The League

Cindy Kagan
National Blogger

Cindy Kagan

Head writer and editor of Football news from a chick

T.O. Made Goodell Cave

CLICK TO REACT Facebook

The other QB we are all tired of hearing about has officially been given the green light by Goodell.

After being called out by TO yesterday: Roger caved in because TO taunted him, called him "ridiculous" and said that "roger should sit in jail." Funny thing is, my first word from the office was, that Roger would be livid at being called out by TO and that Vick's fate had been sealed to 4 games, possibly more. We were wrong, I was wrong.

I'm glad Vick is back. Why? Well, it's funny you should ask. I've been secretly waiting for this very moment. I cannot wait to see the proverbial house of cards fall. The PR nightmare will unfold, whether you all like it or not and I have a front row seat. I will continue to advocate for the "felons" to stay out of the league. Playing in the NFL is a privilege; it should not be taken lightly.

Now we sit and wait to see what team picks up Vick. Get off the Dallas wagon kids, Jerry has already released a statement that he won't.

So who will the lucky team be?

Time will tell, that's going to be the fun part. Bang it here, for the updates.

By Cindy Kagan  |  July 27, 2009; 5:02 PM ET  | Category:  Atlanta Falcons , Crime , Michael Vick , Roger Goodell Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati
Previous: Vick Raids the Bay? | Next: Vick the Jag?

Comments

Yes, we life in a sensationlistic country where Paris Hilton and Britney Spears goes to jail because the law feels the need to cater to the public sensationlism so yes it will certainly happen with vick seing that he actually went to jail for dogfighting. Funny thing is the PR nighmare will be short lived like most of the people in the news. By next year this time people will not care any more about Vick as they do about any other sensationalized story that they were once outraged over.

Posted by: ged0386 | July 27, 2009 6:11 PM

ged0386 ,
while i would hope you were right, that no one would care, this time next year.....mmmmm gotta say no to that. if he goes to the UFL as planned, the UFL contract is only for 1 year. that means after that year runs out, Vick will be back looking for a job again! so the vick drama train will roll on!

he didn't go to jail for "dog fighting" he went to jail for a multiple lies he told the Feds. YA that will get u a key to cell block Bubba quick!

TY 4 the input, BTW i'm the girl that wrote the piece, just so we are clear ;0

Posted by: ck0712 | July 27, 2009 6:56 PM

With your reckless and bother line racist perception of Vick, I'm glad not many is paying much attention to your crap. When WaPo is tired of your illogical views, I'm sure they will get rid of you. Bring on the animal rights PR and I'm sure many more humans rights group are preparing for the counter. Like a blogger recently wrote, you need to keep your mouth closed before pit bulls get other ideas.

Posted by: abxinc | July 27, 2009 6:59 PM

abxinc ,
Seriously? reckless & bother line racists perception.....where in the world did you come up with that at.... what is a "bother line" ?

WaPo is tired of your illogical views, I'm sure they will get rid of you.
Yup hit a nerve ;0

I think they told me I looked like a big freak, which translates to: I've hit a nerve ;0

TY 4 the input!! so glad you stopped back ;)

Posted by: ck0712 | July 27, 2009 7:16 PM

I agree with you but do you think that TO will have any influence over Jauron? And what can we really expect from Vick if he is picked up in the NFL?

BTW-was ABXINC responding to the right post? None of that made much sense to me.

Posted by: robdanjoe | July 28, 2009 8:55 AM

robdanjoe ,
Nope, i can't see Vick going to the Bills, they have Trent. Plus one circus in town is enough for them. What was that TO's 2nd day of camp & callin the commish out already. funny thing: TO is in Buffalo because his phone wasn't ringing off the hook-bank that! What can we really expect from vick, that is a GREAT question....BACKUP at best. however, last call was Jim Haslett wanted him for 1 year, 1.2 mill. for the UFL. Good luck with that Jim!

as for the other person ABXINC
who knows....could be from another write up I did here already on Vick. I don't pay it much mind as you can tell. Usually when ppl. get personal with the "attack" it means i've done my job & hit that nerve!

