Does 'i-dosing' really get kids high?

Teens, in pursuit of their inalienable right to try to get high off of anything that can be ingested, digested or harvested, are apparently now trying to get high off of MP3s that play binaural beats, a trend called "i-dosing." Whether i-dosing actually gets kids high is an open question however. Read the article and tell us what you think in the poll below.

By Andrea Caumont  |  August 3, 2010; 7:39 AM ET  | Category:  National Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati
Previous: Is new Va. immigration opinion fair? | Next: Would you vote for Wyclef?

Comments

I really wanted to vote on this one but I didn't see an option for "Only if you are a scared little moron severely lacking in critical thinking skills" on the ballot. Oh well...

Posted by: JKJ88 | August 3, 2010 1:27 PM

Posted by: JKJ88

Mmhmm, that would fall under the second answer: "No."

Posted by: forgetthis | August 3, 2010 2:23 PM

I would have voted No, people are just susceptible to the power of suggestion.

The placebo effect works on 1/3 of all people. But in addition to that there are tones, sounds, music that does affect people.

No one can tell me that they haven't listened to loud hard music that hasn't gotten them agitated/excited or some noise that irritates them.

Sure, there's something going on (never having heard the sounds myself) but it's most likely a mixture of several things when it does affect someone.

Posted by: cmecyclist | August 3, 2010 4:24 PM

It's bogus. I've listened to Holosync and it had no effect whatsoever. Guess I'm not that suggestible.

Posted by: jjjunob | August 3, 2010 4:39 PM

My Lord, is this really what The Post has sunk to? If I can convince 10 people that the smell of my farts will cure cancer will The Post assign 9 reporters to sniff my butt? Any person with even 1/4 of a brain knows this is just bunk, and The Post puts it all over the front page of the Style section. The Post really has become a newspaper for people who are turned off by the hard-hitting reporting of US Weekly.

Posted by: mlincoln1 | August 3, 2010 4:40 PM

I think I caught a buzz from this poll.

Posted by: saqqa | August 3, 2010 4:42 PM

This reminds me of when a friend of mind was so against drinking alcohol that someone told her that the punch was spiked an as she was drinking, she literally believed herself to a woozy state.

Her buzz immediately left after we told her that the drink was nothing more than Kool-Aid with ginger ale. She felt small and went home.

She's been drinking wine ever since.

Posted by: cbmuzik | August 3, 2010 4:55 PM

Unemployment is at 9.6%, we still have our troops dying overseas, and there is an on-going environmental disaster happening in the Gulf and this is what WaPo reports on after having Chelsea Clinton's wedding photos on the site for 3 days straight.

The internet didn't bring the demise of newspapers; newspapers brought the demise of newspapers.

Posted by: JoeBrones | August 3, 2010 5:03 PM

joebrones,

You know how some people used to get the morning newspaper and turn to the comics or just read the sports section or....

Well, it's always been this way. The difference is now the internet has condensed all the headlines and you can now interact with all the other people instantaneously - THAT'S the real difference.

Posted by: cmecyclist | August 3, 2010 6:01 PM

The only thing true about this is that people who're worried about it are particularly stupid & suggestible. More so than the ones toying with it.

Posted by: Nymous | August 3, 2010 9:16 PM

Also, if you are worrying about this, well you're wasting your time. Really seriously wasting your time and everyone elses. This is as big a waste of time as worrying about Lindsey Lohan's fingernail paint. The people who are doing it are wasting their lives, and everyone elses time. Worrying about this is mental masterbation.

Posted by: Nymous | August 3, 2010 9:20 PM

I don't see (Who Cares?) as an option
so I won't answer.

Posted by: jpenergy | August 3, 2010 9:22 PM

i'm surprised there isn't some scared momma's group out there screaming that our nation's youth are getting high by holding their breath, or spinning around in a chair.

this reminds me of Tipper Gore and her war against Ozzy Osborne back in the 80's and 90's...

THE THOUGHT POLICE, THEIR IN MY HEAD, THE THOUGHT POLICE!

Posted by: Please_Fix_VAs_Roads | August 4, 2010 8:54 AM

just to be on the safe side, we'd better go ahead and ban music.

Posted by: mikenimzo | August 4, 2010 9:20 AM