What did you think of Chelsea's dress?

Now that all the hoopla is over, it's time for a post-mortem fashion check on Chelsea and Hillary Clinton's dress choices.

(PHOTO GALLERY OF CHELSEA'S BIG DAY)

What did you think of the way Chelsea looked (her hair and makeup) and her Vera Wang-designed bridal gown?

We couldn't get much of a glimpse of the plum-colored Oscar de la Renta gown Hillary Clinton wore to the wedding, but what did you think of the green dress she wore to a party after the rehearsal dinner?

By Andrea Caumont  |  August 2, 2010; 11:17 AM ET  | Category:  National Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati
Previous: Can the FDA keep our food supply safe? | Next: Is new Va. immigration opinion fair?

Comments

Chelsea looked beautiful and very happy. I loved the gown and the belt, hair, and her makeup. Mrs. Clinton also looked beautiful and the dress, the color of it and the cool style was flattering. I guess it was muu-muu like, but that's okay, it was a fabu muu-muu. I thought wow when I saw her in it and what a nice, fun change from suits and politics of the world. Go Chelsea! Go Hilary!

Posted by: shejoy | August 2, 2010 12:50 PM

Beautiful clothes from a talented group of American designers. I enjoyed reading about the society event-of-the-year, and wish the happy couple a wonderful life ahead. They sure make a handsome picture.

Posted by: drzimmern1 | August 2, 2010 1:53 PM

Hillary's dress was not mumu-like; it was shroud-like. It flatters neither her body not her good sense. She looks like a combination between a flightless bird and an Egyptian mummy! Chelsea is a nice girl, and when you see her broad smile, you are glad that's she's happy. However, that smile reveals teeth more appropriate to a horse than a human. About her dress, I agree with the folks who say ho-hum.

Posted by: rps1 | August 2, 2010 2:59 PM

Comparing Chelsea's teeth to a horse's is mean-spirited to the extreme. Too bad the person who made that remark didn't post his/her picture, so we could gaze upon perfection. Chelsea looked feminine and radiant. The gorgeous dress accentuated her slim waist and pretty shoulders, and complemented her lovely skin. She looked happy and radiant, as did her mother. Congratulations to Chelsea.

Posted by: agajpc | August 2, 2010 6:21 PM

I would like a job with the Post to ask stupid questions...It's like counting rain drops..Chelsea looks/is happy..Hillary looks/is happy...It matters not our opinion..My very best wishes to all of them.

Posted by: HickoryNan | August 2, 2010 6:26 PM

I don't usually comment on this sort of thing. But I wonder about why the need to comment about Hillary's dress. As everyone knows, the only dress that matters at any wedding is the brides, which is always beautiful (just ask Miss Manners!). Chelsea's gown was particularly beautiful. As for the person who commented on Chelsea's teeth, what kind of a person looks at a bride's beautiful smile and insults her teeth! !!! This comment reminded me of the few awful insults that she had to endure in her early days as first daughter because as a 12 year old she had fluffy hair.

Posted by: LunarNaCl | August 2, 2010 6:27 PM

I think Chelsea has matured into a nice looking young woman. She has been through a lot in her young life and I do not think it is right to pick at her and judge her as if she were livestock. She has grown and matured. She seems bright and involved in life. I am sure being Bill's child has put her in a few uncomfortable situations....she has come through those tests quite nicely. My wish for Chelsea and her husband.... a life filled with love and happiness.

Posted by: tombmagic | August 2, 2010 6:57 PM

I liked Chelsea's dress but thought it didn't really match the summer outdoor setting - it seemed like a dress more suited for a winter indoor evening wedding (particularly the beaded waistline, but also the tulle-skirt, which looked more ballroom-appropriate than outdoors-y).
I loved Hillary's hair style. The swept-back look was flattering and a fun change from her diplomatic look.

Posted by: Lindytx | August 2, 2010 7:30 PM

I felt that Chelsea's dress didnt flatter her in the slightest. Instead it brought attention to areas that she would not have wanted attention brought to, and minimized her positives. I thought Vera Wang could have done much better.

