The League

Behind the Helmet

Kellen Winslow Jr. Lets Loose

CLICK TO REACT Facebook

kellen_winslow_350.jpg

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Tight End Kellen Winslow Jr. discusses his love of McDonald's BBQ sauce, his ambition to become a techno music DJ after retiring and his tattoos, with Jim McCormick.

Blank

By Jim McCormick  |  September 17, 2009; 5:35 AM ET  | Category:  Kellen Winslow Jr. , Tampa Bay Buccaneers Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati
Previous: Jared Allen Shoots the Breeze | Next: What Kirk Morrison Tweets and Eats

Comments

Techno and BBQ what a combo

Posted by: Anonymous | September 17, 2009 5:07 PM

Oh.
I thought the link read: "Inmate Interviews With NFL Stars"...

Posted by: Nick | September 17, 2009 5:17 PM

Thanks Wash Post for wasting time w/ an on-field crybaby and off-field idiot. Good job.

Posted by: Swan | September 17, 2009 9:19 PM

This was funny. Sounds like a pretty cool guy.

Posted by: Josh | September 17, 2009 9:32 PM

What a stunning waist of time. You've got a bright guy with a real past and you want to talk about McDonalds, food & tats? This is the dumbest thing I have ever experienced...

Posted by: JWG | September 17, 2009 9:53 PM

Kellen Jr. rocks. I got him on my fantasy team

Posted by: Bertram | September 17, 2009 11:03 PM

Father was great. Of the son, perhaps what is best said is that in some cases the NUT does fall far from the tree.

Posted by: Anonymous | September 17, 2009 11:06 PM

Who cares what Winslow, Jr. thinks or says?

Posted by: Potomac | September 18, 2009 12:48 AM

Interesting character, who needs to talk more on the field.

Posted by: DC | September 18, 2009 3:38 AM

Great idea for a feature, interviewing players so we get to know them. Perhaps stick with Redskins though.

Despite it being a great idea, the interview here was terrible. I mean terrible. Ask questions, get insight, who gives a flip about a cereal he liked when he was a kid that is not on the market, or how many BBQ sauces he gets at McDonalds or the ratio. Maybe ask, what is your favorite fast food, let him answer and then move to next topic. 2:45 on sauce choice is a joke.

Again, great idea, terrible execution.

Posted by: Jim | September 18, 2009 6:15 AM

A racist stool sample.

Posted by: Anonymous | September 18, 2009 9:02 AM

I am beginning to think that online blogs attract the most hateful and bitter people in our society.

Posted by: Wow | September 18, 2009 9:28 AM

he's ok

Posted by: erc | September 18, 2009 9:32 AM

Nice drop at the end of the game. Maybe some of the BBQ sauce will make your hands sticky so you can CATCH THE BALL. Unlike his father, the son is not very good pro.

Posted by: Scott | September 18, 2009 9:40 AM

Remember when the NFL used to be about football and not an extension of People Magazine?

Posted by: ahlinton | September 18, 2009 12:54 PM

I'd take him over Cooley but i guess that a backhanded compliment. Better hands and better taste in music.

Posted by: KY9000 | September 18, 2009 12:55 PM

Does he talk about all his dropped passes? What an overhyped jackass this guy is. He should just stick to picking up girls in hotel bars and slinging back Zimas

Posted by: Doug | September 18, 2009 1:21 PM

Zimas. They still make those? Soldiers don't drink Zima. In all seriousness He is a Pro Bowler but I think his best days are behid him. Staf infection set him back and now he acts like he wants to cruise the rest of his career.

Posted by: Rent Due | September 18, 2009 1:32 PM

You're an idiot if you take Winslow over Cooley, which makes sense cause Winslow's an idiot too.

Posted by: Cavitals | September 18, 2009 2:28 PM

This guy is a spoiled punk and his father is a jerk. When Junior was injured on a motorcycle when riding one was in violation of his contract, Senior said "Hey folks give him a break he is only a 21 year old kid. When I turned 21, it was at Great Lakes Naval training center during the Viet Nam war. I was in boot camp and had I violated the terms of my contract I would have ended up in the brig. That's jail for you land lubbers. I am so sick of the sense of entitlement and special treatment for athletes. This is the kind of guy that would have gotten his buddies killed if he was in the military because he thinks only of himself. Scumbag!

Posted by: Anonymous | September 18, 2009 3:02 PM

@Cavitalis You're an idiot if you would take Cooley over Winslow!

Posted by: kstatle | September 19, 2009 2:44 PM

To the vietnam vet up there. Ummm calm down, nobody cares about your days at war. A lot of people do dumb stuff when they're 21. I'm just glad none of my stuff was all over the news. Give the guy a break, the motorcycle happened what, 4 YEARS ago! MOVE ON DUDE. jeeesh

Posted by: Jonah | September 19, 2009 3:39 PM

LOL!!! These comment re funny as hell
o(^_*)o