The League

NFL News Feed

Vick Out of Prison

UPDATED (1:28 p.m.)...

Michael Vick has left federal prison in Leavenworth, Kan., to complete his 23-month sentence in home confinement in Virginia.

According to multiple reports, Vick left the prison early this morning without speaking to reporters.

He is to travel to Hampton, Va., for his home confinement for the final two months of his sentence for his role in a dogfighting operation in Virginia.

Vick is to work a construction job while he awaits word from the NFL about whether he will be reinstated for the upcoming season. He remains on indefinite suspension by the league, pending a decision by NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell about his playing status.

Goodell reiterated Tuesday at a meeting of the NFL's franchise owners in Ft. Lauderdale, Fla., that he won't address the matter until the legal process is completed. Goodell has said that Vick would have to demonstrate genuine remorse to be reinstated.

"Michael is going to have to demonstrate to myself and to the general public and to a lot of people: Did he learn anything from this experience? Does he regret what happened? Does he feel that he can be a positive influence going forward?" Goodell said Tuesday. "Those are the questions that I would like to see [answered] when I sit with him."

Goodell indicated that he would accept input from others about the situation. Former NFL coach Tony Dungy recently met with Vick in prison. Goodell said Tuesday that he'd traded phone messages with Dungy but hadn't spoken to the retired coach about his meeting with Vick.

"I haven't sat down and determined the process [but] I've never been one to shy away from input and facts that can be helpful in making an ultimate judgment," Goodell said. "It's always difficult to make judgments about people and where they are. If others can provide some helpful information, I welcome it."

According to the Associated Press, Vick was accompanied today by his fiancee and members of a security team and was making a 19-hour drive to Virginia, where he's scheduled to report to a probation officer Friday in Norfolk.

Vick, once among the NFL's most dynamic players, remains under contract to the Atlanta Falcons but the team's owner, Arthur Blank, has indicated that it doesn't want Vick back. The club reached the playoffs last season with a standout rookie, Matt Ryan, playing Vick's old position at quarterback.

As the owners' meeting concluded today, Blank said: "There's no question Michael has paid his debt to society, obviously. But beyond that, the commissioner has to decide whether or not Michael, based on his view, has not only the personal remorse but has conducted himself, not only personally but in who's he associating with, in a way that is going to allow him to be a player in the NFL and represent our league well. That's the decision that the commissioner will make.

"... I believe in second chances. I believe in redemption. But the commissioner needs to satisfy himself that Michael has not only gone through his own journey but he's prepared to make other decisions than he's made in the past, both personally and in who he associates himself with. [That's] a very big part of that. He's, from what I've read, committed to getting his life back in order, his family and his own personal life and at the same time looking to the future in the National Football League. That was pretty clear going through [Vick's] bankruptcy proceedings."

The Falcons announced earlier in the offseason that they would attempt to trade Vick. No trade has been completed, leading some in the league to assume that the Falcons will release Vick at some point.

"Obviously we have his contractual rights," Blank said. "We own those rights. We've made it clear that Michael is not going to play for us again, as you know.... We'll deal with it at the time that we think is correct."

Blank declined to say whether the Falcons would allow Vick, if they haven't released him, to play in the upstart United Football League.

"My guess is that if the commissioner lifts his suspension in the National Football League and a club or clubs have an interest in him, he would prefer to play in the National Football League as opposed to the UFL," Blank said. "I don't know that, but I suppose that."

The question is whether any NFL team will want Vick.

"I think an owner would have to go through the same process that the commissioner would and satisfy himself or herself that Michael is--it's goes beyond paying the price because clearly he's done that," Blank said. It's "whether or not he's a different person than he was back in December of 2006, the last time he played a game in the NFL, and whether or not he's surrounding himself in an environment that's going to allow him to be a productive person and a productive player and a productive team member in the league."

Houston Texans owner Robert McNair said today: "I think it's no different than considering anyone else you have to look at. You have to look at the impact on the team, how he's received by his teammates, how he's received by the fans. You have to make your own judgment if it was some reformation [required], if that reformation has occurred and the mistakes won't be repeated. I think you'd want to be very careful about it, not just this situation but any number of situations. The last thing you want to do is offend your fans. Without them, we have nothing."

McNair said the questions about Vick's future are part of a larger issue about the ability of former prisoners to reenter society.

"You have to try to figure out a way for them to reenter," McNair said. "The question is, at what level do they reenter and what their responsibilities are... It's a difficult question for all of us to answer in society. People come out of prison and they need a job.... I wish him well. I hope things work out well for him."

Dungy was quoted after his meeting with Vick as saying that Vick simply wants another chance. Colts owner Jim Irsay said today that his former coach's opinion about Vick perhaps could persuade others within the league.

"To convince Tony Dungy of sincerity is significant," Irsay said. "Tony is not a pushover. He has certain expectations."

Blank said he trusts Goodell to make the right decision about Vick's suspension.

"Roger is a very good listener," Blank said. "He also is a good decision-maker.... Roger is very insightful, in my opinion. He'll spend time with Michael and draw his own personal conclusion on where he is on his journey and decide at that point if he feels the suspension should be lifted or not."

Blank said he traded letters with Vick while Vick was imprisoned, and added: "I've indicated that I would do anything that I could do on a personal level that would be constructive and productive for Michael, and that still hasn't changed."

The Falcons owner acknowledged that in the view of many observers, there's little to nothing that Vick can do now to redeem himself.

"Everybody has their views on that, and I respect that," Blank said. "That's for other people to debate."

Blank added: "It goes beyond has he paid his debt to society because from a legal standpoint and financially and personally, he has. Whether or not Michael [has] remorse... it goes beyond words. It goes to how he's going to live, how he's going to live personally and how he's going to live in community with others. Clearly, based on what happened over a number of years, a lot of the issues were related to acts that he has to take responsibility for--and he has, I think, personally--but also what contributed a great deal to that was the people that Michael spent time with and the influence they had on him.

"I think his ability to separate those people that can be helpful and productive and have them in his life versus ones that really have another agenda, their own agenda and not his, I think that's going to be very critical for Michael now.... There's the expression you are what you eat. To some extent, you are who you hang with, too, and that does have an effect on lives, for all of us."

Goodell was asked today about the issue and said: "I think I've answered this question. I don't know what else I can add. Once he's concluded that, I will meet with him and I will make a judgment based on what he tells me and what I'm able to determine from speaking to others and my own background check on this, and make a determination at the right time."

