What should be worn under a kilt?

Last month, the Scottish Tartans Authority, the governing body that sets the world standard for Highland dress, called for an end to the age-old custom, saying the practice is "unhygienic" and "offensive." Not everyone agrees.

By Local Editors  |  December 4, 2010; 9:19 PM ET Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati
Previous: How should college dorms be organized to create a safe environment? | Next: How reliable is Pepco in your neighborhood?

Comments

how about who cares? (unless one is gay, of course - not that there is anything wrong with that)

Posted by: areyousaying | December 5, 2010 4:47 PM

And as the world falls apart, the Post continues its rigorous journalism...

Posted by: habari2 | December 5, 2010 6:14 PM

Sometimes, the imagination is better than the reality. Cover the 'boys' and keep them warm, please. If you look good in your kilt, you'll need the 'boys' later.........

Posted by: momof20yo | December 5, 2010 7:23 PM

The traditional answer is "shoes".

Posted by: yellojkt | December 5, 2010 7:57 PM

The other traditional answer is "Nothing is worn under the kilt. It's all in perfect working order!" (I spent the weekend at a craft show wearing a kilt, leather shirt, and orange top hat--part of the job of being a craft vendor is theater, to make oneself memorable. I was wearing a Utilikilt, so instead of a sgian dubh, I had a Leatherman.)

Posted by: phred20910 | December 5, 2010 8:19 PM

I believe I was told "pride" when I asked such a presumptuous question many years ago.

Posted by: LisaMary | December 5, 2010 8:54 PM

Black White Passion * C0M
The best club for seeking HOT singles, hot and sexy beauties.
You’ll find the best selection of hot babies,
sexy singles at the exclusive interracial dating community,.Join it right now and have fun….I look forward to reading the book!

Posted by: abulaw | December 5, 2010 9:11 PM

Right now, dear Post, I am completely "commando" inside my underwear.

Posted by: dricks | December 5, 2010 10:33 PM

{ http://www.bizboysell.com }

Wonderful.
Share a website with you ,
fashionable + popular men's clothing and women's dress
beautiful shoe + tide bag。
delivery is free.
Believe you will love it.

Posted by: itkonlyyou414 | December 5, 2010 10:35 PM

Depends how sensitive you are to wool.

Back when I did Scottish dancing I stopped going regimental. Now as a piper it's just more appropriate to wear something.
I play in a Welsh folk band. Sometimes I'll wear Welsh red dragon boxer shorts.

habari2 needs to get a life. Sometimes you just need to lighten up.

Posted by: roscym1 | December 6, 2010 10:31 AM

A friend of mine often wears kilt, and his standard response to the question "So what do you wear under there?" is "Your wife's lipstick" if the questioner is a man and "Give me $5 and I'll show you" if it's a oman.

Posted by: lepidopteryx | December 6, 2010 1:19 PM

Do you mean when a man wears a kilt,...or a woman?

Posted by: don_liston | December 13, 2010 9:27 PM