Posted by: ck0712 | July 28, 2009 10:53 AM

robdanjoe ,
sorry excuse my lack of manners, thank u for reading & leaving your input!

Posted by: ck0712 | July 28, 2009 10:55 AM

Is there any truth to the rumor that Goodell is making Vick carry an egg with him throughout training camp and he will treat it like his very own puppy? And if anything happens to it ... well, I don't have to tell you what will happen. And if there is no truth to it, could you spread it around anyway?

Posted by: bgiann | July 28, 2009 12:25 PM

bgiann,
Hey thanks for stoppin ~ i'm not in the business of spreading rumors, but i'm sure if you ask your Coach, he could shed some light on what you typed ;0

Posted by: ck0712 | July 28, 2009 1:22 PM

i guess im not exactly sure why people are saying that Goodell didnt suspend Vick.

He is only eligible to play in two preseason games and will find out after week 6 if he can be eligible to play the rest of the year.

in essesence, isnt his ineligibility for 2 preseason games and 5-6 regular season games the same as a suspension?

granite he is eligible to be paid for those games but who in their right mind woudl agree to that part?

to me this is more than a 4 game suspension that you predicted and said goodell caved in on. i dont get your point!!!

Posted by: deadskin | July 28, 2009 1:33 PM

deadskin,
what i typed was pretty clear & to the point, perhaps another article on here would be better suited for you to read?

Maybe, I can explain, but somehow I doubt it:
I didn't predict a 4 game suspension, that's what i was told would be happening. I'm not about to reveal to anyone on here, where it is i work and how i have access to info. The Jim Haslett info, is not a rumor either, so lets clear that up now!
After one year under the UFL (IF VICK GOES) then he will be able to walk away from the UFL and come back to the NFL. It's common knowledge around the sports world, this has been in talks for some time now.

Posted by: ck0712 | July 28, 2009 2:10 PM

ok i reread your post and i think we are on the same page...i guess your title there threw me...TO made Goodell Cave...that i dont understand...who is saying Goodell caved in adn what exactly is he caving in on?

i dont think i asked about where you work or how you get access to info...but seeing as how you have been a football fan since you could crawl to the tv, i would like to ask who your college and pro teams are...would u divulge that?

btw...i love the tongue ring!!! youre a marketing genious!!!

Posted by: deadskin | July 28, 2009 2:45 PM

I wrote this piece in 5 minutes flat. I literally tossed out the gut re-action to the "announcement" yesterday.

I didn't pick the title, and some stuff that I did write in here, was edited out. I'm assuming by the editors here @ the Washington Post.

College-PSU
Pro-Philly born & bred, so I go with the Iggles.

Take Care, TY 4 the input and reading :)

Posted by: ck0712 | July 28, 2009 3:32 PM

oh man!!! psu and the eagles...dont tell me your a flyers fan too???

ur making it harder to like u!!! ;) but its the rilvaries and subsequent trash talking that makes sports so much fun eh!?

curious what else it was you had to say...i gues ill have to get on the other Cindy (cin-city) for hacking up your posts!!!

Posted by: deadskin | July 28, 2009 4:43 PM

deadskin ,

LMAO! Nothing like the Broad Street Bullies!

you can hit my email, it's on my "blogger" profile.

i LOVE to talk sports, yeah it's like crack to me!!

Posted by: ck0712 | July 28, 2009 5:14 PM

I don't care if he "did his time" ....this guy is a sick individual and a danger to society and 20 months in prison is not going to change that.

His brother is a MORON too, must be hereditary!

Posted by: Rubiconski | July 29, 2009 2:00 AM

Rubiconski
i agree, then again i don't want any convicted felons playing pro sports. but i'm in the minority on my views!

thank you for reading & your input!

Posted by: ck0712 | July 29, 2009 8:53 AM

First off let me say this. What Michael Vick did was horrible and I'm glad they didn't let him off the hook, like they do to so many celebrities in this country. You said: "Playing in the NFL is a privilege; it should not be taken lightly." So it's a privilege to possibly risk paralysis, dementia and other life long injuries on any given Sunday? Michael Vick has served his time and should be able to play in EVERY game this season.

