1. Lions--Matthew Stafford, QB, Georgia... If you don't have a franchise QB, you have to get one.
2. Rams--Jason Smith, T, Baylor... Curry or even Sanchez could be in play here.
3. Chiefs--Aaron Curry, LB, Wake Forest... A defensive anchor to rebuild around.
4. Seahawks--Mark Sanchez, QB, USC... Matt Hasselbeck won't play forever, as last season underscored.
5. Browns--Michael Crabtree, WR, Texas Tech... The foot injury doesn't affect his draft status.
6. Bengals--Eugene Monroe, T, Virginia... They must have o-line help.
7. Raiders--B.J. Raji, DT, Boston College... A DT who can make a difference.
8. Jaguars--Robert Ayers, DE, Tennessee... His stock has been soaring lately.
9. Packers--Brian Orakpo, DE/LB, Texas... A pure pass rusher as the Packers go to a 3-4 defense.
10. 49ers--Jeremy Maclin, WR, Missouri... The second WR goes off the board early.
11. Bills--Andre Smith, T, Alabama... They must replace Jason Peters.
12. Broncos--Tyson Jackson, DE, LSU... The defense needs help.
13. Redskins--Aaron Maybin, DE/LB, Penn State... The Redskins get a pass rusher, with Jason Taylor gone.
14. Saints--Beanie Wells, RB, Ohio State... The Saints need a workhorse runner.
15. Texans--Everette Brown, DE/LB, Florida State... Some pass-rush help is needed.
16. Chargers--Malcolm Jenkins, CB/S, Ohio State... Is he a corner or a safety? No one seems certain, but he can play.
17. Jets--Josh Freeman, QB, Kansas State... Everyone in the league, it seems, thinks the Jets will go QB.
18. Broncos--Brian Cushing, LB, USC... The defense, as we said, needs help.
19. Buccaneers--Clay Matthews, LB, USC... A position of need, with Derrick Brooks gone.
20. Lions--Michael Oher, T, Mississippi... Someone to protect that just-added franchise QB.
21. Eagles--Knowshon Moreno, RB, Georgia... Some backfield help for Brian Westbrook.
22. Vikings--Peria Jerry, DT, Mississippi... The Williamses still have those suspensions pending.
23. Patriots--Vontae Davis, CB, Illinois... A tough call and Davis's stock seems to be dropping, but the Pats still appear needy at CB. Free agent addition Shawn Springs can't be counted on to play a full season.
24. Falcons--Brandon Pettigrew, TE, Oklahoma State... The one TE in the draft who's first round-worthy.
25. Dolphins--Percy Harvin, WR, Florida... Is he a difference-maker, or is he a player who will be lost without a position?
26. Ravens--Darrius Heyward-Bey, WR, Maryland... The Ravens get a potential big-play receiver to aid Joe Flacco's development.
27. Colts--Rey Maualuga, LB, USC... A LB to help against the run. Bob Sanders can't make all the tackles.
28. Bills--Larry English, DE/LB, Northern Illinois... Buffalo gets some pass-rush help.
29. Giants--Kenny Britt, WR, Rutgers... The Giants need to go receiver unless they trade for Braylon Edwards or Anquan Boldin.
30. Titans--Ziggy Hood, DT, Missouri... The middle of the d-line gets restocked after the departure of Albert Haynesworth.
31. Cardinals--Hakeem Nicks, WR, North Carolina... The Cards go receiver here, assuming they trade Boldin. Otherwise, they could opt for a LB.
32. Steelers--Eben Britton, T, Arizona... The champs add someone to help keep Ben Roethlisberger from taking so many hits.
Just Missed: James Laurinaitis, LB, Ohio State; Darius Butler, CB, Connecticut; Alphonso Smith, CB, Wake Forest; Donald Brown, RB, Connecticut; Max Unger, OL, Oregon; Eric Wood, C, Louisville; Alex Mack, C, Cal
Please email us to report offensive comments.
Posted by: RobInVaBeach | April 23, 2009 3:53 PM
Posted by: jorebstock | April 22, 2009 12:54 PM
Posted by: ozpunk | April 22, 2009 12:02 PM
The comments to this entry are closed.