The League

Dan Reeves
Guest Panelist

Dan Reeves

Coached in 7 Super Bowls with the Cowboys, Broncos and Falcons.

We All Make Mistakes

CLICK TO REACT Facebook

I do think Michael will play again in the NFL. Yeah, I do.

First of all, he's got to get through this and come out of prison and be a person who understands what he needs to do.

He's definitely young enough to play again. He's definitely talented enough.

I think he'll come through all of this a better person. He'll understand what he did and learn from it, and he'll understand what he needs to do in the future.

I think he'll get a second chance somewhere in the NFL. It won't be in Atlanta. They don't need a quarterback there. I don't know where it will be, but I do think some team will sign him.

There's no question he made a mistake. But there are a lot of guys playing in the NFL right now who have made mistakes.

(Reeves was Michael Vick's first NFL head coach with the Falcons between 2001 and 2003)

By Dan Reeves  |  November 26, 2008; 3:22 AM ET  | Category:  Crime , NFL Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati
Previous: Contrition Aids PR | Next: He Has to Earn It

Comments

Mr. Reeves, I appreciate your confidence in Michael Vick and others' willingness to let him play for them. However, it will never happen.

No one will support a team lead by a dog murderer. I remember how angry Atlanta fans were when the story broke. Sure, many wanted Vick to get the benefit of the doubt, but every family with a dog as a pet refused to have their star quarterback be a man who murdered dogs for fun and profit. It is disgusting and immoral. Vick is a bad role model and a poor leader.

It's not about forgive and forget; it's about politics. And Michael Vick is bad politics. Any team that hires him will have to deal with a scandalous uproar and the loss of many fans. It's just not worth it.

Posted by: quinty1984 | November 26, 2008 10:30 AM

Dan Reeves and Peter Schaffer should be beaten with a half-brick in a sock and hanged with a wire coathanger for even suggesting that this sociopath should ever be allowed to play professional football again. The single biggest problem with professional sports is the utter failure of sports leagues to recognize that sports figures are role models for large numbers of Americans. We wouldn't allow a convicted felon like Vick to vote, hold public office, or trade stocks. So why would we allow him to be held up as a role model for American children? Screw him. And screw you two for overlooking the NFL's moral obligations for a temporary on-field advantage.

Posted by: Chuck | November 26, 2008 10:39 AM

Picking up a DUI after celebrating a win is a "mistake." Underpaying your taxes can be broadly considered to be a "mistake." Hell, even gambling and slapping around a spouse could fall into that category.

Reeves' myopic Christian blindness has completely overruled any capacity for rational thought in his sentiment. They're just dogs, right Dan? No big deal. It's not cruelty unless they're your god's chosen creatures.

Nice. You can really take pride in that crushingly prehistoric mindset.

Posted by: coasttocoast.nli | November 26, 2008 10:41 AM

Yes Vick will play again -- Sure Vick will get a second chance. There are ax-murderers living among the very people who think that he does not deserve a second chance. Living in this dog-eat-dog world should say something about things as they are. Get real, get a life ... and think a little more about human beings as opposed to your wonderful pets!

Posted by: alligator10 | November 26, 2008 10:43 AM

If there is no law preventing the guy from getting hired by a sports team, let the man work for a living. He's been punished according to the laws we live by and brought almost total ruin on himself. His name is dirt to anyone that hears it, he's a public villain forever, he lost a 100 million dollars, has a bleak financial future and is a convicted felon. Arbitrarily punishing him even further is not what this country is supposed to be all about. I hate the guy, but don't see why he shouldn't be allowed to go 11-28 for 125 yards and 2 INT's during first round playoff losses.

Posted by: Hire the guy | November 26, 2008 10:45 AM

Vick didn't make a mistake; he displayed psychopathic behavior. There is a qualitative difference. Mr Vick is a violent psychopathic criminal.

One hopes that Mr Vick becomes a human being capable of empathy for all God's creatures, however, that is not likely to be achieved via a stint in prison. It will more likely result in heightening his anti-social animalistic tendencies. He will need a lifetime of counseling and reflection to become a different man.

Sports analysts and fans who argue that Mr Vick should be forgiven and allowed to play again are reprehensible. Their motives are based on their desire to see him play and/or to profit from his playing. They ignore the fact that he is a truly sick, violent, mentally disturbed person who--despite wealth and fame--was unable to control his psychopathic tendencies. To claim that his mere contrition (for the loss of money) isn't persuasive. One is reminded of all the celebrities who start flashing Bibles when they risk going to jail.

To all the men who believe Mr Vick should be allowed to profit from being a sports celebrity--ask yourself this: would you want him as your childs scout leader? Would you trust a man who tortured animals and who personally killed them to be anywhere near your kids? Would you want your kids looking to such a person as a role model? Mr. Vick might have a right to work once out of prison, but there should never be a right to celebrity and hero-worship for violent killers. Maybe both he and society would be better off if Mr Vick took a job caring in a hospice or an emergency room; maybe he would learn how fragile life is, and why civilized society values compassion over torture and killing.

Posted by: tobor | November 26, 2008 10:47 AM

I agree with Dan and Peter. Vick deserves a second chance. If PacMan Jones can get not only 2 chances, but a 3rd, then Vick, surly can get a second.

Coasttocoast you must not have a spouse.

Posted by: Glen | November 26, 2008 10:48 AM

From the reports I heard, not only did Michael Vick conduct illegal dog fights, but he sadistically "disposed" unwanted dogs with delight. I am not a huge animal rights guy. In fact, my family has a beagle that’s driving me crazy…and when he passes, it will be with mixed feelings. That said; I find it difficult to muster up sympathy for Mr. Vick. He had a beautiful life – nice cars, big home, lots of friends and fans, a big time career in the NFL with all the fame and glory that goes with it – and yet, he apparently was willing to risk it all…and for what? Worse, cruelty seems to be a part of his character – given that he enjoyed an afternoon or two of torturing dogs to death. What does that say about him? Is there any evidence – other than Mr. Vick’s words – that suggests this is no longer a part of his character? If he was anyone else – some blue collar worker who actually worked for a living – would we be talking about reinstating this guy in his old job as if time in prison makes one a better person. I can forgive Michal Vick. But I don’t want him in the NFL being celebrated by adults and kids alike as a sports hero. His undoing was not some social obstacle or prejudice that was no fault of his own. His undoing was his own selfishness and an attraction towards evil (yes, I consider what he did to be evil). I hope he can overcome, and rebuild his life. But my well wishes does not include him being elevated back to a place of stature, where others will inevitably pay tribute to him.