By Mark Maske  |  May 20, 2009; 9:29 AM ET  | Category:  Crime , Falcons , League Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati
Previous: Carson, Laird Address Owners | Next: No Vote on Tampering Rule

Comments

What is particularly galling and annoying are spectaularly uninsightful people who don't take the Caps Lock off before typing.... arrabbiato you should be put in a dog fighting ring and chewed on until you learn to type without caps!!!

Posted by: coachbball | May 21, 2009 5:30 PM

Lot of folks her got their priorities wrong.

Bush, Cheney and all the criminals of the previous government authorized the torture and killing of HUMANS. Some guilty, maybe, some innocent, maybe.

Here we talking about the issue of being "cruel to a frigging animal". Sarah Palin shoots moose out of a helicopter, all the gun loving idiots out there shoot deer, which can not shoot back.

But that's all o.k. All done by white folks....so it must be right.

Give me a frigging break here. Just because some right wing and left wing idiots that put animals over humans are in an outrage over killing a frigging animal?

You have to get back to the basics. I do not particularly like Michael Vick. But he paid his dues. Now he is getting out and nobody can deny him the right to work in his profession. If there is a team that is willing to sign him, all the better.

To all of you animal lovers out there that don't care about any human in need for help, go about your miserable life. But stay out of the real world issues.

Posted by: mackiejw | May 21, 2009 2:33 AM

Okay lets me get this right, we have a senseless war going on soldiers getting killed for no reason, Husbands killing wifes,wifes killing husband, kids killing parents,parents killing kids, priest molesting little boys,people like Madoff and Stanford ripping people off of their life savings. And some of want to use this platform to ride Vick he paid his debt a lot more than I can say for some of these others all you people praying he doesn't get back in the NFL need to channel your energy somewhere else. But I am sure the ones that are riding MIKE VICK have never been given a second chance if some of you are for animal rights some much lay off the steak , chicken, fish and any other once breathing animal losers get a life I lived in Richmond and I saw a bunch of losers taking time off of work to go protest MIKE VICK but none of them did that when a gay person was murdered or a whole family including kids was shot and killed or when some idiot kids go into a school and shot their classmates or some parent kills their kid. If you don't think he should play again get a life since all of you are perfect

Posted by: shajor77 | May 20, 2009 10:14 PM

hey you judges, make sure you have your priorities in-line. also go after the people abusers and killers; not just the
MV's of the world. I know we're not supposed to forgive, I know people should never get a second chance; not with we 'gods' we've got everything in check and MV is first in line!!!

Posted by: aypub | May 20, 2009 9:40 PM

Talk Talk Talk. Maybe Vick will play again. But he'll be let go after a short while as it finally sinks in to team owners that most fans won't come to watch him anymore. He will end up quickly forgotten. His 'advisers' (spell that 'hangers-on') will have to find a new not so smart athlete to exploit. Life goes on.

Posted by: mosthind | May 20, 2009 7:48 PM

arrabbiato-

you poor dummy

Posted by: kase | May 20, 2009 7:41 PM

This slob should be banned and then his fans nutered.

Posted by: kase | May 20, 2009 7:35 PM

WE LOVE YOU MICHAEL VICK-AND WE BELIEVE IN YOU! DON'T LISTEN TO THE DUMB A$$ES ON THIS BOARD, WHO MAKE YOU OUT TO BE SOME SORT OF SERIAL MURDERER-THAT MAKES ME LAUGH!
AND WHAT IS PARTICULARLY GALLING AND ANNOYING ARE THESE SPECTACULARLY UNINSIGHTFUL AND SCREAMINGLY HYPOCRITICAL SPORTS WRITERS DELIVERING THEIR OH SO SANCTIMONIOUS JUDGMENTS ABOUT THE "END OF MICHAEL VICK" FROM THEIR PERILOUSLY HIGH PERCHES!
HA HA HA! VICK IS GONNA SHOW ALL OF YOU A-HOLES-AND HE WILL BE A BETTER PLAYER THAN BEFORE-AND AS FOR THE TERRORIST ANIMAL ACTIVISTS-IT'S ABOUT TIME YOU GOT PUT IN A DOG-FIGHTING RING AND LET THE PIT BULLS CHEW ON YOU FOR A WHILE, HUH? HOW ABOUT IT?

Posted by: arrabbiato | May 20, 2009 4:00 PM

Who cares! I'm so bored of this story...Let me tell you how the story will go.

1. He gets reinstated
2. He gets on some team
3. He'll give some of his salary to a charity and try to be a good guy.
4. He'll start to win some games.
5. Everybody will say how much of a model citizen he is now.
6. Everybody will forget.

End of story. People are lemmings.

Posted by: jimmydeanroundsausages | May 20, 2009 2:46 PM

I have said what I have said.
Take it as you will.

Posted by: saveoursouls | May 20, 2009 2:44 PM

saveoursouls

Wow you are a lost cause, I hope you arent smoking that rock because that is not the way to salvation my friend. Learn to understand what you read. Read to just to day you read something does not mean anything if you dont understand what the meaning of the writing was? I think I am just confusing you even more....

Posted by: rizaman | May 20, 2009 2:40 PM

To thensell:

How little you know about me,
where I am, and what I can or am doing in the meantime.

Yet you feel you are able to tell what I have been doing, and to even suggest another course.

Perhaps this is the adminstration to which I was assigned to today. Can you say that this was not my appointment?

What are you doing?

Posted by: saveoursouls | May 20, 2009 2:38 PM

To saveoursouls
Son, you are a lost cause. Maybe it's time for you to go outside and see what a beautiful day it is, because you've obvisouly been waiting here all day to write back to those posters you feel need your help. Get off of the internet and go back to work or whatever it was you did before the internet was invented. I am.

Posted by: thensell | May 20, 2009 2:28 PM

Dear rizaman:

I can neither save myself or you,
but I know who the Rock of Salvation is.

Posted by: saveoursouls | May 20, 2009 2:26 PM

saveoursouls

You need to save yourself from yourself first before preaching to others, just a word of advice for you....

Posted by: rizaman | May 20, 2009 2:24 PM

To thensell:

Life is a privilege: Be cafeful how you treat it, and others in it.

PS: Medical attention is not all it is made out to be; I am in the medical profession.

Posted by: saveoursouls | May 20, 2009 2:18 PM

From rizaman
"Get things into perspective people, we cant just single out one person, maybe we should all look at ourselves in the mirror first."
________________________
My point in a nutshell.

