Which rally will you attend?

The Washington, D.C. mall will be busy in October. Labor and civil rights groups have organized the One Nation rally for this weekend, while John Stewart and Stephen Colbert are putting on their own rallies at the end of the month. Which will you attend, if any?

By Andrea Caumont  |  October 1, 2010; 10:04 AM ET  | Category:  National Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati
Previous: Is Mark Zuckerberg a hero or a villain? | Next: Is it the right step to halt foreclosures?

Comments

The Nation One rally is a gathering of communists and socialist organizations. This is so pathetic. If you are a union member, look at what your money is doing. Would these dues have found better use by you little family and loved ones? They are using you. That is what socialists, marxists, and communists do. They use other people's money since they do not work. They do not want to work. They want you to work and make them a nice living sponging off of you. So you will see a gathering of losers who live as parasites off of others. Their ideas are old. My age group witnessed people die to climb a wall to freedom rather that live daily in this evil. Their promises are evil and empty. Even the name of this rally is a lie. We are not Nation one with this garbage.

Posted by: greatgran1 | October 1, 2010 12:45 PM

@greatgran1: Can't argue with so much ignorance, granny. If you ever worked a day in your life, thank unions for a 40 hour work week, among other things. Why are you so afraid of free speech?

Posted by: greyK | October 1, 2010 1:43 PM

God, what a freak show that will be.

Posted by: kbarker302 | October 1, 2010 2:00 PM

Meh. Without Glenn Beck's weeping and wailing and Sister Sarah's hot, hot, pumps where's the fun?

Posted by: arancia12 | October 1, 2010 8:04 PM

This will get a fraction of the coverage that the Beck/klan rally got. A rally for the workers, middle class, and everyone getting burned by the corporate elite and the psycho stooges in the 'tea party,' isn't Jerry Springer-enough to get thorough media coverage.

Posted by: revbookburn | October 1, 2010 9:46 PM

I'll be there in spirit. Since there's no choice for that in your poll, I didn't vote.

Posted by: Tara12 | October 1, 2010 10:14 PM

If I attended, it would be to counter-protest against the One Nation gathering.

Posted by: SCOTSGUARDS | October 1, 2010 10:22 PM

No, I got better things to do than hang out with a bunch of commies and racists. The majority of people that show up are being forced to attend by their thug unions.

Posted by: kitzdakat | October 2, 2010 9:06 AM

Racist hate-filled horror show hyped by the Mainstream Media.

Posted by: logicprevails | October 2, 2010 9:13 AM

I'll be there in spirit. I gotta work and have prior commitments, like feed my kids.

I could not vote for not being able to attend, and for that reason I didn't vote either. The lack of this choice leaves the impression of "not being able to attend" rather lopsided as that is the only logical choice for most working Americans who aren't in traveling distance of DC.

Posted by: glenglish | October 2, 2010 10:55 AM

That commie bus never picked me up!

Posted by: MRGB | October 2, 2010 11:16 AM

I will stay home and PROTEST! Who wants to be with commies and racists? NOT this one! Vote them all out in Nov.

Posted by: annnort | October 2, 2010 11:47 AM

Where does the notion of "commies and racists" come from? I can see picking one or the other as an epithet, but both? That seems kinda messed up -- almost as if the people slinging slurs are just looking for any rock they can throw, without bothering about niceties such as "truth", "logic", or "a lick of common sense". Perhaps I'm wrong. Which, by the way, is one of the slogans I'm thinking about putting on a sign for the Rally to Restore Sanity.

Posted by: ScienceTim | October 2, 2010 12:23 PM

Of the over 400 groups attending this gathering I am sure one would not be welcome, the Tea Party. Isn't it just wonderful how One Nation welcomes the Communist Party of America yet shuns Americans who want a Government that functions within our Constitution. One Nation has put together all of the groups that have brought this country to it's knees. Their ideas include Socialism, more entitlements, and less freedom. No thanks. After their gathering they can return to their homes and wait and see what the rest of the Nation says in November.

Posted by: bobbo2 | October 2, 2010 12:35 PM

Haha, yeah right I'm going to this thing. Wait for Stewart/Colbert. I hope unions/MSNBC don't hijack Stewart/Colbert. At least Tea Party origins are organic. SEIU/AFL-CIO/Teachers Union only exist to benefit their executives and prevent competition in the market place and hide bad teachers and other workers. While they may mean well, limiting choices for workers/consumers and forcing their views through legislation only infringes upon the political and economic rights of the majority. The Tea Party may love Medicare and Social Security, but they had LOTS more people show up (I'm in DC), AND they don't believe in government employing more people. Government does not exist to give people jobs.

Posted by: jplrx123 | October 2, 2010 2:19 PM