Posted by: Mike | November 26, 2008 11:03 AM

Dan Reeves is right as rain. I think Michael Vick deserves another chance. For crying out loud, we have a president leaving office who lied the country into a war and got thousands of people killed (hundreds of thousands if you include the Iraqis) and we cannot give a so-called dog murderer another chance? Where is the basic fairness? I love dogs and have a bunch. But I still believe Vick was treated unfairly by the system.

Posted by: Roy Hobbs | November 26, 2008 11:06 AM

Mistake? What mistake did Vick make? A mistake is doing something by accident or something you didn't mean to do. Like a car accident - you accidentally broke too late and hit the person in front of you. Vick made NO MISTAKE - he KNEW EXACTLY WHAT HE WAS DOING!! I don't want this to be called a mistake ever again. He should stay in jail for 10 more years for all I care. And he was "so sorry" - its funny how these bad criminals say sorry AFTER they are caught. If he were a good guy, he would have said sorry and how wrong it was BEFORE getting busted.

Posted by: the z | November 26, 2008 11:08 AM

Yes, Vick deserves a second chance. But that does not include playing in the NFL. A few years' work, especially rescuing animals, should help rehabilitate him as a person. Serving time is a legal requirement. He needs to show that he has grown as a human being, as well.

Posted by: AMviennaVA | November 26, 2008 11:12 AM

Michael Vick is dirt.

Posted by: Anonymous | November 26, 2008 11:15 AM

Every person calling the man psycho and crazy either have serious problems themselves or rather talk crazy b/c they can't be held accountable for their words written up here. Have this conversation with a group of real people and I'm sure you wouldn't be talking like that. Leonard Little killed a lady and how much do we hear about that? If he can be given a 2nd chance Vick surely will be back and he will succeed. It was a cruel stupid thing he did but get real, it's child rapists walking around right now free. He derserved to be punished and he's serving his time. If he wasn't Michael Vick would anybody even care??? Of course not. Instead of some of you saying he can never be rehabilitated how about you focus on some of the catholic school age boys getting molested by their preist?!?!?! You people make me sick with your judging. We've all messed up at one point. I wish I could have this conversation in person with each of you and see what would really come out of your mouth.

Posted by: Anonymous | November 26, 2008 11:16 AM

A MISTAKE??? Torturing and killing dogs over the course of YEARS is NO MISTAKE!! And while the NFL may decide he can play football again the FANS will not be so forgiving. Any owner would have to be out of his cotton picking mind to sign Vick, pay him millions to be the face of his team. Really why would any owner want his starting QB to be booed by his teams OWN FANS when Vick ran on the field.. And those would be the ones NOT boycotting the game. I tell you right now if my team signed Vick I would no longer be a fan of that team and it would not see another penny from me.

Posted by: rss | November 26, 2008 11:26 AM

I agree with many of the posters here, this was not a mistake. This was a severe error in judgment and character flaw.

Playing professional football for millions of dollars is not a right, it is a privilege. It is a privilege that we limit to men of good character. When someone proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that their character is lacking, they should not be reinstated.

Compare Michael Vick to Warrick Dunn. Dunn uses his fame, position and money to build housing for needy families. Many other players give something back to the community in a variety of ways. What did Vick do after the league (and fans) gave him BIG money? He decided to embark on a cruel and illegal dogfighting venture.

I doubt he will go back to dogfighting if he gets another chance in the NFL. However, he will do something else that displays a total lack of judgment and character. I disagree with Reeves and Schaffer that he deserves a second chance. He deserves his freedom and can earn a living like the rest of us -- getting up and going to work every day.

What? He cannot earn millions of dollars unless he plays professional football? Why is that? What did he spend his time doing at Virginia Tech? He wasted an excellent opportunity to earn a college degree at an excellent school. Its not my fault he's not ready for life after football. But he does not deserve a second chance in the NFL because his character and judgment are lacking.

Posted by: rb-freedom-for-all | November 26, 2008 11:26 AM

Dogs are not people.

I once lived a block away from a heating service repair business that kept a vicious dog on its property at night. The dog would bark forever at anything.

I used to stand on the other side of the fence and watch as the dog barked non-stop, in hopes that the animal would grow tired and stop barking all night. It actually had the reverse effect on Fido to not be a menace, and he'd bark longer.

I wish Michael Vick a Happy Thanksgiving. Thousands of dollars were wasted rehabilitating dogs owned by Vick while thousands of unwanted and abandoned dogs were euthanized at animal shelters across the country.

I do not brake for unleashed animals.

Posted by: Kacoo | November 26, 2008 11:29 AM

I hope Vick rots in hell and takes Dan Reeves dum ars with him. Reeves what a loser and quitter he was.

And Vick enjoyed putting family pets into the ring with his killer pits to watch them maimed and killed.

he deserves no second chance .

let him work a construction job for the rest of his life.

Posted by: Falcons Fan | November 26, 2008 11:29 AM

Our system is not about punishing you forever. Once you have fulfilled your obligations, under the law, one should be allowed to reenter society.

Corporate criminals and all types of unsavory characters have found employment in the high prestige corporate sector. Of course this isn't broadcast so that we all have to confront it. It just happens that the high prestige sector that Mr. Vick is most qualified to reenter is a media driven sports.

In all honesty, when I recall the hyper misogyny, violence against women, thoughtless repopulation of the world via golddiggers that many professional athletes engage in...I really wonder about our collective priorities.

This is NOT simply an issue of race. It's much bigger. Societies have a culture and of course sub cultures. Our culture has found no problem with Governor Palin collecting the heads of caribou or shooting "wild" wolves from a Helicopter. Heck it's even celebrated as an example of her grit. But in all honesty I find it all just as bizarre and unneccessary as Vick's dog fighting. The fact that we as Americans once advertised and brought our children to public lynching should show that culture (not simply race) and what the majority deems to be "appropriate" is a shifting concept. I hate what Vick did, but I hate the vileness it has brought out of the so-called friends of animals. I mean does human suffering (Katrina, Iraq War, etc.) register with you? There are far bloodier and unfeeling forces in this country...thankfully their degrees, status, and command of the king's english blind you.