Posted by: saveoursouls | May 20, 2009 2:16 PM

To Saveoursouls

I agreee with the other posters here. You really do need to seek phsyciatric help. You are so far out of touch it's comical. It IS A PRIVILAGE to play in the NFL. Ask any one of the thousands of college football players who don't make it every year. What I said was the FANS of the NFL need to step and say in one voice that the criminals will not be tolerated.

No more drunken wide receivers handling guns in restuarants. No more drunk driving quarterbacks. No more wife beaters or babysitter molestors. If you read more into that than what I've written, please look in your local yellow pages (they're on-line now too) and seek the attention you so desparately need

Posted by: thensell | May 20, 2009 2:15 PM

saveoursouls

One of the things I stated, I believe it is not in our right to judge and cast blame on others. Are you the judge of men????

what I stated is that killing is wrong no matter what, so you pointing to what I say makes no sense..... What are you trying to prove???? Who are you trying to prove to??? Does what you say to me even make any sense?????? DO you know how to read and understand what you read is probably the most important issue.....Reading something and then taking an exert which is not even right in the first place and twisting it to make your own point does not make sense?? Are you sure you even read my ENTIRE posting?? I hope you dont work for a church.........

Posted by: rizaman | May 20, 2009 2:12 PM

If you cant even understand what I wrote I am scared about you spreading the word, LOL are you sure you understand what you are reading???
_______________________________________
Regarding your fear of me:

... And I say unto you my friends, Be not afraid of them that kill the body,
and after that have no more that they can do.
But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear him, which after he hath killed hath power to cast into hell; yea, I say unto you, Fear him. Luke 12:4-5

Posted by: saveoursouls | May 20, 2009 1:50 PM

saveoursouls

Posted by: rizaman | May 20, 2009 1:42 PM

Whats all this talk about putting people or animals to death??? Man what I see is that people do NOT know how to read they only take out a small piece of what I wrote and twist it to something they want to prove... LOL is this really proving your point???

READ MY WHOLE POSTING BEFORE REPLYING TO ME, PLEASE.......

saveoursouls?????????

Posted by: rizaman | May 20, 2009 1:40 PM

In this world there will always be judgement, division, hatred, unrighteousness, unforgiveness, and inequality.

Our challenge is to rise above the negative variants, and become contributors to the good of all mankind.

About 67% of the people will be able to rise to this challenge; 33% will never be able rise above the mire of their own contempt.

Posted by: saveoursouls | May 20, 2009 1:37 PM

Mike Vick is putting all of his friends and supporters in a position to defend his horrific behavior. Nobody on this tread condones his actions but so many are left with defending them, left with making excuses for him, justifying his actions even making it racial. This will truly be his life time project not ours. Playing in the NFL will do little to rehabilitate his image; it does more to divide as evidenced today than heal. It will take time for many to forgive and forget – he must know this.

Posted by: jrfllink | May 20, 2009 1:33 PM

Posted by noslok |
If I kill some dogs can I be forced to live in a multi-million dollar mansion too?
____________________________________
...envy the rottenness of the bones. Proverbs 14:30

to rizaman | regarding being put to death:
__________________________________________
For as a man "thinketh in his heart, so is he...Proverbs 23:7

Posted by: saveoursouls | May 20, 2009 1:31 PM

saveoursouls

I think you need to go back and re-read the old testament.

Posted by: gibbstm | May 20, 2009 1:30 PM

Posted by: noslok | May 20, 2009 1:21 PM

I never said to dispose of anyone or anything, I suggest you read what I say before writing something that has nothing with what I stated. If you can tell an animal from a human than I dont know what else to say....

Posted by: rizaman | May 20, 2009 1:21 PM

To gibbstm who has no compassion (in your own words),
and to spudfish, who actually mentions "being put to death for dogfighting,"

You have your rewards; Enjoy.

Posted by: saveoursouls | May 20, 2009 1:20 PM

Rizaman "Animals are not the same as human’s period and if you think they are then I suggest getting professional help"

Yeah I'm pretty sure you are right about this. After all I wouldn't call the thughs in my neighborhood human. So does that mean with your logic that we can dispose of them the way Vick disposed of his dogs?

Posted by: gibbstm | May 20, 2009 1:15 PM

saverofsouls - Look who's casting the first stone...As I said in my previous post, you have no right to judge anyone here as you are not god. To that end, mostly everyone here is not saying the man should be put to death for his crime, just that he should not be given the chance to be in the NFL.

Posted by: spudfish | May 20, 2009 1:14 PM

Mike Vick went to prison because he was a very successful African American athlete who made lots of money. If Mike V. was white, he would not have spent a night in prison. Instead, he would have been fined, possibly required to complete hours of community service, placed on probation and allowed to continue playing in the NFL.

Mike V. has done far less than others have done but he served time in prison. Bush #43 and Cheney lied about their being " weapons of mass destruction" to justify invading Iraq, where thousands of human lives have been killed. Bush#43 is enjoying his retirement in Texas and Cheney is continuing to spread more lies as a guest on various talk shows. Human beings have been tortured in accordance with the orders of those in the Bush #43 administration. However, only a few of these individuals, which consists of white males and females, have been charged/convicted for these crime and required to serve time in prison.

Is the life of an animal (dog) more valuable than a human life ? If the answer is yes, hunting should be outlawed and it should be illegal to eat meat. Everyone in America should then be veterinarians.

Even though I beleive Mike V. was wrong to mistreat the dogs, the charges and sentence he received was much too severe. Despite this unfairness, Mike V. has served his time and he should now be able to return to play in the NFL. Further, he should be paid a salary amount similar to that he was receiving prior to his criminal case.

America has made progress in that Barack Obama was elected as the first African American president, although some do not consider Obama to be completely African American but bi-racial since his mother was white and his father was a black African. There has been evidence of progress pertaining to race relationships in this country but we still have a way to go. Mike V's case clearly demonstrates that racism is still alive in America !