It's amazing in our society today, that we treat dogs better than human beings. If Vick had killed a person like Leonard Little did, there wouldn't be this huge media frenzy. Mr. Little if I'm not mistaken killed someone and got a DUI. He only served 90 days in prison. 6 years later he gets’s another DUI and no prison time. Where's the media frenzy and cries for injustice for that case? Oh I forgot no dogs were harmed so it's ok.

You said, "The PR nightmare will unfold, whether you all like it or not and I have a front row seat." Yes PETA will be riding Vick the entire season. I'd like to find out how much pledge money PETA has received off of Vick. They're opportunist and helped make this Vick story WAY bigger then it should've been.

I like the fact that you actually respond to people's comments. What happened to the tongue ring photo? RIP Jim Johnson. He was a hell of a defensive coordinator and gave my Redskins hell for years. Peace.

Posted by: trueredskinsfan | July 29, 2009 10:02 AM

a full blog is on my page, maybe page 3 or 4 by now giving u fine folks, the all star felon team.

i update a lot & frequently, hence if you are not a feed reader it's easy to miss things.

thank u for the respect shown to Jim, he will be missed more then i can express. football will not be the same without him.

as for peta, it won't be just peta that will have issues with vick....but in all honesty, i've got other things to worry about right now other then vick. I'm so full up of vick, i could careless what happens to the man. It's an age old subject that no one will ever agree on.

as for the "So it's a privilege to possibly risk paralysis, dementia and other life long injuries on any given Sunday? "

these athletes know full well what they are getting into each & every game they suit up. NO ONE wants to ever witness something like that IE Michael Irvin laying lifeless in PHILLY! NO ONE wants to see that. but alas, it happens.

"If Roger Goodell is going to be Mr. Good Samaritan, then he should act this way towards every issue in the NFL. Instead of being the first Commissioner in the league to tackle the dementia issue head on, he’d rather have Ira Casson a neurologist and co-chairman of the NFL concussion committee, dispute any claim that dementia is related to playing in the NFL."

That knife cuts both way, DeMaurice Smith also needs to step up and address this issue, that has been an on going problem for years. and honestly it has nothing to do with VICK!

I'm sorry you feel that dogs are treated better then people.

IT AIN'T JUST ABOUT DOGS WITH ME, i've said this at least 25X now, or maybe you didn't see the other blog i had up here?
It's the WHOLE FELON thing all together..........NONE, nadda, zip.....none of them should play ......ever!!

thank u for your input!! enjoy your day, i'm off to a press conference!

Posted by: ck0712 | July 29, 2009 12:06 PM

Take this for what it's worth from someone who's not into pro sports.

Vick will be a PR disaster for any team foolish enough to sign him, and it won't be only the PETA folks, it will be the fans for every other team Vick would play against.

Y'all just know that Vick will always be taunted with cries of "Dog killer" or "Lassie killer", and in any away game for Vick's team, those taunts will be loud enough that the networks won't be able to drown them out.

But there's another reason Vick shouldn't be signed, namely, what happens if he washes out in a season or less?

Brett Favre worked out soooooooo well for the NY Jets, didn't he?

Posted by: kingcranky | July 29, 2009 12:40 PM

kingcranky
that name is classic lol! i might need to change my screen name to queen cranky if i can't stop talking vick lol!

ALL opinions are worth something Kingcranky!

"what happens if he washes out in a season or less?"

"All that bad publicity, for so little payback, and besides, what are the chances, realistically, that Vick will ever play in a conference championship or Super bowl?"

Excellent points, i've also been saying he hasn't thrown a down for over 2 years now. but that got lost in the proverbial wash too!

as for Brett.......the only good thing that came out of him going to the jets, was pennington got his chance to shine in miami!!

Thank u for your input!!

Posted by: ck0712 | July 29, 2009 1:39 PM

anyone that stops by here & reads this: it's a direct quote from Jim Zorn

Speaking to the media today, as players are reporting for Redskins training camp, Zorn says he wishes Vick the best.

"I would just say it won't be with us, at least at this juncture."

Ok, wasn't someone talking about the skins or have i been mind melted by all the circus de vick?

Posted by: ck0712 | July 29, 2009 4:15 PM