Peace

Posted by: not_yet | November 26, 2008 11:33 AM

Listen, people need to really take a deep breath and think through this whole thing. Dog fighting is very wrong, I agree, but it's also as old as the world itself. Now Vick was made an example for his mistake.
Yes, it IS a mistake, he was in league with idiots from his home town who were thugs and the ones managing the whole scheme, he provided the location. These guys were also quick to turn around and backstab him when the trial came, while they had apparently as much dirt on them as he did. Now did you hear anything about them being convicted for anything, or even put on probation??

This is the definition of making an example out of somebody...

Regardless, I can't believe that some people are putting this on the same level as murder of a man, or even as beating one's wife.

The truth is, many dogs have been bred for aggression and violence, and those dogs, even left without training and abuse, will manifest horrible symptoms of their heritage. This doesn't make it right to use them for entertainment, but it does help to understand why he treated them so poorly.

If I remember right, they tried to "rehabilitate" some of the dogs they seized, only to have to put them to sleep because they were so screwed up. Part of it was the abuse they suffered, but part of it was that these dogs have been bred for thousands of years to behave in such a way.

And by the way, I am a dog owner, and have been for over ten years now. So don't be quick to dismiss this post as the rant of a animal hater, far from it...

Posted by: Alex | November 26, 2008 11:34 AM

Michael Vick should be relegated to the trash heap. While the league and Vick supporters may try to bring him back, fans will simply not support it. The cruelty and callousness shown by Vick will not be forgotten nor pardoned. He deserves a second chance to show that he can be a human being, but not a second chance in a public role.

Posted by: Chris | November 26, 2008 11:34 AM

Anonymous:

I was against Leonard Little being allowed to play again too.

I am also upset that the Redskins owner has such a strong relationship with Bush and the neo-conservatives running the Iraq war and the country into the ground. I was sad that Joe Gibbs had these associations too. Not to mention Troy Aikman and Jerry Jones (big contributors to Bush). The current coach, Jim Zorn, is very close to Bush and Steve Largent (another ultra conservative). I am near the breaking point of never being a consumer of NFL football again. Reinstating Michael Vick will definitely be the last straw.

Posted by: rb-freedom-for-all | November 26, 2008 11:35 AM

Public role? You make it sound like he's running for county executive. That's the damn problem...running on a field or court in front of drunk people should not be held up as noble pursuit. Its a JOB. That's it. Its funny how sports is irrelevant or held up to more scrutiny than Catholic Bishops depending on the message.

Posted by: not_yet | November 26, 2008 11:37 AM

Everybody makes mistakes in life and Michael Vick is no exception. He should be forgiven. He is still young and should be given the opportunity to put his past mistakes behind him. He is very talented. I think he has learned from this experience. Members of the Watergate and Charles Keating scandals were given another chance. William Ayers, the 1960s anti-war activist is now professor at the Universit of Chicago. We learn and mature from our experiences and mistakes. I say forgive him and let him play again. Who gives us the right to play judge and jury. We tend to forget that we are humans. Alexander Pope said "To err is human; to forgive,divine.

Posted by: Virgie Cornelius | November 26, 2008 11:38 AM

look at the positive side if he comes back after a couple of years in prison and out of shape. He can blow out a knee and be a cripple for life. Then the NFL can dispose of him

Posted by: chet | November 26, 2008 11:45 AM

We all make mistakes! A mistake is running a 'fly' pattern instead of an 'out' and 'up' pattern. Hanging, strangling and drowning dogs is INTENTIONAL! I hope that allowing conVICK back into the NFL is moot anyway because I truly believe his skills have ERODED from languishing in jail. Go to He\\ Michael conVick!

Posted by: Anonymous | November 26, 2008 11:45 AM

The person who said "Playing professional football for millions of dollars is not a right, it is a privilege. It is a privilege that we limit to men of good character.", obviously hasn't been paying attention to the NFL! There are several players that would not be considered men of good character. It amazes me how people look at wrong doing and judging it based on how severe they think the crime is. A crime is a crime. There is a professional player that was caught with cocaine in his car preparing to use it and he went unpunished by both the law and the NFL. There are players that have DUIs, DWIs, spousal abuse problems, attitude problems, etc. What Vick did was totally wrong but, just as we would want a 2nd chance if we do something wrong - no matter what that wrong is - give him that chance. His judgment ultimately doesn't belong with us.

Posted by: burnie424 | November 26, 2008 11:49 AM

A mistake would be participating in a single dog fight not breeeding the frigging things. I hope your time at tech was used to study for your degree. NFL players are entertainers not animals and you aint entertaining.

Posted by: jp | November 26, 2008 11:57 AM

Yes, Dan. We all make mistakes. This must be yours for today. Look, for the past thirty years I have run jobs programs for former offenders. No one - and I mean no one - believes more in "second chances" than I. Sadistic offenders are different. In order to internalize and own their past violent acts, their psyches distort to rationalize and accommodate knowledge of what they have done. They are the hardest cases to penetrate. Vick is a deeply disturbed man with supressed, sexual-based pathology issues. Some of the respondents above hit the nail on the head. Get this man some mental health services, but don't make him into anyone's hero.

I pity the team and the coach that signs him.

Posted by: Ron, Chicago | November 26, 2008 12:05 PM

GIVE ME A BREAK!!! Reading these rightous peoples comments are making me sick! You all want to hang this man and stone him for dog fighting, but not ONE of you gave any thought to the Mother of 3 Leonard Little of the St. Louis Rams KILLED by "making a mistake"! The Z said "Vick made NO MISTAKE - he KNEW EXACTLY WHAT HE WAS DOING!!" and you think Leonard Little didn't?? Tobor said "Mr Vick is a violent psychopathic criminal." So if Little was suspended more than once for substance abuse, and still goes out and kills someone, what would that qualify as? By the way, Little still has his Drivers License! But I guess none of you rightous folks are Ram fans anyway Huh?

Posted by: kevinjack1 | November 26, 2008 12:10 PM

A true mistake exist in the short-term. Vick committed himself to long-term animal cruelty and criminal behavior. Those are not mistakes.

Posted by: Vin, DC | November 26, 2008 12:13 PM

Get real Reeves. Sure we all make mistakes. Mine are usually forgetting a thank-you card after Christmas, or pulling a rolling stop at a stop sign. Electrocuting dogs is not a mistake. It is a malicious act that indicates an absence of empathy. It's a low-grade version of what serial killers have. Vick is a violent person who belongs in jail. If we do let him play ball, that's cool. But just remember: electrocution for poor performance. If he can dish it out...