Posted by: Samuraicat | August 2, 2010 7:40 PM

Rather sad some persons need to diminish the bride's beauty and that of her mother. It looked like there were true reasons to smile. Good wishes

Posted by: onthejourney | August 2, 2010 7:54 PM

Why 8n the world should anyone give a damn?

Posted by: sameolddoc | August 2, 2010 8:25 PM

I agree with the writer who said Chelsea's dress didn't flatter. I'm not certain why strapless dresses are so popular, but with rare exception they don't flatter most women. If it made her happy then it made her happy. She LOOKED radiant (regardless of the dress). Same for Mrs. Clinton. In the end I'm not sure how much the dresses really matter.

Posted by: VirginiaReader1 | August 2, 2010 8:46 PM

Chelsea looked absolutely fabulous. Her dress was to die for. Absolutely gorgeous. They couple looked young, happy, and in love. Wish them well and as for the haters commenting. Post your own wedding pics, that is, if you actually found someone to marry your sour-a$$.

Posted by: globug | August 2, 2010 9:05 PM

Reading some of these comments points out one reason why the wedding plans, etc. were kept private....The half-wits in this country would have made a circus out of their day. Chelsea was a beautiful bride and they had a beautiful wedding. Now, let them live their life...

Posted by: jfristriut | August 2, 2010 9:54 PM

This is SO none of my business. . but I loved Chelsea's dress and the caftan look that Hilary pulled off was very real. All of the wedding pictures made me smile on a weekend when the news, otherwise, did not.

Posted by: drmary | August 2, 2010 9:58 PM

Chelsea looked gorgeous -- elegant, feminine, classically lovely.

Hillary, too, looked lovely.

The negative comments show how mean and small people can be -- and delight in it. I bet most, if not all, of those folks think they are Christians. Interesting, too, how their criticisms do not jibe with objective reality.

The wedding gown may not be to everyone's taste, but it's hard not to see how beautiful Chelsea looked.

Did the Post run a poll and encourage people to mock Jenna Bush and her wedding dress? Quiz the readers about Laura's dress and make-up? I don't recall that it did . . .

Posted by: ponderer | August 2, 2010 10:14 PM

She looks beautifully happy. Good for her. I'm so pleased she was able to have the relatively private wedding she wished for.

Like Jenna Bush a few years back, the sheer joy of the couple being wed shines through. The fashion choices are good, but the good will makes everything look divine.

Best wishes.

Posted by: Roxie1 | August 2, 2010 10:18 PM

She looks very happy, which is all that matters. She looks amazingly like Princess Ann of Great Britain. They could be twins.

Posted by: juliadee | August 2, 2010 10:41 PM

This wedding also served another purpose. It reminded us Americans how much we miss the Clintons - especially after the Obama disaster! HILLARY CLINTON FOR PRESIDENT IN 2012! She is the only one who can beat the Republicans. American hate Obama. The world hates Obama. Obama is toast. Obama can't do anything right! Oh, if Hillary had only beaten that jerk in the primary. What happened? Where were people thinking? HILLARY CLINTON FOR PRESIDENT IN 2012!!!! WE DEMOCRATS NEED TO DUMP OBAMA!!!!!!!

Posted by: georges2 | August 2, 2010 11:41 PM

Good luck to Chelsea. As for her dress; I didn't chose it, I didn't wear itand I didn't pay for it, why the hell would anyone care what I thought about it?

Posted by: stevel1 | August 2, 2010 11:56 PM

I hate strapless or sleeveless wedding gowns. Strapless belongs on a 19th century bar maid. Hello, girls. There is a priest standing behind you!

Chelsea does have horrible teeth, which her parents could have done something about. Maybe not to make her look like a cheerleader, but to remove about four teeth and straighten the rest wouldn't have hurt.

She has gorgeous eyes, but she doesn't need a black cap on them. The eye liner made her look evil.

