The League

THE QUESTION

Should the NFL Get Rid of Cheerleaders?

Sure, they pull in some viewers, but would professional football be better if teams disbanded their cheerleading squads?

Posted by Emil Steiner on September 2, 2009 7:29 AM
FROM THE PANEL

Prettier Than Losing

Take the "it's degrading to women" and "it's inappropriate for children" arguments and shove it.

Posted by Sarah Schorno, on September 3, 2009 12:30 PM

Are We Serious Here?

The question was, should the NFL get rid of cheerleaders? And that's just a silly question.

Posted by Dan Levy, on September 2, 2009 11:34 AM

Don't Pack It in

I was aware of the cheerleaders before I understood anything else about the game. And I hope they never leave it.

Posted by Brandon Benson, on September 2, 2009 8:35 AM

Cheer For What?

The NFL game should never need cheerleaders to better sell its product -- just ask the Pitt

Posted by Dan Parker, on September 2, 2009 7:58 AM

More Than Short Skirts

According to my husband there are four things men love: beer, food, live sports and women, and the NFL combines all four.

Posted by Dawn Knight, on September 2, 2009 7:55 AM

Cost Cutting Cheer

If a few frills have to go so more people decide the price of admission is worth it, then so be it.

Posted by Jason Maloni, on September 2, 2009 7:42 AM

Bears Want Them

Coming from a team that doesn't have cheerleaders, let me simply say, we want them.

Posted by Adam Tracey, on September 2, 2009 7:31 AM

FEATURED COMMENTS

aster2: Do you take your kids to football games? It is becoming more and more difficult to even go anywhere with a kid , the museums even feature p...

shhhhh: If they get rid of the TV timeouts, then the cheer leaders will go with them naturally....

borntoraisehogs: The league should get rid of them . They give me impure thoughts . Football already causes me to drink beer and gamble , but the arousal of...

Make a Comment  |  All Comments (127)