Posted by: bruce2000 | November 26, 2008 12:15 PM

That sleazeball should never be allowed to play again, not even in the minors. I can't believe Dan Reeves called Vick's behavior a 'mistake'. Mistakes are small unintentional infractions that people make. To call breeding and training dogs to tear at each other until one of them dies so bloodthirsty people can get their fill does not qualify as a mistake.

Posted by: Nevermore | November 26, 2008 12:24 PM

Bravo to many of these comments! To the others who think Michael Vick should get another chance - you make me as sick as Vick does!!!! Face it- cruelty is cruelty,it was no mistake that he made, he knew exactly what he was doing! ANYONE that can be cruel to children or animals has something mentally wrong with them! Keep them away from the public - and from all animals! He is a sick cruel individual and I have no respect for a piece of dirt like that! He doesn't deserve ANYTHING!!! Let alone a second chance to play football! I am a die-hard football fan, however if Michael Vick gets a second chance to play again, there goes any and all the class the NFL has been known to have! What type of "role model" is he for these young kids growing up today? It's hard enough growing up this day and age, give these kids "SOMEONE" to look up to. NOT A MICHAEL VICK!!! He isn't worth the ground he walks on!!!!! I
could say alot more about this piece of dirt, but my mom told me long ago, if you can't say anything nice - don't say anything at all. I guess I've said enough! One more thought - I HOPE MICHAEL VICK ROTS IN HELL - THAT'S WHERE HE BELONGS!

Posted by: PC | November 26, 2008 12:38 PM

Don't forget -- in addition to sadistically torturing and killing animals, Michael Vick also operated an interstate gambling ring.

Dan Reeves is a drooling moron. You don't let a gambler back into the league. We already know Michael Vick is a liar. We already know he has no moral compass. We already know he's a gambler.

So now tell me: do you trust Michael Vick not to throw a game or two?

Letting that dirtbag back into the NFL opens up a whole new can of worms...

Posted by: Hampton Roads | November 26, 2008 12:44 PM

Michael Vick took poor innocent family pets and threw them into the ring with their pit bulls -- so the pit bulls could learn to kill. Michael Vick watched and laughed.

And if the pit bull didn't kill well enough? Michael Vick personally hung it, strangled it, or beat it to death.

Welcome back to the NFL, Mr Vick. You'll fit right in.

Posted by: News | November 26, 2008 12:45 PM

Did someone hit Dan Reeves in the head with a ball?

(Do it again...)

Posted by: Fergie | November 26, 2008 12:47 PM

If you want empathy from a football player, you are kidding yourself. Let's be real. You want empathy from guys who train everyday and go out every Sunday and bash each others heads in. That's like saying you want good behavior from a 25 year ex-con.

All you haters of Vick need to check yourselves.

Two words....Leonard Little!

Posted by: kevinjack1 | November 26, 2008 12:50 PM

I feel bad for Michael Vick. He comes from a bad family in a bad community. Then he went to a football factory for college that doesnt care about behavior -- just about on-the-field. The Hokies created a person who doesn't understand right from wrong. Michael Vick lost everything because he grew up in a poisonous sewer. He was cheated.

He deserves a second chance at life. Not at football, of course, but at life. He should start by learning right from wrong -- maybe he should volunteer at an animal shelter for a few years.

Posted by: Newport Bad News | November 26, 2008 12:58 PM

Some moron is comparing Michael Vick to Leonard Little? Leonard Little got drunk and drove -- and killed a woman. He regrets it.

Michael Vick didn't make a one-time mistake. He planned and executed a secret gambling and dog-fighting ring for years. He personally trained and killed dogs. He lied about it until the evidence was undeniable. He never expressed regret until after conviction when his lawyers thought it would help with his sentence.

No, Michael Vick is nothing like Leonard Little.

Posted by: Leonard Little? | November 26, 2008 1:00 PM

Hey KevinJack -- three words for you: You're a moron.

Michael Vick and Leonard Little have nothing in common. Nothing. Little made a terrible, regrettable mistake. Vick sadistically enjoyed killing animals -- and gambling on it -- for years.

Moron.

Posted by: KevinJack has his head up his butt | November 26, 2008 1:02 PM

I beleive a couple of owners would take a look at Vick if he was a great player. He was never a great QB on the pro level and I don't think the Levenworth team sharpend his skills that much. Jerry Jones or Al Davis would sign Jack the Ripper if he was an all pro. He also made a couple of mistakes?

Posted by: donmac | November 26, 2008 1:04 PM

Michael Vick is the world's only justification for prison rape. I hope some fat sweaty guy is giving it to Vick right now. Enjoy the ride, Michael. Enjoy the ride.

Posted by: Prison RAPE | November 26, 2008 1:08 PM

Michael Vick is the VICTIM hear. No body else goes to prison for just dogs. It's just dogs, people!!!!! they're only animals. Did you eat a cheeseburger for lunch?? OK youre guilty. you murdered a cow. I dont see nobody crying about no cows??? do i???

michael vick will be MVP of NFL. BOOK IT!! there are no good black QBs in the NFL -- the NFL is getting rid of them so only white boys can play QB because thats what WHITE PEOPLE want.

Barack Obama will get Michael Vick back into the NFL. No doubt. Then you white people can cry when you watch Michael Vick putting a dog collar on your white daughters. HA hah ah ha! Suck it!!

Posted by: FREE MIKE VICK!! | November 26, 2008 1:12 PM

alligator10

the reason we think more about our pets than SOME humans is because of the violent, gruesome, disgusting savagery that humans do to animals and each other every day.

Posted by: beastfan | November 26, 2008 1:14 PM

It's funny how some of these people want to crucify Michael Vick for his animal-torturing ways. Meanwhile, they sit down to eat a bacon cheeseburger without any concern.

I never quite understood where some animals gain value over others in the whole "well, it's not cruelty to murder animals and eat them, but it is to fight them and possibly murder them". Reeks of hypocrisy.

Posted by: pga3 | November 26, 2008 1:15 PM

Coach Reeves, as a long-time (and long-suffering) Falcons fan, I have always appreciated the class you brought to that franchise and what you accomplished there. I think you were one of the best things ever to happen to the Falcons, and I was thoroughly disgusted when they let you go.

I agree with you about Vick -- he's doing his time and paying his debt -- but I think I think I'll go back and read some of these rants and then comment some more.

