The League

THE QUESTION

NFC East futility

Is the NFC East now the worst division in football?

Posted by Emil Steiner on November 23, 2009 6:01 AM
FROM THE PANEL

Still competetitive

There's no doubt in my mind that the AFC West, AFC East, and NFC West are all worse than the NFC East

Posted by Shawn Zobel, on November 23, 2009 5:17 PM

Worst? Hardly

While the teams haven't been playing well as of late, the numbers clearly indicate the NFC East is one of the best.

Posted by Dan Levy, on November 23, 2009 2:59 PM

Eastern parity, western futility

The NFC East, but looking broader, this division isn't so much bad as it is very evenly matched.

Posted by Rob Rang, on November 23, 2009 12:55 PM

NFC West worse

The worst division in football this year is the same one it's been for several years. The NFC West.

Posted by Jason Brewer, on November 23, 2009 11:55 AM

Are you kidding?

The NFC East (one of the strongest divisions in the entire league) has no business being in this discussion.

Posted by Sean Moroney, on November 23, 2009 11:36 AM

Still a beast

If you go by DVOA, the NFC East is the best division in football.

Posted by Doug Farrar, on November 23, 2009 10:07 AM

How far has the NFC East tumbled?

The perennial beast now finds itself mired in mediocrity, but is it really the worst division in the NFL? Vote here...

Posted by Reader Poll, on November 23, 2009 6:52 AM

Not even close

My first reaction when this question was posed to me was "Are you kidding?'' It's also my second, third and fourth reaction.

Posted by Dave Goldberg, on November 23, 2009 6:40 AM

Middling, not worst

The NFC East has hardly been the beast prognosticators thought it might be. But, no way is it the worst division in football.

Posted by Edward Valentine, on November 23, 2009 6:27 AM

Nearly the worst

The NFC East is so bad that if we had a competition for the worst division in football it would come in second.

Posted by Emil Steiner, on November 23, 2009 6:21 AM

FEATURED COMMENTS

donnolo: This is the stupidest topic yet. The relative strength or weakness of the various divisions is not a matter of opinion, it's an objective re...

lensch: Shucks, I wasted my time doing a stupider computation, but interestingly enough, I got the same result. I just added up the wins in each div...

Make a Comment  |  All Comments (4)