Posted by: LSMaryland | May 20, 2009 1:13 PM

The amount of hate towards Vick is crazy, the man did his time and lost his fortunes, I think he did pay his dues. He does have to prove that he is sorry for what he did and I am sure after losing everything he has second thoughts about what he did, I think anyone would after being in a jail cell. For all of those so called pet lovers calling for his head that is just insane, I doubt that their dogs are on a vegetarian diet, these are the same people who eat steaks while cursing Vick. Animals are not the same as human’s period and if you think they are then I suggest getting professional help. What he did was wrong but people act as if he murdered someone. We treat animals horribly every single day, just because dogs are pets they get differential treatment versus a cow, chicken, lamb?? People buy cars with leather seats, people buy leather purses and belts, etc, what do you think happened to those animals?? I see a lot women with designer handbags made of leather, even ones that hold tiny dogs in them. What were they given a good death or something?? Get things into perspective people, we cant just single out one person, maybe we should all look at ourselves in the mirror first. I doubt no one in here has never ever hurt an animal even though it may be indirectly. I don’t see protests like the ones against Vick at the local butchers shops?? Why is that? Don’t get me wrong Vick need some help to get over his issues but the man paid his dues, get it into perspective

Posted by: rizaman | May 20, 2009 1:10 PM

I would have pardoned him. All this stupid show and insistence about "showing remorse blah blah blah" is just a juvenile need to lord over someone and a complete waste of time. Who are you to say if someone is genuine in his apology? It's all complete BS. You people act like he shot up a school.

Posted by: wangbang747 | May 20, 2009 1:08 PM

When this story was news a few years ago I was stunned that so many people were outraged. The reason I say this is because in the news daily there are reports people abusing their partners, spouses and childern and we just turn the other way. I am an animal lover and feel what was done was not right but to go to prision and others that abuse childern and spouses are getting a slap on the wrist. We have to wait for the worse to happen where a child or spouse is killed before anything happens and still you don't see the uproar like you did with this case. Why do we continue to put animal rights before human rights in the country. It makes not sense to me.
_____________________________________

This is the voice of reason.

Posted by: saveoursouls | May 20, 2009 1:08 PM

vbmalone002

I agree with you to a point. However Vick and people like him who do this will generally move on to people once they get a taste for what they have done. Look at the history of serial killers and abusers and many of them have admitted or have been linked to animal abuse.

Posted by: gibbstm | May 20, 2009 1:07 PM

To you all:

The point, once again is this, only God and Michael Vick know if he has truly repented. That is not up to anyone of you to determine or judge.

It is up to you to determine if you hold your ownselves up to the standards to which you are trying to bind this man.

The important thing is not the NFL, or Michael Vick, the important thing is to for each of us to take a look at ourselves, and our judgment of others.

Is there anyone among us who is without sin, and can cast the first stone?

I pray for our soldiers in the war, and indeed for suffering mankind all over this miserable world, and by the way, the draft is over and all of oyr soldiers for the most part have volunteered.

The fact that many of you are outraged because you have been faced with a reality check, in what has been stated here, is no surprise.

The surprise and blessing would be if it made any difference in the hearts and lives of any one of you, who would have otherwise continued down the path of self-destruction; while all the time your mission was to destroy someone else.

If you cannot give another man a chance at life, then your chances in life will also be removed.

Posted by: saveoursouls | May 20, 2009 1:06 PM

Saveoursouls...do yourself a favor get on some meds and seek medical attention.

I have more compassion for animals then I do most people. Animals do not kill there own unless it is over territory or food. Unlike humans who kill for sport, fun, etc.

I have no compassion for people like Vick. I have no compassion for mothers who drown thier children, fathers who beat their kids to death or beat their girlfriends kids to death, gang bangers who shoot each other over durgs, women, etc, those who kill in the name of God,Allah, etc.

I have no compassion for anyone who would electrocute a dog, crush the skull of a cat, or put a baby in a microwave, clothes dryer or dishwasher.

Posted by: gibbstm | May 20, 2009 1:03 PM

To saveoursoul

Mike Vick will be the face of the team, the focus like it or not. It is simple Marketing 101. From the moment he is signed by a team he will be the story as though no one else is on the team, everyone else will be over shadowed. Teams sometimes buy good pub and sometimes bad pub, but seldom intentionally.
The team that signs him will be accepting Mike Vick's baggage as an individual.
Whether this is fair or not, who cares it is just reality. Mike Vick will never win a popularity contest, never. He earned what people will say about him, no different than any of us.
It will take some period of time (maybe years or never) to rehabilitate the image of Mike Vick, if it can be done. It is the consequence of his actions. It is not over just by doing his time, that was the legal issue. It is over if he choose to stay private, fad into oblivion, but if he makes the choice to subject himself to public life, he is taking everyone with him, his friends, his team, his teammates and supportors.
His choice to come back to the NFL is all about him and his lack of understanding of the hurt he will cause himself and all around him - just to play football.

ory and the only story of any team that signs him. The quarterback is the face

Posted by: jrfllink | May 20, 2009 1:03 PM

When this story was news a few years ago I was stunned that so many people were outraged. The reason I say this is because in the news daily there are reports people abusing their partners, spouses and childern and we just turn the other way. I am an animal lover and feel what was done was not right but to go to prision and others that abuse childern and spouses are getting a slap on the wrist. We have to wait for the worse to happen where a child or spouse is killed before anything happens and still you don't see the uproar like you did with this case. Why do we continue to put animal rights before human rights in the country. It makes no sense to me.

Posted by: vbmalone002 | May 20, 2009 1:02 PM

SPECIAL_ONE40 - It's only racial because you make it racial. All kinds of people are arrested and jailed for this crime every day. Black, white, purple, green, who cares what color you are, the only reason Vick is profiled is because he was supposed to be a role model for children and he was a sports celebrity.

The fact of the matter is Vick broke the law. People who break the law, go to jail.

As for his "job" in the NFL, I believe that he should not be reinstated as he abused his celebrity. This is my own personal belief, the NFL can do with him what they will. It is not my choice to make. Just like any other company, the owner (in this case the commish) is the only one who can determine if he will be eligible to once again be a member of his "team."

saverofsouls - If you are really a god-fearing person, why would you insult other people for their views/beliefs? You have done nothing in your posts except insult other commenters. You do not know these people, so you have no right to judge them. To reiterate one of your own beliefs, only god has the right to judge.

Posted by: spudfish | May 20, 2009 1:01 PM

Posted by: vbmalone002 | May 20, 2009 1:00 PM

Amen to Swanieaz!!! I have read all of the comments and think that most of you think what he did is okay. Well since they are only dogs! Right? That kind of mind set is what caused this to begin with, that and a twisted man who thought that he was untouchable. He wants back in the NFL, hell no. He should have thought about that before he did what he did, all his actions have come full circle and now he is whining and wanting to be in the NFL. NFL stands for NOT FOR LOSERS, that is what Vic is. I hope that he never plays football again. I have done Pit Rescue for 22 years and have seen the devastation and long suffering that fighting them causes. You know a lot of you are making this a color thing, it has nothing to do with his color, as far as I am concerned he is YELLOW. He was on top, then when he got caught he blamed everybody else but himself for it, if he thought that it was so cool, then why didn't he man up and own his mistakes? All of the dogs that he allowed to be injured and die suffered now, IT IS HIS TURN. I HOPE HE ENDS UP UNDER A BRIDGE SOMEWHERE SUFFERING FOREVER!!!!!