Posted by: Ed | November 26, 2008 1:16 PM

The real question is will we soon forgive Michael Vick because he is Michael Vick and deserves special forgiveness we would give no other dog torturer?

Posted by: Roy | November 26, 2008 1:17 PM

"Judge not lest thee be judged". The Lord will judge Mr Vick. He should be allowed to do anything he wants without being judged by you people. There is no 10 Commandment about killing dogs. But there is one about being racist. All these people are committing racism in their hearts against Mr Vick. I pray for you, Mr Vick. We should hold you close to our hearts for all your suffering. You're suffering for us, Mr Vick, I know you are. You are just like our Lord Jesus Christ persecuted by the ignorant. Oh Lord bless and protect your servant Michael Vick -- he is alone in the desert surrounded by ignorant judgeful hateful racist people throwing stones.

Posted by: Praise the Lord and Michael Vick | November 26, 2008 1:18 PM

This is a CONSPIRACY. The animal rights wanted a scapegoat to pin against the wall. They nailed michael vick. But where is the evidence??? it was all planted by the government (and did anyone check the masons????? or the jews/??) When barack obama takes over the first thing he should do is a FULL investigation into the CONSPIRACY to frame michael vick.

it's a racist conspriacy too so that should make barack obama mad.

Posted by: Where is the EVIDENCE??? | November 26, 2008 1:21 PM

Personally, I'd be the first to line up to take my kids to see Michael Vick play. It would be a great example to them: sometimes you make mistakes. If you're a celebrity, most of the time you won't have to pay for them -- like when you're caught smuggling illegal drugs in an airport. But sometimes you'll get caught. If you do, first you deny everything. Then you get the best lawyers money can buy.

But sometimes, even celebrities have to go to jail. But... you can make money on it. Other celebrities in the media will pay to interview you. And everyone will forgive you quickly because you're a celebrity.

Lesson for my children: be a celebrity. Otherwise, you'll have to follow the rules.

Posted by: Mike Vick, role model | November 26, 2008 1:24 PM

All you guys defending Mike Vick (that means you, Wilbon): would you get your job back if you were caught running an interstate gambling and dogfighting ring?

If not, why not?

Tough questions, right? You all know that if you have a job with any real responsibility, you wouldn't get it back. No one would trust you or respect you. And certainly not a job dealing with the public. The NFL would pay a terrible price for reinstating Vick -- as they should.

Posted by: Answer this, Vick fans | November 26, 2008 1:26 PM

Not a lot of class in some of these comments. I think the guy from Chicago might be the only one in a position to judge the situation as he's worked with former offenders, and that is what Vick always will be.

They have bullfights in Europe and south of our border, and there are all manner of animal abusers -- of human, domesticated, livestock and wild -- walking free in society, some even playing and coaching in the NFL. (Doesn't make it right, but let's get real and go after the aforementioned child abusers and wife abusers too. [Slapping around one's wife is not a mistake, btw, it's an assault.])

It's a free country so far, and if Vick hasn't changed, a higher justice surely will prevail because it always does. I guarantee you, if he hasn't changed and he gets to play again, he will do something just as dumb and end up in jail again.

Posted by: Ed | November 26, 2008 1:31 PM

There is currently a player in the NFL that caused a death of a person via DUI and then got pulled over after being reinstated for another DUI (still playing). There is a player in the NFL that caused another person to be paralyzed in a bar fight\shooting melee. Still playing with 3rd and 4th chances. Does Michael Vick deserve another shot-maybe not. Is he legally intitled-yes (like anyone who has made a mistake, even you). (You haven't?) THESE ARE DOGS PEOPLE. NOT HUMANS. Michael Vick committed a crime and deserved to be punished, but not as long as someone who kills a person. He was adequately punished and has a right to pursue his occupation and the NFL rules suggests so. Michael should not be or have been a role model to you or your kids in the first place. Nor any athelete. YOU should be your childs role model.

Posted by: DT | November 26, 2008 1:38 PM

For the moron that has something to say to me, if you read what I said, you would understand that what Vick did doesn't compare to Little,but you ignat Vick haters want to act like Vick did that worse thing humanly imaginable. You want to bocot Vick, but were you this disturbed about Leonard Little, not even close. Not only did Little get a second chance, the bum got a third and kept his drivers license. Killing a woman because YOU got drunk is ok by your standards.

next time, make sure you identify your self so I can direct my comments to you. Figures you would hide. People who think they are rightous tend to do those things.

Posted by: kevinjack1 | November 26, 2008 1:39 PM

You've gotta be kidding me. What team would be dumb enough to sign Mike Vick? Even with a criminal like Pacman Jones there isn't a well-funded organization out to get him.

PETA will destroy the franchise that signs Vick. They'll face protests EVERY GAME.

Vick is done. Good riddance.

Posted by: Vick lovers don't get it | November 26, 2008 1:40 PM

I bet KevinJack is a scrawny little punk sitting in his momma's basement popping zits all over his keyboard while he types tough. Hey KevinJack -- typing tough don't make you tough.

And here's some news for you: the closest your boy Vick will come to playing quarterback is running away from the men in the prison showers. And just like the NFL, he'll get sacked. Repeatedly.

HAhaahahahaha! KevinJack, you're just a punk. Vick's getting his right now in prison. Do you want some of that?

Posted by: KevinJack is a little girl | November 26, 2008 1:43 PM

What did mike vick do that was so bad? you people need to wake up. everything in this country is a crime -- even if no one gets hurt. smoking a little weed don't hurt nobody. slapping your girl don't hurt nobody. watching dogs fight don't hurt nobody. beating your kids don't hurt nobody. makign a few bets don't hurt nobody.

mike vick didn't do nothing that all yall do every day of your lives. he just got blamed for it. wake up.

ed, dt, and kevinjack are right. all the rest are haters. ed, dt, and kevinjack, i got your backs. its time to do right. MV did his time.

Posted by: barry | November 26, 2008 1:47 PM

KevinJack is a mike vick sack-licker.

Posted by: kevin jack runs his mouth on the internet | November 26, 2008 1:48 PM

Again, post with your name. Calling names isn't gonna stop Vick from coming back to the league. i.e Leonard Little.

Posted by: kevinjack1 | November 26, 2008 1:50 PM

Make sure you put not only your name, but an address where I can mail you a fresh new Micheal Vick jersey.

