Real or artificial: Which kind of Christmas tree do you prefer?

By Abha Bhattarai  |  December 1, 2010; 1:58 PM ET  | Category:  Local Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati
Previous: How important is net neutrality to you? | Next: Your Grammy picks

Comments

I prefer real trees, but it's so much easier to pull out my Target tree from the closet.

Posted by: AxelDC | December 1, 2010 3:31 PM

I'm lucky enough to have a little farm in Southern VA and our tradition is to drive down and cut a cedar every year. It's not always perfectly shaped but it's real, wild and helps keeps the cedars from spreading.

Posted by: rbruce3 | December 2, 2010 6:14 AM

I like a real tree, but every year when I pull out the artificial tree I think about how much money it's saving me. And I'm not cleaning up dropped needles for months after Christmas.

Posted by: MuffinsMom | December 2, 2010 6:31 AM

I prefer a real tree (the scent is great), but as someone who doesn't own a car, it's easier to keep an artifical tree in the closet.

Posted by: jckdoors | December 2, 2010 1:35 PM

What about NONE? There's no such thing as "Christmas" in the Bible anyway. Calling a decorated tree a "Christmas tree" doesn't make it a correct thing to do.

Posted by: joe_allen_doty | December 3, 2010 1:29 AM

This is the modern world, I can download a christmas tree and play it on my big screen tv.

Posted by: eezmamata | December 6, 2010 3:00 AM

Although I love the scent of a real tree, cutting branches and bringing them into the house accomplishes that. Killing a living tree just to decorate your home for a few weeks does not seem to support the reason for the season. Growing up I would have to trek into the woods to cut our family tree and every year I had a horrible guilty feeling after I cut down the tree that I had killed it. Now I prefer to see the real trees in their natural setting and an artificial tree in my home.

Posted by: Bearthoven | December 12, 2010 12:08 PM

A beautiful Norfolk Island pine makes a gorgeous Christmas tree. A live tree without the dropped needles or guilt about killing all those trees every Christmas, one initial expense, nothing artificial about it. Plus you have a lovely plant helping to clean your indoor air year round. Always feels rather special to pull the tree into the focal point and commence the decorating. Cheers!

Posted by: samantha3 | December 12, 2010 5:47 PM