to 98999. Msg&Data rates may apply.

By Jodi Westrick  |  June 15, 2010; 9:43 AM ET  | Category:  Local Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati
Previous: Is booing Mayor Adrian Fenty uncalled for? | Next: Too much tour bus congestion on the Mall?

Comments

TV is getting worse by the day. Thank goodness for sporting events to watch, without them I would never even turn it on.

Posted by: ericroks | June 15, 2010 2:33 PM

Have our lives become so empty and vacant of meaning that we have to fill time watching the made-up lives of amateur actors? Apparently, yes.

Posted by: sheehanjc | June 15, 2010 5:46 PM

Oh, well....if I choose to watch reality show ladies it's not because my life is empty or void of meaning. It's because I'm curious! Hey, if the women aren't interesting, I'll turn the television off much like I'd stop reading a book whose characters weren't interesting. The fact that someone is here choosing to criticize those of us who may want to watch proves that that person criticizing is probably watching, too! I mean, if I don't like watching golf, I don't seek a golf forum and criticize those who like to watch it. Hmm, maybe I should be like the one who criticized those of us who like to watch the housewives and find a golf (or "footie") site and go practice criticizing?

Posted by: hyacinthlily | June 16, 2010 4:41 AM

Television has morphed into something that is far worse than any "1984" or other future predicting novel could have guessed.

It turns out we should not fear the technology of government mind control.

We have something far worse: an addictive mediuum that serves us mindless blather 24/7.

Posted by: Fiftyeight | June 16, 2010 5:51 AM

Thank goodness for books, exercise, the outdoors and conversation with other people. I refuse to be dumbed down by television.

Posted by: SwingStateCindy | June 16, 2010 7:58 AM

Isn't salahi that skinny blonde parasite?

Posted by: rcubedkc | June 16, 2010 8:20 AM

Computer and books take away most of our TV time, but I'll definitely watch Housewives to see Michaele Salahi.

Perhaps you also could do more followup stories to the ones you did on the couple -- how are the lawsuits coming? have all their workers and vendors been paid? talk with her hair stylist again, and do some fashion articles. Thank you for bringing up the couple again, I know it must sell papers.

Posted by: llrllr | June 16, 2010 9:47 AM

Please tell me that this garbage is not indicative of the decline of North American culture.

Posted by: gschultens | June 16, 2010 10:28 AM

86% say they won't watch it. It looks like there's hope for the US after all.

Posted by: adrienne_najjar | June 16, 2010 10:29 AM

I don't watch the Real Housewives of Whereever now, don't see why I would break my winning streak by watching this version.

As far as Washingtonian fantasies go, various RH of X shows air right after The West Wing reruns in the morning, so I do sometimes see the opening teaser go by. But I'll be sticking with the Fantasy Pols of Washington in the Bartlett administration, not this sorry farrago.

Posted by: paulhume | June 16, 2010 10:52 AM

Probably the first couple of episodes - only to get a laugh as to what exterior shots they use of the DC area. But having seen pix of some of these broads, I do not know if I can stand them on my screen in HD.

Posted by: LABC | June 16, 2010 1:39 PM

I feel sorry for anyone who actually wants to watch this. How completely sad.

Posted by: bigbrother1 | June 16, 2010 2:26 PM

No- in fact after picked the deceptive Salahi I will not watch anything on Bravo. Regardless of their PR- they are awarding questionable if not illegal behavior.

Posted by: dcperspective | June 16, 2010 2:29 PM

The people that will watch this show are not going to respond to this question because a large majority of them get their news from US Weekly and all of the other celebrity-obsessed trash that you find in the checkout lanes. I would like to think that the people who read the newspaper online are more interested in news than celebrity gossip and fake reality shows.
All this show is going to do is raise the public profile of a few terrible wannabe actresses and a pathetic attention seeker that only became famous because she is a deceitful liar. Pure garbage.

Posted by: MeatSweats | June 16, 2010 2:53 PM

I yanked the plug on cable a few years back (shows like this filling the "what's-on-tonite" grid was one of the main reasons). Now with my Apple TV (for the occasional rental and for time-shifting Netflix disks (thanks Handbrake)) and Netflix streaming I'm way better off. Still get a few over-the-air HD signals so I'm happy to not have any real idea of what a wasteland cable TV has apparently become.

Posted by: AHappyWarrior | June 16, 2010 10:02 PM