Posted by: kevinjack1 | November 26, 2008 1:53 PM

******************************************************
******************************************************
******************************************************

Hitler made mistakes too, and I guess if we can forgive him then we can....

Hey! We never forgave Hitler. To hell with Vick too!

******************************************************
******************************************************
******************************************************

Posted by: FRANK | November 26, 2008 1:58 PM

I heard KevinJack pleasures himself while watching Mike Vick videos on YouTube.

Posted by: KevinJackAss | November 26, 2008 2:01 PM

Funny! Good thing KevinJack watches Vick on YouTube -- cause you ain't gonna see no Vick on TV anytime soon. He ain't coming back to the NFL no matter how much the fanboys want it.

Drugs? Vick did it and got away with it. I got no problem with that. But torturing and killing dogs? I ain't down with that.

Posted by: Jack This Boy | November 26, 2008 2:04 PM

I will personally come kick anyone's butt who dares say anything about me or Michael Vick again. Post with your own name and address. And phone number. And social security number. Here's mine:

Kevin Jackass
1 Jackass Street
Moron, Maryland

Please don't come by too late -- my mom won't let me stay up past 9 pm.

Posted by: KEVINJACK1 | November 26, 2008 2:06 PM

LOL KevinJack got pwned

Posted by: Ed | November 26, 2008 2:07 PM

pwned!!!

Posted by: dt | November 26, 2008 2:07 PM

damn kevinjack you are getting owned in here. man up, boy, and do something!! don't just take it like a bytch yo!

Posted by: allen p shirlstein | November 26, 2008 2:08 PM

kevin jack pwned!!! LOL!!!

Posted by: LOL!! | November 26, 2008 2:16 PM

Pleasure myself? i don't have to do that. I leave that for yo momma! Punk byatch! That's why you cant stay out past 9pm cuz she has appointment here!

I'll make sure I post it on YouTube for you. look up KevinJack Spankin You Momma Mike Vick Style!!! Byatch!

Posted by: kevinjack1 | November 26, 2008 2:18 PM

Michael Vick did not make a mistake. His actions were not errors or miscalculations. They were deliberate and free actions undertaken to inflict horrible suffering, for not purpose other than Vick's profit and entertainment. Every single time he beat, shocked, whipped, forcibly bred, or killed a dog was an evil choice in its own right. Hundreds or more likely thousands of such evil choices do not constitute a "mistake," any more than a short prison term and remorse for having gotten caught constitute "rehabilitation." Michael Vick is a disgusting, vile person who seems to have learned nothing.

As for the NFL's stake in all this? Disgusting in its own right. I wonder what the reaction will be when he commits some heinous crime against a human - he's already proven that he's a criminal sadist to the core. And good luck trying to get Vick onto the field without hordes of people flinging dog excrement at him, too.

Posted by: Beth | November 26, 2008 2:18 PM

There has to be a penalty, particularly for crimes as heinous as those committed by Vick. Only the dogs themselves would have the right to forgive Vick, and they aren't around to ask. I'm a little shocked that Reeves has such a cavalier attitude about it. We're not going to improve the culture if we have absolutely no act that is beyond the pale. To deliberately cause pain and terror to some of God's most loyal, brave, and trusting creatures is such an act.

Posted by: howard | November 26, 2008 2:28 PM

Let's blame WaPo a little here for even putting this bu||sh1t up for debate. Of all the things they could host a forum on, they have decided that a worthwhile use of their resources would be to host a discussion of whether society should treat this thug (a) lightly, or (b) really lightly. (And shame on me for even wasting my time writing this.)

Posted by: bruce2000 | November 26, 2008 2:31 PM

"But there are a lot of guys playing in the NFL right now who have made mistakes."

Actually, that statement opens up several other cans of worms...

Posted by: KP | November 26, 2008 2:31 PM

As henious as Mr. Vick's crimes are, some football team more concerned about winning than about morality will hire him for a huge some of money.

It's happened plenty of times in pro sports with other criminals - as long as they can play and be successful, pro sports ownership doesn't really care about the crime(s), they only care about butts in the seats and TV viewership.

Second chances are something earned. Serving a prison term is only the beginning of his payback to society.

I hope whomever hires him when he's released from prison will make him toe every line.

Posted by: stephen | November 26, 2008 2:53 PM

Why do you people think you have the right to pick his job for him? Really?? If he gets a job at 7-11 will you boycott all 7-11's? The problem is not him playing in the NFL as much is it is us putting guys on pedestals just because they play sports. If you would boycott the NFL then you should boycott any company he works for if you really believe he is such a bad person. It seems to me that most of you are saying he should be only allowed to live a life below your own standards. I hear people talking about his money and status. But if he became the supervisor of Petsmart you all would be ok with that because he is no longer living a life of fame and riches. But if your kid works in the petsmart he works in wont they still look up to him? Even if you dont?

Posted by: Anonymous | November 26, 2008 2:53 PM

A second chance is letting him out of prison. Fair enough. But rewarding a sociopath who tortured and murdered dogs with an NFL career? Come on.

I'll cancel my season tickets the second he comes back. No joke. Some crimes are simply too great and should stick with you for life. This is one.

Posted by: Patrick | November 26, 2008 2:56 PM

He's paid his debt to society. Lost everything. He has a right to earn a living at what he does best like every other American. To suggest the contrary is inhumane.

Posted by: Whatelsedouwant? | November 26, 2008 2:56 PM

Yeah Dan:

Adolph Hitler made mistakes. Pol Pot made mistakes. Jeffrey Dahmer made mistakes. They all have their apologists, but can't get any traction.

Their problem is they couldn't throw a football. Makes all the difference.

Posted by: wmadden | November 26, 2008 2:57 PM

As much as people don't want it to happen, Mike V will get another shot in the NFL. As long as you have owners like Al Davis & Jerry Jones, who will take just about any ex-con, will give him a contract.

Posted by: be dat | November 26, 2008 3:03 PM

Funny how none of you want to see him play in the NFL but all of you would watch him on a reality show just to see how good or bad he is doing. I also think most of you would watch an execution if it were televised, and would have no problem with it. Our society is warped so we need people like Vick to force our phony sense of morality on so we can feel good about our own shortcomings. The more we vilify vick the better we feel about ourselves morally.

Posted by: Anonymous | November 26, 2008 3:06 PM

Chuck at 10:39 says: "Dan Reeves and Peter Schaffer should be beaten with a half-brick in a sock and hanged with a wire coathanger for even suggesting that this sociopath should ever be allowed to play professional football again."