Posted by: noblepits | May 20, 2009 1:00 PM

I THINK ABOUT SOME OF THE COMMENT ABOUT MICHEAL VICK IS BAD BECAUSE OF DOG FIGHTING NOT TOO SAY ITS WRONG BUT THIS BIN
GOING ON WAY BEFOR MICHEAL VICK AND THEY JUST MADE HIM A SCAPE GOAT I BELIVE EVEYBODY DESERVES ANOTHER CHANCE SOMETIMES 3 CHANCES AND FOR SOMEBODY TO COMMENT THAT DO'NT GIVE HIM A JOB BECAUSE OF DOGFIGHTING THATS CRAZY I DO THINK THE NFL SHOULD GIVE HIM ANOTHER CHANCE AND IF IT WAS A WHITE PERSON THEY WOULD

Posted by: relisahms | May 20, 2009 12:59 PM

To saveoursouls,

They choose to play NFL football. Just exactly what is your point or do you have one. Have you seen the condition our soldiers are in when they return home? I'm confident I don't need to post the gory details as you are already so enlightened.

Posted by: LuckyDog2 | May 20, 2009 12:57 PM

Saveoursouls are you serious? Look at Vick objectively? Maybe I should look at the people who abuse women and children objectively too. Until you work in the Criminal Justice System and the social service field I do not want to hear your babble. The problem with American's is that they cannot accept the truth and they can't accept when a it happens to someone that is idolized.

Those of you that continue to play the race card are part of the problem. Maybe its the reason that there is so much turmoil in urban cities because there is no sanctity or respect for human or animal life.

I've worked with pit bulls that have been rescued and they are very affectionate and just want someone to love them. I don't care if I get flagged for this comment but it needs to be said. You race baiters and race card perpetuate your own misery. And to be honest the white trash in America are equally as bad.

Posted by: gibbstm | May 20, 2009 12:57 PM

To gibbstm:

To someone so angry and content with the suffering of others, there is a term that fits your description: Wolf in sheep's clothing.

We know who you are, and are not ignorant of your devices. The Lord rebuke you Satan.

Posted by: saveoursouls | May 20, 2009 12:54 PM

To: SaveOurSouls

Don't preach to me. I work with this crap everyday. And as fare as my judgement I have left that in Christ's and God's hands. I certainly do not need some two bit preching hack to determine my place in heaven. I am perfectly content with that people like Vick have a special place reserved for them.

Posted by: gibbstm | May 20, 2009 12:50 PM

Posted by: conchfc: "Let me ask all you Vick supporters one question...would you let a man who is so violent and full of hate alone with one of your children? Dogs are about the same level as a 4 year-old human. Yes, he did his time. You want him as a role model in the NFL? Why don't you hire him as a babysitter, hmmnnn?"

WHAT THE F...K ARE U TALKING ABOUT. IT WAS DOGS, NOT HUMANS AND VICK HAS NO PRIORS TO DESERVER BEING DESCRIBED THAT WAY. It's obvious most of you don't even watch football or even enjoy the game. Some of you don't think he should play, but at least you express the reason as team image and game attendance, etc. These are good reasons why teams should not pick up vick. If I were a team owner, those would be my concerns. But I also know that people who watch and go to football games do so cause they like the sport and they love seeing good players play. And let's admit it now!! VICK IS DA SHIZZNIT!! He's no average player, the falcons attendance was mainly due to VICK. SO MAKE NO MISTAKE ABOUT IT, VICK WILL PLAY AND HE WILL SUCCEED and you haters will just have to suck it up!

Posted by: j3161usa | May 20, 2009 12:43 PM

To gibbstm:

Thank God it is not up to you to judge who has paid their debt or not.

It will be interesting to see what price you will have to pay for your unforgiving soul.

Posted by: saveoursouls | May 20, 2009 12:42 PM

We have an African American family in the White House so it’s hard to believe its all "a racial thing."

Part of the reason this is such an issue is because he is an athlete and people, especially kids, look up to this guy. If you want your kids to grow up thinking its okay to get away with torture etc as long as you’re good at sports then God help them.

Another reason why this is a huge deal is because many of us own animals. I have two pit bulls and can prove how loving and faithful they are. Unfortunately some people think of them as a sort of status symbol or accessory and this is exactly why this breed has a bad name. Either way- animals, especially dogs, can equate to babies as far as the amount of care, time, and attention needed for them and anybody who is sadistic enough to take advantage of that the way Vick did then they deserve all he has coming to him.

Posted by: RunSmittyrun | May 20, 2009 12:41 PM

To jrfllink:

Do you have a team?
If you do, then it is your right to choose who is the "face" of your team.
I personally have not seen a team where there was one "face."

Besides, this is America, and we know that sensationalism sells. There will be hecklers that will pay their last dollar to taunt, jeer and curse at Vick from the stands; yet they will have PAID; and the dollar is the bottom line for most people.

The new ploy now is to say that people who are scorning Vick are somehow making him a role model.
I say that he should be looked at objectively, like all human beings, that choices are the most important thing we have been granted in life,
and we have all made bad ones
(just like I heard a mother tell her child about Michael Phelps, and just like you have probably rationalized about Roger Clemens)
how that it is important to make the right choices. However, this takes growth and personal maturity, and it is obvious from these posts that few people will ever achieve either.

Posted by: saveoursouls | May 20, 2009 12:39 PM

I've read the majority of the comments on this board and I am just blown away. I love those of you who play the race card. I have some news for you; the majority of people involved in dog fighting in are minorities. That's just the facts.

Vick commmitted a horrible crime. He is cocky and tried to lie his way out of his involvement. Not only did he fight dogs but he electrocuted, drowned and body slammed them as well. What kind of human being does this?

What bugs me is that there seems to be people on here that don't understand that this behavior is a precursor to much more violent behavior that is generally directed towards people. A majority of animal abusers are men, it gives them a sense of power and control. Given this information it is easy to see why these so called "men" abuse women and children.