Will no one they trust tell those people how to remove their names from the "Butt of Jokes" book?

That said, I'm very proud of Chelsea Clinton. Her folks have given her strength of character. And she is marrying a hottie.

Posted by: HookedOnThePost | August 3, 2010 12:43 AM

Chelsea has turned into a very attractive young lady and she looked beautiful. I didn't see a price for the wedding dress, but ALL wedding dresses are outrageously overpriced. Hillary was beaming, but I didn't like her dress at all, even though it looks like she too, like Bill, lost weight for the wedding. So that's better health for both of them!

Posted by: Maerzie | August 3, 2010 1:13 AM

Are you people at The Post nuts?!?! This was a cheap expensive wedding, not a celestial beatification.... Jaysus!

Posted by: JPMcC | August 3, 2010 1:15 AM

Chelsea looked utterly beautiful. Strapless gowns do not flatter very many women, but Chelsea has the thin arms and delicate shoulders to pull it off. The dress was just what you'd expect from Vera Wang--perfect. But the best part was the look of love between the two of them.

Posted by: greenmountains | August 3, 2010 1:21 AM

Who care what Chelsea's dress looked like, or what Hillary or Bill were wearing. If I was invited maybe I'd care, I wasn't, so it's not by problem or issue to care about. If they were happy with what they wore that is all that matters.

Posted by: termiteavenger | August 3, 2010 1:47 AM

Did they actually pay for the wedding dress?????

Posted by: charley42 | August 3, 2010 2:30 AM

Does the Wapo ever run out of stupid questions to ask?

Posted by: treetopflyer | August 3, 2010 4:05 AM

it is a nonsense poll. Both looked beautiful and radiant and I wish C and M a very happy life . And I hope Hillary will be the next president as all that cheered obama can already experiment what a disastrous choice they made/ he does nothing and achieves nothing !! He deserved the novel price exactly like Bush did/ are you happy now to suffer the rest of his period? ugh !!!God save America from him and let's hope for Hillary !!!!

Posted by: guigue1234 | August 3, 2010 4:52 AM

Firstly for american people who dont know that , Hillary dress is the official muslim's women dress , you see this in mulims countries like Turky Iran Somalia.

Secandly : i have to say waw , this is the beautifull girl and happiest moment for her life , why same commenters are dont happy with her beautifull dress.

this is historical marriege for one reason , becuase chelsea is dougter of former president of USA her mother are the best US secratery of state we ever seen.

and also that is happen when the first african american who is secend name is Husain after 11th sept. and also that is happen during the worst economic disaster since great depression.

Posted by: gardoon2010 | August 3, 2010 4:56 AM

Her FAce is strong shaped with muscles and bones, Her HAir is thick, Her Teeth are generous and broad.

the cloth of the gown could be shaped and strong as it is in Her FAce and thick as it is in Her HAir and Generous as it is in Her Mouth.

the cloth of the dress of Hillary Clinton was also thin, it is like silk or similar fabric. She has not prefered the thick cloths in Her Service.

the countryside was windy and the sheer cloths of the ladies could pass the sunlight and move with the wind around.

Posted by: frankwithguest | August 3, 2010 5:02 AM

Chelsea Clinton has a shape in regulation for winter.

Posted by: frankwithguest | August 3, 2010 5:16 AM

The gas bags on the left...ie the entire MSM railed against Bush for his daughters wedding... "OMG They spent 200K on it!". Bite me when I say this was a rediculas waste of time. Hillary cried for donors to help pay off her election debt? Good GAWD...Liberals are by far the worst hypocrits on the planet!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: sb2288 | August 3, 2010 5:21 AM

Chelsea looked absolutely beautiful and very happy. I'm glad they pulled it off without the press all over them.

For the people who are making fun of Chelsea - you all need to get a life and stop the meaness. What is wrong with your lives that you have to make fun of a young,lovely young girl on her wedding day?

Posted by: reba2 | August 8, 2010 4:44 AM