Who is the sociopath?

Posted by: dcdrew | November 26, 2008 3:17 PM

As I read these comments, I think its funny how everyone wants Vick's head on a plater, but dogs are euthanized every single day and who's calling for the veterinarian's job or put him in jail and take away his salary. Don't hand me that crap about dog fighting is inhumane. So is euthanizing! Killing animals is killing, no matter how you slice it. So until we start jailing veterinarians for killing, making Vick the sacraficial lamb doesn't solve the problem.

Posted by: anonymous | November 26, 2008 3:18 PM

He'll fit right in with the Dallas Ex-Con Cowboys!

Posted by: be dat | November 26, 2008 3:20 PM

This is a very tough thing. There are people who have done much, much worse and still are playing in the NFL.

I don't agree with Mr. Vick's actions. Once he finishes his jail term and pays his debt to society, he should get an opportunity to start afresh, and if he obeys the law, should, in my opinion, be allowed to play again.

Posted by: Bigdog1965 | November 26, 2008 3:22 PM

Michael Vick isn't in any danger of having a second chance handed to him on a silver platter. Fans are MAD at the guy, and any team that signs him will have to deal with that. Yet given that professional sport IS an entertainment industry, a bad reputation may not be the kiss of death. A team that can harness all that negative energy and use it to motivate people to watch games will really cash in if Vick keeps his footbal chops up.

It's the same for a NFL team as it is for a construction company. If a business has an opening, the candidate's skills match the job opening, and the up sides of hiring the candidate outweighs the down sides, then unless some other candidate is a better bet, the result is a job offer.

The role-model character argument is not going to be the deciding factor. Although football players are worshipped as gods by many Americans, NFL teams aren't actually in the business of providing people with idols. Nor are they our designated Karma-generators. They're in the business of creating entertainment and ad revenue for the owners. To do that, they need to fill seats, sell jerseys, and get people glued to the TV screens to watch the players. Most sports teams do that by winning games, so lots of slack will be cut to a player who brings in the trophies. Also, some individuals (such as MLB's Jose Canseco or the NBA's Dennis Rodman) fill seats all by themselves with things besides their playing talent. It's imaginably possible that some team owner, somewhere, could imagine a role like that for Michael Vick.

I wouldn't count the guy out.

Posted by: Squeaky | November 26, 2008 3:27 PM

I think that Michael Vick should be allowed to play football upon his release from prison. Bless Dan Reeves for having such a forgiving heart. If we expect God to forgive us for the things we do wrong, we have to be forgiving of others. I'm sure Michael Vick now realizes that what he did was wrong. How many of us have taken the time to reflect on our past wrongs and vowed never to repeat them? I would imagine that one of the positive aspects of being in prison for Michael Vick was to do just that.

Posted by: Sharon J | November 26, 2008 3:31 PM

So, Coach Reeves, let's see... recent reporting states that this man (if we want to dignify him with that term) deliberately threw household pets to his dogs to watch him tear them apart. He authorized the torture of animals, including ripping out the teeth of dogs so that other dogs could use them for target practice. Although he has said (under duress, clearly rehearsed and in order to get a shorter punishment) that he was "sorry" to set a poor example for the youth of America, he has yet to express ANY acknowledgment in any forum that I am aware of that his conduct was heinous, his acts were immoral, or that he would pledge of his own volition to conduct the rest of his life so that no other creature that could not defend itself would suffer in the same way again.

Given these facts, let me ask you this, Coach: would you want this man babysitting your grandchildren? Or does your version of Christianity somehow ignore the teachings of St. Francis?

I do not want to have to explain to my nieces and nephew what the commentator might be talking about when referring to this sociopath's off-the-field "issues." Would you? Are you ready to hold this thug up as an example of the kind of good-character person you would want to represent your football team in the community?

Given both Vick's behavior and the numerous studies showing clear correlation between animal abuse and child abuse and domestic violence, I would hope that the answer would be "no." Forgiveness of another's sins is all well and good... but true atonement is what brings the sinner back into society. Vick may have done the jail time, but he has not indicated that he has atoned for leading a sadistic multi-million dollar organized crime which trafficked in deliberate cruelty or that he "gets" why society is so sickened.

When Vick stops spewing the pablum written by his lawyer or press agent and actually does the hard work of connecting action and consequence, when he spends a couple of thousand hours working without pay at the local animal shelter or humane society feeding and cleaning up after the animals which he used to use for bait, when he acknowledges that what he did was sick and sadistic and that he needs to do some hard work to understand why he did what he did -- and then does it.... then maybe I'll believe that he has in fact atoned.

Until that date, I don't want to give this sociopath the privilege of wearing an NFL uniform.

Posted by: Sasha Golden | November 26, 2008 3:40 PM

I have followed and respected Dan Reeves for years (literally decades now) and I more often than not respect his opinions on most things, both in sports and also life issues.

I'd like to agree with you here, Dan, -
but every time I try,
I get a mental picture of Michael Vick holding a terrified dog in his hands up over his head, prior to smashing the animal down to it's death for "not fightin' enuff."

Sorry Dan. And Vick: - you're NEVER going to outlive this one.

Posted by: Dan Owen | November 26, 2008 3:59 PM

"We All Make Mistakes"

Yes, yes we do. I, for one, tried to use my TV remote as a garage door opener yesterday... wasn't that a gas! Oh, and then I started a large dog-fighting ring that killed dozens of dogs, tortured dozens more, and I personally shot several of the dogs that wouldn't fight.

Yeah, everyone makes mistakes like that... all the time... and shouldn't face consequences...

Posted by: epthorn | November 26, 2008 4:01 PM

i think this world has come to a very very sad point when dogs are on the same level as humans.... or even better .... we are quick to protect a dogs life over a humans life... what about boxing? what about UFC ....... i mean its ok for us to pay AND bet on these fight.... but yet when we do the same with a dog now that person deserves to die..... or rot in jail... i mean please please please dont get me wrong I am not supporting Vick... and it is VERY wrong that he tortured these dogs and killed them.... so lets say he fed them well make them exercise and took care of them would everyone have a different opinion or would u still want him to die? i understand boxers and UFC fighters have a choice... i think in the end we are all the same.... again what Vick did to the dogs is horrible ... but everyone hatin on him... please.... think about everything we do in life before you judge someone... and no im not trying to act holier than thou or any crap like that.... im just saying in the end we are all are guilty of something one way or the other... Vick got what he deserved... but when everyone wants him to die or rot in jail and what not... that is wrong...

