The League

Fantasy Check

Archive: September 6, 2009 - September 12, 2009

Fantasy Chat Overtime

Here are answers to some questions I was not able to get to during my weekly fantasy chat earlier today.

By Gene Wang | September 11, 2009; 5:00 PM ET | Comments (1)

Dispatches From Sin City

If you read my post the other day about two local fantasy players and their high-stakes auction draft, you'll remember I said I'd keep everyone updated regarding their $5,000 auction in Las Vegas in the World Championship of Fantasy Football.

By Gene Wang | September 11, 2009; 3:00 PM ET | Comments (1)

Fantasy Checkup

Dr. A. Brion Gardner and Mackie Shilstone break down this week's breakdowns from the NFL injury report

By Emil Steiner | September 11, 2009; 12:04 PM ET | Comments (0)

Fantasy Auction Gets Serious

In many respects, auction is the most equitable method for fantasy player acquisition.

By Gene Wang | September 9, 2009; 2:00 PM ET | Comments (1)

Week 1 Quarterback Projections

You may be a bit surprised to learn the same site ranks Aaron Rodgers as the No. 2 fantasy quarterback despite Green Bay opening the season against division rival Chicago, which traditionally has featured one of the best defenses in the league.

By Gene Wang | September 9, 2009; 10:00 AM ET | Comments (0)

Industry Is Healthy as Ever

In case you were wondering, fantasy football continues to gain players and mobility at a rapid pace.

By Gene Wang | September 9, 2009; 9:00 AM ET | Comments (0)

Playoff Chances Looking Good

I have an 86.25 percent chance of making the playoffs based on the average from four of the site's experts

By Gene Wang | September 8, 2009; 4:00 PM ET | Comments (1)

ADP Reveals Shift in Strategy

Mark the 2009 fantasy draft season as a watershed period in the industry.

By Gene Wang | September 8, 2009; 1:00 PM ET | Comments (0)

R. Moss Again

It was a day filled with fantasy talk and even a fantasy draft in my longest-tenured league, Old Salem, where I picked Randy Moss fifth overall.

By Gene Wang | September 8, 2009; 10:00 AM ET | Comments (1)

What to Do With the Fifth Pick

Basically it comes down to if I trust DeAngelo Williams or Steven Jackson or LaDainian Tomlinson to be great.

By Gene Wang | September 7, 2009; 9:00 AM ET | Comments (0)