When should you start thinking about Christmas?

Christmas is a season of delight and wonder, but for some it also means headache and worry. And every holiday season the sound of jingle bells seems to come a little earlier. Are you a fan of the "Christmas creep" or do you despise the intrusion on other holidays? Read the full story.

By Ryan Kellett  |  November 11, 2010; 6:01 PM ET Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati
Previous: Is freezing the salaries of federal workers an effective way to reduce the deficit? | Next: Have you ever been subjected to an airport security 'pat down'?

Comments

Never works for me.

Posted by: lastmogul | November 12, 2010 5:14 AM

I can't wait for this year's war on Christmas to start ... 3.....2......1....

Posted by: mjcc1987 | November 12, 2010 7:19 AM

I like Christmas...

I even dedicate my blog for Christmas CD

Simple Indulgence Blogspot.

Posted by: 030474 | November 12, 2010 8:20 AM

Wanting won't make it so, until many don't shop, ever, at stores who put their stuff out before Thanksgiving.

My wife and I have pretty much exited the "stuff for Christmas" treadmill, but then we don't have kids or grandkids.

Posted by: trh123 | November 12, 2010 8:33 AM

I am not Roman Catholic; therefore I do not celebrate "Christ Mass" (yes, that's what "Christmas means).

The early church didn't celebrate the Birth of Jesus either. They just accepted it as fact.

Posted by: joe_allen_doty | November 12, 2010 8:36 AM

I'm so sick of people whining about "The War on Christmas." Not everyone believes in your bullsh|t. Nut up and deal with it you paranoid f()ks.

Posted by: Please_Fix_VAs_Roads | November 12, 2010 9:18 AM

Big Business has made every attempt to cheaper and degrade Christmas. And this from the very people the "Conservative Christian" folks support. Go figure.

Posted by: pjohn2 | November 12, 2010 9:48 AM

No Christmas items should be displayed in retail establishments until after November 1.

Posted by: davidhoffman1062 | November 12, 2010 9:48 AM

Christmas creep has made Thanksgiving my favorite holiday. It gets to remain a true day of thanks because the hype pretty much bypasses it.

The time for me to think about Christmas is not really the same as the time that retailers should be hyping it. Start the hype later, please!

And don't have sales on Thanksgiving Day. Treat your employees like humans with families this year, please!

Posted by: PubPeople | November 12, 2010 10:19 AM

It doesn't matter what I think. It doesn't matter what the WaPo thinks. It doesn't matter what religious people think. This is a commercial holday, and it will be run according to commercial imperatives.

Posted by: tinyjab40 | November 12, 2010 10:29 AM

Posted by: PubPeople | November 12, 2010 10:29 AM

I've seen some stores clear space in their home and garden sections for Christmas decorations as early as Labor Day. I can understand the thinking behind that, but it still gives the feeling that life is only the down time between holidays. For anything else related to Christmas, I would say no earlier than Black Friday. We may be reaching the point where we should just leave our trees up all year and simply switch the ornaments - think of what Redskins fans could do with their trees for the start of the football seasons.

Posted by: Carstonio | November 12, 2010 11:10 AM