Posted by: anonymous | November 26, 2008 4:11 PM

Yes, we are all "guilty of something." The question is -- of what? That is not putting dogs on the same level as humans. This is not "hating on" someone. This is looking at fundamental issues of morality and legality and asking ourselves whether we, as a society, ought to choose to give an unrepentent sociopath a free pass. Think this through, will you?

Let's take the player who killed someone while driving under the influence. Is what he did wrong? Absolutely. Should he be out of the NFL? Yes. Should he be thrown in jail if convicted both because of the lives he directly took and the other lives which were less directly ruined? No question.

But here's the critical, qualitative difference between someone who commits vehicular homicide and Vick. Did the drunk INTENTIONALLY get behind the wheel and set out for the purpose of killing someone when he got behind the wheel while drunk? And then did he intentionally commit that act repeatedly and for the purpose of profit or because he liked to plow someone down on the road? There is no evidence saying he did.

Another way to see it -- a drunk has a choice to make when he gets behind the wheel -- do I drive or do I take a cab? Vick had a choice -- do I get into this business which I KNOW is not legal or not? What is so beyond-the-pale offensive about what Vick did is both repeated, deliberate cruelty-for-profit AND the apparent joy that he took from committing such acts himself over a number of years. He has yet to acknowledge that respectable society has no place for persons who deliberately club animals over the head for not fighting, or using kittens and puppies as bait.

Competent adults exercise free will when they choose to get into boxing or UFC or whatever. The dogs did not have the choice -- ever. The dogs did not choose to participate in an activity which is not only heinous in and of itself, but directly tied to the drug trade, money laundering, and organized crime.

Oh, and for the person who somehow compares Vick's actions to veterinary medicine -- please spend time at a vet's office with people who want to see their pets' suffering and pain from cancer and other disease and pain in a peaceful, humane fashion. Or go at an animal shelter where healthy animals have to be put down because there are simply not enough homes for all of the creatures dumped at the door -- and a rapid, painless death is the only choice there is. If you can make a coherent argument equating the rapid ending of suffering by persons who have dedicated their lives to animal health and welfare and wanton cruelty-for-profit by thugs, I'd be interested to hear it. But "killing is killing" is not logical or reality-based.

The only respectable thing that the NFL can do here is ban this man from the game for life. He doesn't deserve the privilege of putting on a uniform.

Posted by: SG | November 27, 2008 12:13 AM

Michael Vick should be allowed to play again. I am not saying to excuse him from all criticism or that he should not be booed everytime he comes on to the field but he should be allowed to play again. Their are professional football players who abuse their wives and girlfriends and yes those who engage in manslaughter. A man who has served two years in prison for a crime that does not involve people should be allowed to pick up his career once he is released. If the crime had a direct relation to his profession (such as an embezzeling banker) I would agree with him being banned from his profession.
Had Michael Vick been charged with rape or assault of a human the issue of him playing would not be discussed. If Michael Vick had treated a cow or chicken in the manner he treated a dog no one would be discussing this issue. Vick should be allowed to pursue the opportunity to continue his carrer in professional football if possible. As a 30 year old quarterback who has spent the last two years out of professional football and who has morally offended a large portion of the population big money offers should be a thing of the past.
Those of you who which to boycott a team that signs him feel free to do so. Holdimg teams accountable for the behavior of their players is not a bad idea. However teams should be allowed to pursue Vick if they so desire and Vick should be allowed to pursue these opportunities. Anyway look on the bright side, professional football will give Vick something to do other than pick up his career in dogfighting. In addition it may prevent Vick from becoming a martyr somwhere down the road.

Posted by: phil | November 27, 2008 3:42 AM

I truly love animals-- all animals. I cried when I heard about Vicks treatment of those animals and if he were in my sights I would tell him in no uncertain terms how very horrible those actions were. Having said that I believe he has paid his debt to society. People have done worst. I believe that a man/woman should always be given a second chance, bearing in mind that the Bible says "He that is without sin, cast the first stone." The Bible does not define sin as big or little, it is all SIN, so some of you out there who have all these opinionated ideas about the guy, please give him a break, and remember that if you call yourself a Christian, you would have read the part which says, you can see the mote in thy brother's eye, but not the beam in your own. Just let the man prove to society that he can change!

Posted by: Sheila | November 27, 2008 9:57 AM

Posted by: Sheila | November 27, 2008 9:58 AM

Never! It would sink the NFL if Vick were ever allowed to play again. I think you would see a big boycott of his games. I am a pet owner and he should have received a much stronger sentence. Overpaid and he should never make more than a middle class salary.

Posted by: Georgiaguy | November 27, 2008 11:48 PM

Sincerity and humility are the keys for him. First thing: publicly address what he did and sincerely explain why he knows it was wrong and what he learned. Humbly ask the fans to forgive him. If it seems pro-forma or somehow not from the heart - it will telegraph. If he truly "gets it," then he will absolutely play again. The fans WANT to forgive him. The fans/teams/media LOVE a story of REDEMPTION. This could be that story.

Posted by: William | November 28, 2008 5:34 AM

Dan Reeves needs a reality check. Michael Vick did not make a mistake. He ran a dog fighting ring. People like Reeves just don't get it. They are the reason that we have this rich, spoiled athletes that think they are above all of the rules and can do whatever they want without fear of punishment.

It would appear that neither Vick nor Reeves have the character or integrity to be in the NFL.

Posted by: ex-conservative | November 28, 2008 7:29 AM

Ray Lewis let two friends of his stab people to death... what happened to him ?

(I still love dogs and think Mr Vick ruined his life Clarett-like)

Posted by: Bucs4ever | November 28, 2008 4:59 PM

I am not and have never been a fan of Michael Vick. Nor do I condone his behavior.

However, it's obvious animal rights lovers scream the loudest but here in the U.S. the silent majority outnumbers them. Vick's return to the NFL should not be blocked by the animal rights activists who scream the loudest but constitute a small but shrill minority. Once Vick pays his debt to society he is free to return to the NFL. Anyone who criticizes Vick's behavior and eats meat, fish or poultry is a two-faced hypocrite.

Posted by: Clearheaded | November 29, 2008 3:47 PM