What's your reaction to this story?

The number of women with six-figure incomes is rising at a much faster pace than it is for men.

Nationwide, about one in 18 women working full-time earned $100,00 or more in 2009, a jump of 14 percent over two years, according to new census figures. In contrast, one in seven men made that much, up just 4 percent.

By Abha Bhattarai  |  October 6, 2010; 6:57 PM ET Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati
Previous: Will NRA endorsements give Democrats the boost they need? | Next: Are parents and teachers putting too much pressure on teenagers?

Comments

I is torn between voting "yeah for the women" and "I wishes I made more moolah" and this leave me to speculate that I has a soft spot for one an'a hard spot for th'other.

Posted by: glenglish | October 6, 2010 11:08 PM

Men need to start to break down the discrimination and barriers to entry in the nursing and education fields. There are a disproportionate number of women in these fields.

Posted by: mark0004 | October 7, 2010 8:46 AM

"Yay for women" should've really said "Yay for white women", as they've really been the primary beneficiaries of the Affirmative Action and the Equal Employment Opportunity. If you don't believe this, just look at the stats!

Posted by: TalkingHead1 | October 7, 2010 8:55 AM

-Yay for women

-Boo for men

-Ugh, I wish I made more money

These are not intelligent options!

Posted by: moebius22 | October 7, 2010 9:04 AM

Yay for white women? What a stupid concept! I'm not white, but I am a woman making a nice six figure salary. It wasn't my race or my gender but my hard work, intelligence, and ingenuity that got me where I am.

Posted by: rebeccagmu2k1 | October 7, 2010 10:20 AM

None of the above! How about: yay for everyone who has figured out how to do work they love and earn enough to live the life they want? And a bigger yay for those who reach out a hand and help someone else work toward their dream?

Posted by: n_mcguire | October 7, 2010 10:51 AM

This poll is prejudiced against men. No matter which way one votes, you're still voting for the advancement of women, sometimes at the expense of men. This kind of thing is typical of MSM propaganda & how they manipulate public opinion.

Posted by: book134 | October 7, 2010 11:05 AM

As long as women are viewed as a protected "minority" artificially they will always be able to turn in their skirt for a pair of pants... Now, let all the hate filled responses ensue, but remember that a girl or woman can be a part of any aspect of society, but boys and men have been relegated to second class citizen status by law

Posted by: creativeryder | October 7, 2010 11:25 AM

Um, but there's still more than twice as many men as there women making six figures. Obviously, the rate of increase for women will slow when they reach one in seven. It's pretty much a basic law of statistics like this.

Posted by: Wallenstein | October 7, 2010 11:35 AM

I'm a dude and I voted "Yay for Women". Doesn't hurt that my wife hit the six figure mark.

Posted by: theobserver4 | October 7, 2010 12:27 PM