Who do you think won the debate?

By Jodi Westrick  |  September 1, 2010; 12:00 PM ET Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati
Previous: Has Michelle Rhee helped or hurt Adrian
Fenty's campaign?
| Next: Is abstinence education effective?

Comments

Fenty has worked hard for DC. He is concerned with ALL areas of the city. Crime is down, he has been effective in tackling homelessness.

His opponent made serious mistakes with foster care system and he turned down money for emergency shelters.

Fenty, on the other hand, is not perfect, but he is hard working, he gets along with Obama, and he has accomplished an enormous amount for all sections of the city. I will vote for Fenty

Posted by: jackdc16 | September 2, 2010 3:30 AM

Many residents feel a bit disenfranchised from the current administration and its leader. The improvements in some our capital infrastructure (schools and recreation centers) are offset by the take no prisoners approach to governance, disdain for consensus building, and fear that has permeated the civil service and repercussions for those who speak out or exercise and independent thought. There is no place for this in the 21 Century let alone a world class City.

Posted by: sandyloam | September 2, 2010 7:17 AM

Vincent Gray is playing to that old Barry base that is used to having someone hold their hand and tell them that they will be alright. Fenty has not had time to do this- because he has been making things alright-really- not like Barry where, despite the smiles, and hand holding, and the "yes mamma-ing"- things got progressively worse. Gray may win the election, but DC will lose big. Unfortunaltely those who benefit most from what Fenty has been doing aren't smart enough to see it. They will feel it when it all starts to unravel.

Posted by: poppysue85 | September 2, 2010 8:53 AM

Fenty is the bomb!

Posted by: keelyhazel | September 2, 2010 9:06 AM

Fenty takes credit for school reforms started before him and for the lower crime rate, which is national.

Truth is Fenty doesn't support charter schools and his administration is rife with cronyism. Consensus isn't in his vocabulary.

DC knows when a mayor isn't right to get rid of them, which unfortunately has been the case in the past few.

Posted by: coumaris | September 2, 2010 9:25 AM

FENTY! FENTY! FENTY!

He has done an incredible job for the District. His accomplishments and dedication to improving the quality of life of residents are felt by all, even commuters. No one's perfect, but Fenty has been doing all he can. He has the right attitude, projects a "can do" image for DC, and has the strength of character and vitality to uplift the city. Gray is a step in the WRONG direction, and I hope voters don't make a mistake!

Posted by: tbantug | September 2, 2010 9:27 AM

I see Fenty's staffers are out in full force this morning getting the message out... on the Post's comments boards (teeheehee)!

Posted by: forgetthis | September 2, 2010 9:28 AM

The city does not need another Barryesque administration where cronyism was the least of its problems. All administrations have cronyism, don't ever get that twisted. Give Fenty more time to finish his job. I just do not believe Gray has what it takes to keep the city moving forward at the pace it has been since Williams and Fenty. Fendy has done great things for the city and I agree, some people are not smart enough to see the positive change.

Posted by: cymp65 | September 2, 2010 9:48 AM

I get the impression that they Fenty media machine is getting their folks to add comments. I vote for Fenty over Linda Cropp…I supported Fenty mainly because of his responsive in the Ward where I grew up, as well as his commitment to improving DC schools. Unfortunately, Mayor Fenty has been a major disappointment. His leadership style is brass at best. His relationship with the press has gone from being responsive and transparent to being arrogant and secretive. His withholding Nats tickets from the City Council showed his immaturity. His closing roads for personal training is egotistical. None of these qualities is sign of a strong leader.

Fenty’s ads say he has made mistake. I should remind people who are so ready to show Vince Gray under the bus that Mr. Gray’s mistakes are no worse than Fenty’s. The difference is Gray seems to have a great more integrity than our junior Mayor. I NEVER thought I would be voting for anyone other than Fenty this year. That shows you how disappointing he has been more me and perhaps the majority of the Washingtonians who grow up here or have a real commitment to remaining in the city.

In closing, there is virtually NO difference between Gray’s and Fenty’s platform. DC is a prime target for terrorist/hostile attacks. With that said, are you willing to take chances with a Mayor who vanishes without telling his constituents where he is? I am not; AND will NOT be voting for Fenty this time around.

Posted by: RaheemDC | September 2, 2010 10:10 AM

Posted by: RaheemDC | September 2, 2010 10:12 AM

I'm not a part of a Fenty media machine, just a long-time resident of the district and I voted for Fenty yesterday. I don't want to go back to the way the district was run before Williams and Fenty. He's done a great job and I want him to continue.

Posted by: starr5 | September 2, 2010 10:19 AM

@JACKDC16: '...he gets along with Obama,...' and what does this have to do with the price of tea in China???

Posted by: BeWitched | September 2, 2010 10:39 AM

To Mr. Mayor,

WE the people of the District of Columbia voted for you and contrary to your belief, you do have to answer to us. The District is a democracy, not a dictatorship, please move on!

Sincerely,
Ward 3 resident, former supporter

GO Gray!

Posted by: BeWitched | September 2, 2010 10:49 AM

can anyone please go find Anthony Williams?

Posted by: ryjufox3 | September 2, 2010 12:36 PM