To the individual who said "they are only dogs", do what Vick did to my dog and I'll be glad to send you to your maker.

Did Vick pay a debt to society? Not really. He can never bring back the dogs he killed. And had he not been caught he'd still be doing it today. Vick will say what he needs to get back into the NFL. I see he is going to work on a construction site; maybe he will have a run in with a 220 line. Karma has funny way of rearing its head when you least expect it.

Posted by: gibbstm | May 20, 2009 12:36 PM

I'm REALLY glad to see that Michael Vick is out of jail. This man is a good person. He's not a thug-look at his face, take a GOOD look at his face, like I do, like I always do-his face is not deceptive or evil. WE WANT TO SEE MICHAEL VICK BACK IN THE NFL, DOING WHAT HE DOES BEST-PLAYING FOOTBALL-HE DESERVES IT-HE DID HIS TIME.

AND XCONSERVATIVE-METHINKS YOU ARE THE ANIMAL WHO BELONGS BEHIND BARS-YOU FREAK!

Posted by: arrabbiato | May 20, 2009 12:34 PM

It is America - Vick has did the time, Vick will be allowed to sign with an NFL team if one decides it is in thier interest and our American option will be to boycott that team. Vick reinstatement to the NFL will happen, he has a legal right. Whether any team is willing to accept the liability of signing him is another question. The boycott and push back will be great, and any team that may consider signing him is taking on a big issue and with limited reward. As a business person I do not see the upside only the disruption in my program, the protesters at home and every away game. Do I want Mike Vick as the face of my team? No, I do not think so.

Posted by: jrfllink | May 20, 2009 12:28 PM

People who compare dogs to their children, also have monkeys as uncles.

Posted by: saveoursouls | May 20, 2009 12:27 PM

Posted by: conchfc | May 20, 2009 12:25 PM

To LuckyDog2:

I have seen NFL players after they have had their sometimes small careers in the NFL. I have seen some the mangled fingers, arthritic joints, and premature cardiovascular ailments and comorbidities.
I have personally known fomer NFL players, and know of one in particular in my family now, who just suffered a heart attack.

Perhaps you have knowledge only of what you see on the field during the games.

Perhaps you should research what happens when the game is over.

Posted by: saveoursouls | May 20, 2009 12:19 PM

This could only happen to Brother. Because of dogs fighting, this man is placed in prison.

I think that he should have been heavily fined and set to perform community service and even suffer a little football downtime by way of a suspension, but jail. We are talking about DOGS!

It's all racial....

Posted by: Special_One40 | May 20, 2009 12:15 PM

Let's see, Vick committed a crime, dog fighting, lost $20 million, went to prision, paid his debt to society. But because some of you have pets you feel he should not be allowed to earn a living. Wait, oh yeah, he can work, just not as an athlete. I get it, he can't make millions while you poor suckers make less. What is it with you whites that you can't stand to see a black athlete earn millions. You obviously don't mind if the athlete is white. It was dog fighting, not human murder. And although I beleive what he did was wrong, I absolutely don't want his "head" on a stick after he's already paid a huge price for his actions. I believe everyone deserves a 2nd change and vick is no exception. And if you people would put your predjudice and jelousy aside you can see that I'm right. See ya, haters!

Posted by: j3161usa | May 20, 2009 12:12 PM

To saveoursouls,

Did you read my post? I did not pass judgment on anyone. I was simply stating that if you thought playing in the NFL was one of the hardest jobs you had ever seen, you really have not seen the world.

Posted by: LuckyDog2 | May 20, 2009 12:12 PM

LOL-katiebabe461, I love it!! Come on people. He made some very poor choices! BUT he did his time for the crime. There are more pressing issues in the world than prosecuting a man who paid his debt to society!! WELCOME BACK MICHAEL VICK!! Let your haters be your motivators!!!!!

Posted by: yvette620 | May 20, 2009 12:11 PM

All of the posters who state that Mr. Vick has paid his legal debt to society are absolutely correct. We may disagree on the severity of the offense in relation to the punishment but the law is the law. The difference between killing an animal for sport i.e. hunting and killing an animal that depends on you for its survival should be obvious. The reason why animals deserve and sometimes get special protection should also be obvious. It is because they lack the ability to lobby congress for their interests. We have another population that fits this description, children. The NFL will make a business decision not a moral one. How much money will they loose vs. gain over letting Vick play. We are all animals whether we like it or not. The only thing that separates humans from other creatures is a responsibility that results from the power we have over other life on this planet, our only home.

Posted by: philicious5280 | May 20, 2009 11:56 AM

To LuckyDog2:
I am not sure what you are looking through,
but there is a lot more to life than the NFL, Michael Vick, or your brainstorming to find something to say against him.

The truth of the matter is that there is a principal here that needed to be expounded upon, and that is that judgement of others leads to judgement of oneself, and
the vicious attacks upon others will lead to that same vicious attack upon one's own self.
I am not here to blind you,
I am here to help you to truly see.

You may not appreciate the virtues of wisdom and understanding; but there are those who do, and who will.

Posted by: saveoursouls | May 20, 2009 11:55 AM

Man This Board has Haterade On sale 2 for 1!

The last I checked this is still a country that believes in property rights and contract law. If an NFL organization mainly the owner chooses to hire Michale back, and pay him with his money, than good for them, and I hope it pays off. What ever happened to personal freedom in this country. If I want to pay someone to do something. I should have the liberty regardless of what past crimes they have committed. I have always thought this whole thing was way over-hiped, and a distraction from the true injustices in this world. M.J. Rosenberg, famous blogger and social critic, in sept. 2007 said, "We need a new antiwar slogan. How about. "The Iraq War Has Led to More Canine Suffering in One Hour Than Michael Vick Has Produced in His Whole Life." if you would like to read the whole article about how this issue provides cover for much more evil then hear is a link. http://tpmcafe.talkingpointsmemo.com/2007/09/01/michael_vick_crimes_worse_than/.

To Vick: do like Kanye said " let the haters hate and watch the money pile up" you served your time and now you have a chance to get out of bankruptcy.

A last thought is. Will Vick really make a team? Most of the time people don't make it threw Prison and then back to the top. Mike Tyson ring a bell!

Stop the Hate! the man did his time.

