The League

Donte' Stallworth
NFL Player

Donte' Stallworth

Cleveland Browns wide receiver

I'm Sorry

CLICK TO REACT Facebook

Commissioner Goodell called me this morning. Obviously, I am disappointed, but, as I said previously, I accept the Commissioner's decision. Regardless of the length of my suspension, I will carry the burden of Mr. Reyes' death for the rest of my life.

I urge NFL fans not to judge NFL players or me based on my tragic lapse in judgment. I am a good person who did a bad thing. I will use the period of my suspension to reflect, fulfill my obligations, and use this experience to make a positive impact on the lives of those who look up to NFL players.

By Donte' Stallworth  |  August 13, 2009; 2:36 PM ET  | Category:  Crime , Donte Stallworth Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati
Previous: Enough Punishment | Next: Not Fit for the NFL

Comments

Let us see how sorry you are. Piss in a cup every morning for the next year and volunteer to serve jail time if you fail.

Work the job that this man worked for one day let alone for the year you are out and pay his family that salary. Volunteer to have someone in your family hit by a drunk driver and see how they hold up.

The damage you have caused to an innocent family is not easily assuaged.

PRove to us how sorry you are.

Posted by: kare1 | August 13, 2009 7:10 PM

I have some questions for Mr. Stallworth...If you were making so much money that you could AFFORD a Bentley, why couldn't you and why didn't you pay a driver to get you to and from the bars and clubs? Did you not know you were drunk? Was this the first time you had driven drunk? What did you tell Mr. Reyes' family? Why does a drunk millionaire.......oh...forget it...you don't matter anymore...if you ever did.

Posted by: LouisianaVirginian | August 13, 2009 8:28 PM

Posted by: LouisianaVirginian | August 13, 2009 8:30 PM

Stallworth is only sorry because he is missing out on the bling factor and all the loot he won't be making. If after killing this fellow he could of gotten away with it and not reported it I believe that is what is in his heart. This hood rat should of gotten a sizable prison term and been banned by the commissioner for life from Football to set a prime example of the consequences of poor judgment by athletes that are indeed role models to our youth

Posted by: Sideswiped | August 14, 2009 12:42 AM

Maybe instead of thinking of his life and NFL players, he should be thinking of THE MAN HE KILLED AND HIS FAMILY. Moron. Die in jail.

Posted by: blackmask | August 14, 2009 8:10 AM

MHO....The justice system was satisfied with the conclusion
Remember, Stallworth turned himself in and he was the only eye witness (so I won't jump to the conclusion he was "maliciously ambivalent") ...To his defense, he was not slobbering drunk and that man did run in front of him a nd having one less drink in Stallworths system wouldn't have stopped that man from running in front of him. Stallworth is not an NFL problem child and shouldn't be treated as such, even though the case is as tragic and sad as it can possibly be.

so..."The justice system was satisfied with the conclusion" and so am I

....besides he has to earn money to pay for that mans little girl's future which I believe is in Stallworth's heart...

Posted by: DD163 | August 14, 2009 7:55 PM