Posted by: SouthernFriedDem | May 20, 2009 11:53 AM

Did we forget the atrocity against animals that Vick was in charge of? Did we also forget that he lied when confronted with the evidence and that he placed all the blame on his "friends" who were involved? Is this the kind of man that YOU look up to and want your children to look up to? Sure, he served some time, but he got off with a smack on the hand. Why with so many new, young and talented athletes upcoming do we need to reinstate this has been who took advantage of his star status. Let Vick go and let some new talent take his place. Maybe the new guy might appreciate his talent and not take advantage of the system. Why does the NFL need VICK anyway?

Posted by: dmorris3 | May 20, 2009 11:49 AM

Wow america is full of idiots and hypocrites. You idiots scream abouts animal rights and then run to you local mcdonalds and order a double cheesebuger..we kill and slaughter animals everyday for food and for sport(hunters this means you). I think that it was a huge injustice that Micheal Vick ever went to jail for this. A dog is just that a dog and animal like any other so if people go to jail for hurting animals the all hunters and meat producer need a cell next to vicks... Think about it dummies

Posted by: devilkat96 | May 20, 2009 11:48 AM

To saveoursouls,

If you really believe

"I would say that playing in the NFL is punishment to one's body in itself. It is one of the hardest jobs I have seen."

Seriously, you need to take off those rose colored glasses and take a close look at the real world.

Posted by: LuckyDog2 | May 20, 2009 11:43 AM

Murdered "Tons of Dogs"? I thought it was only 10 or 20... couldn't have been more than 1600 lbs total...

Posted by: smithsmith1 | May 20, 2009 11:41 AM

Comparisons to hunting? Really?

A lot of people here that must've avoided or conveniently forgot the details of the case and what exactly he did. 'Killing dogs' doesn't really cover it. He wasn't just engaging in the usual dogfighting nuts-and-bolts nastiness, which in my book would be bad enough. He was getting freakishly sadistic with it. He was having fun. Immolation, hanging, electrocution, drowning...

Posted by: HarrisTheYounger | May 20, 2009 11:39 AM

I don't trust Michael Vick. If he had not been caught he would still be in the dog fighting business today making his millions.

You can mess with a lot of things in the USA but not with dog lovers.

There is a poster in a local shelter that says it all, "First abuse to an animal, next to a human." If you have no respect for a dog who cannot fend for themselves, how on earth do you respect human life?

Posted by: gingergirl1 | May 20, 2009 11:35 AM

To thensell:
Would you truly be able to play in the NFL, even if you had the privilege?

Will only your 2 eyes be watching, that you can say with such verocity who can or should not play?

Posted by: saveoursouls | May 20, 2009 11:32 AM

WELCOME BACK MIKE!

You have done your time, now its time for you to move on personally & professionally.....

Good Luck!~

Posted by: bobby20 | May 20, 2009 11:30 AM

what a thug.

Posted by: Durham2 | May 20, 2009 11:29 AM

Second chance at life? yes! Second chance at the NFL? Hell No! It's time the fans of sports teams let thugs like Vick and Jones and Ownens know that we'd rather not pay to watch them "PLAY A GAME". Jobs are not guaranteed. If someone is willing to let him play for their team, that's the risk they'll have to take. I can promise you I won't watch him play, support that team, or its sponsors. Mr Vick can get a job like the rest of us. The privilage of playing in the NFL should not be available to him.

Posted by: thensell | May 20, 2009 11:27 AM

To ExtremeExtensions:
God has given him a second chance, and more; just as he has given you.
However, if you don't deserve a second chance, than it is no wonder that you don't think others do.
You need to look at what you are hiding, that causes you to feel you are in charge of forgiveness in the first place.
Where have you been for so long?

Posted by: saveoursouls | May 20, 2009 11:11 AM

I cannot BELIEVE some of you people want to give him a "second chance". Second chance for WHAT? He abused, tortured, and murdered TONS of dogs over a long period of time. He broke the law and broke the rules of common morals that nearly everyone else seems to follow just fine. This is equivalent to being a serial killer or serial rapist or serial child molester. It's not like he did it by accident, or this was a one-time (GIANT) lapse of judgement. Michael Vick is a BAD MAN. He exploited, maimed, and purposely killed innocent animals. I bet he beats women too. I can't believe he got such a short sentence, and now he's allowed just to relax in his mansion, thereby avoiding the press until he's not such a hot topic anymore and everyone forgets this. SOOOO stupid.

Posted by: ExtremeExtensions | May 20, 2009 11:07 AM

He didn't start a war by misleading the American Public. He's not a criminal Bush, Cheney and Rummy ARE. HE HAS MORE THAN PAID HIS PRICE....

Posted by: katiebabe461 | May 20, 2009 11:05 AM

PS: Why don't some of you whose sole repetoires and reason for living seems to hinge on animal needs and care, why don't you take all the volunteerism and fanaticism over animals, and apply that to people in need.
Have any of you considered the orphans or widows, not to dare mention the even the souls of those in prison. There are human souls suffering as much as, and even more than animals, that could use some of your misguided compassion, which in essense is just an excuse for your true hatred of your fellow man; so you over compensate by pouring whatever caring you have onto animals; so as not to feel guilty. Well guess what, you still are!

Posted by: saveoursouls | May 20, 2009 11:05 AM

Doesn't it strike you as odd that we pay grown men to fight in a ring for "entertainment" but that same act on the street will get you arrested.
Little wonder our society has trouble defining right and wrong.

Posted by: LuckyDog2 | May 20, 2009 11:03 AM

Finally...he's out...Yes, what he did wasn't exactly 'good', but I doubt that dogfighting/killing makes one morally irresponsible..

I don't believe that killing an animal makes you a 'lost cause.' Like another poster said, hunters kill animals (that we DON'T breed) all the time..I'm glad he did his time, but he's not an animal..He has a long road to full redemption, but I doubt this will keep back from the NFL..

Posted by: OneGovt_Worker | May 20, 2009 11:02 AM

I feel that Micheal Vick should be allowed back into the NFL, yes he made a mistake, but honestly who hasn't?
I fell that if he can prove that he understands what he did was wrong that it shall be alright and everyone should forgive, but not forget.
He was a great player at one time it's going to be interesting seeing how good he could become once again. It's going to take a lot of work but if he was to put in the effort than I think he deserves another chance!

Posted by: hbuschur | May 20, 2009 11:00 AM

If no one deserves a second chance, as some of the posters here have indicated, how many people would have been president, pastor or corporate CEO?

Just wondering...

Posted by: raines04 | May 20, 2009 11:00 AM

Michael Vick should spend the next year as a volunteer working at an animal shelter, cleaning and caring for the animals. The following year should be spent as an attack dog dummy for military/police dogs in training.
The remainder of his life should be spent training "service" dogs for the various types of individuals who need them to maintain their independence. Naturally, he would need close supervision.

Posted by: LuckyDog2 | May 20, 2009 10:56 AM

I am as much a dog lover as anyone and what this man did is indeed despicable however he has or will soon pay his lawful dept to society. Weather or not he is re-instated to football is a matter for the experts to decide. I personally wouldn't want him on my team. The comments I see on this post sound like they come from PETAfites more than anyone else. Why don't we just wait and see if he really chooses to reform and be a good citizen before we hang him by the yardarms.

Posted by: rowews | May 20, 2009 10:54 AM

MIKE VICK CONGRATS ON YOUR RELEASE!

HANG IN THERE FOR 2 MORE MONTHS.

WILL BE EXCITED TO SEE YOU PLAY AGAIN!

DONT LET THESE FOOLS DETER YOU IN ANYWAY FROM YOUR GOALS WITH THEIR SICK LOVE AFFAIR WITH ANIMALS. TO HELL WITH THEM!

YOU HAVE PAID YOUR DEBT!

Posted by: nivla | May 20, 2009 10:53 AM

To all you holier than thou, who have never done anything wrong, never hurt anybody or anything,and have not the grace in your hearts or the honesty or integrity to face yourselves, and your corrupt ways;
it is no surprise that you foam out bitter hatred for this man, this young man who made a mistake; not unlike any that you or your children have made against fellow human beings. however, his sin was against dogs. Your sins are against a fellow human being.
It is no wonder you cannot forgive him.
You have no love, compassion, or understanding.
It is not that he needs any of your forgiveness, because it is not ut to you, it is up to Almighty God,
and guess what, the blood of Jesus Christ has already given him another chance, and another one, despite the fact that your vicious mudslinging fangs are cast forward.
My prayer is that this young man will have studied, and worked and grown in grace in prison, to such a degree that he can counsel those of you who are imprisioned in your burning houses of judgement, greed, hatred, and envitalbe destruction. You are bringing fire down upon your own heads, thru your brutal assessments of this young man; but the question is do you deserve anything less?
The more you hate and holler, the worse your own lives will become; you are bringing hell and damnation upon yourselves and your own children. If you want to drink of an even more bitter cup than you have assigned to this young man, then keep spewing your own brand of poision; you are stirring your own waters.
I know that most of you will hate even more as you read this, but just know you are mangling your own souls: "What I say unto you, I say unto all, watch."

Posted by: saveoursouls | May 20, 2009 10:53 AM

The problem I have always had with this case--as well as animal rights activism in general--is the mixed message it sends. On the one hand, we condemn someone like Vick for his treatment of pit bull terriers and make his actions out to be felonious offenses. But on the other hand, the killing of animals for hunting purposes--such as deer, moose,etc.--has always been an acceptable sport, one which has been practiced by high profile individuals, such as the governor of Alaska. Is there a special category for dogs?

Posted by: lwilliamson1 | May 20, 2009 10:51 AM

I hate typos! My post should have said idiot not idot. Maybe I shouldn't play football again either...LOL

Posted by: onlyghost | May 20, 2009 10:48 AM

He should never be able to play again! What kind of person would even condone that type of behavior? He is either an idot or just plain evil!

Posted by: onlyghost | May 20, 2009 10:46 AM

Calling this waste of skin an animal is an insult to animals. The only thing he is sorry about is that he got caught. When he can find a way to undo the damage he's caused, then and only then should he be allowed back in the game.

However, the NFL is all about winning and they never let morals or integrity get in the way of the game. I'm sure that Roger Goodell will determine that Michael is "truely" sorry and let him back in the game at which point all the scumbag owners will wet themselves at the opportunity to have him playing for them.

I like watching football, but I don't think I could watch a game that he played in.

Posted by: xconservative | May 20, 2009 10:45 AM

Horrible and shocking when i first heard of it,but with the soldiers dieing for nothing,kid starving to death here in the U.S.,it has moved down on the list of concern.come dog lovers get a life.

Posted by: fineislandm | May 20, 2009 10:40 AM

NFL Commissioner, Roger Goodell, shame on you for even considering reinstating this monster. What kind of role model would he be to the millions of youngsters that look up to sports players. For their sake, do the right thing, do not reinstate him.

Posted by: howdydo1 | May 20, 2009 10:38 AM

If the NFL reinstates this cretin, I will personally boycott every NFL advertiser until he's off all teams. This man is not even human, much less should be held in high esteem because he can throw a football. I've loved and supported football all my life, but this will end it for me. He should hang his ugly head in shame for the rest of his miserable life.

Posted by: capone1 | May 20, 2009 10:33 AM

another flunky nfl player gone bad. i believe that once you commit a crime, any crime, then you should never be allowed back into professional sports. vick also did not serve enough time. his house confinement will be a joke as well. i pray no nfl team employs him or any other professional sports league.

Posted by: Rickk1 | May 20, 2009 10:28 AM

hi My name is Michael Vick's. You may know me from having dogfights to the death, and illegal gambling at my house, or possibly because I was once a NFL football player. But What I want to talk about today is Alpo. You see, Alpo, its not only good for dogs about ready to fight to their death but it is one my favorite meals. It's a shame that I have been indefinitely suspended from that crackers football team. But we all know that a cool pile of Alpo more than makes up for once being a mentor and a child hero to the underprivileged youth of America. So when people ask you, " would you rather be honorable and decent, or would you rather eat alpo" You know my answer.

Posted by: mahe | May 20, 2009 10:28 AM

One female dog that belonged to Vick HAD ALL HER TEETH REMOVED so Vick and his hood boys could put her on what is called a "rape stand", tie her down, and force her to mate with a male dog. ANYBODY who would do this deserves NO COMPASSION OR UNDERSTANDING FROM ME, and will never get any from me.

Best Friends shelter in Kanab, Utah, took many of Vick's dogs and I believe almost all of them have be adopted to LOVING families, except for two (I think) that were in such bad shape they had to be put down. Some of the dogs have been on the NatGeo channel.

Vick was, AND IS, a DISGUSTING person who will be meeting all his old dogs when he has to cross the "Rainbow Bridge", and I hope they make it clear to him how they really feel.

You can google "Rainbow Bridge" if you don't know what I am talking about.

Posted by: swanieaz | May 20, 2009 10:14 AM

I'm surprised he isn't working at an animal shelter...

Posted by: ozpunk | May 20, 2009 9:56 AM