The League

Edward Valentine
Giants Blogger

Edward Valentine

Edward is the editor-in-chief of Big Blue View, a New York Giants blog.

Cowboys fans suck

CLICK TO REACT Facebook

Why do fans outside of Texas hate the Dallas Cowboys so much? There are a million reasons, including that whole "America's Team" nonsense.

The arrogance of the owner certainly doesn't help. Pardon me while I not only root for a punter to hit the 'JerryTron' during a game, but for somebody to knock the darn thing down and have it smash into smithereens right on the field.

Yet, as a Yankee fan I can't really complain about the deep pockets, or arrogance, of an owner.

Instead, my hatred of the Cowboys comes more from having to deal with the obnoxious fan base. Cowboys fans will tell you that their team is the best, the absolute best, every single year. No one is ever better, and it's always someone else's fault that things never quite seem to work out for the Cowboys.

Dallas hasn't won a playoff game since 1996. Ask any Cowboys fan though, and he will tell you his team was the best in the league each and every one of those seasons. Everybody else just got lucky. In the eyes of Cowboys fans, the team has not yet been created that deserves the privilege of stepping on the same field with Dallas.

Yeah, I know Yankee fans aren't exactly know for being polite -- or realistic. At least when we brag, though, we actually have some accomplishments to point to.

What do Cowboys fans have to brag about? Oh, wait, nothing. But, they are still bragging.

That's why I hate the Cowboys.

By Edward Valentine  |  November 20, 2009; 6:52 AM ET  | Category:  Dallas Cowboys , New York Giants Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati
Previous: UnAmerica's Team | Next: Keep Dallas in Dallas

Comments

Spot on. Cowgirls fans are insufferable a#^holes. According to them, they're cheated out of 19-0 every season. Nothing's ever their fault.

Posted by: nonsensical2001 | November 20, 2009 8:23 AM

The fans of other teams, especially the Redskins, are just jealous of the Cowboys and their fans. The Cowboys have posted consistently successful seasons year over year, garner publicity, generate huge profits for the NFL through merchandise sales, have a new state of the art stadium, have a generous owner, have a loyal fan base, and everyone watches them on TV. But the best part, the Cowboys and their fans are always upbeat and optimistic, not sad faced and down in the dumps when their team encounters a bump in the road.

Posted by: Angelo_Frank | November 20, 2009 9:42 AM

Wow....as a 20+ year Cowboy fan I am amazed at this article. I don't know what fans you have been talking to but that's not the way me and my cowboy possee roll.

Yes, I am a devoted, loyal and consitent fan. Yes, I glory in their sucess. Yes I absolutely loooooove them but NEVER EVER do I think they are the greatest ever and can never lose.

That's fantasy land and REAL cowboy fans dont think as such. AND yes I HATE the redskins as every REAL cowboy fan does...DUH!! We are bitter rivals and it's what makes it so great!!

As I recall just a Sunday ago I was reading nothing but negative words from a majority of redskin fans who were disgusted with their team, selling their seats and totally disowning them. WOW!

Even in Dallas 1-15 year did I not stoop to such levels. I will defend them to the end, and I also call them out when they deserve it....but NEVER EVER jump on and off the bandwagon.

I am on my way to the mountains for vacation and I hope that Dallas slaughters them skins but if they dont I will still love them and still enjoy my vacation and
life will go on.....

Posted by: sonel | November 20, 2009 9:47 AM

Generalize much?! I'm a Cowboys fan and openly admit how lousy they can be at times. I lived in DC and saw the many bumper stickers - "Cowboys Suck". Get a grip dude. Redskin fans are beyond obnixous and arrogant. Hail to the Foreskins.

Posted by: lance_legs | November 20, 2009 12:57 PM

Lance_Legs said it perfectly! Go Cowboys, kick some butt on Sunday and shut them up!

Posted by: colleenann1968 | November 20, 2009 1:11 PM

I cant belive the Post allows this kind of crap on their website. DC stands for DALLAS COWBOYS and we are going to spank you like the worthless losers that you are.

Posted by: dcduck46 | November 20, 2009 4:03 PM

Realistically--naw, the rivalry ain't what it used to be. The Dallas franchise has had its share of suffering since its glory days, same as the Redskins.

Which is not to say the rivalry isn't there, but "Dallas Week" is nothing like it was 20-30 years ago.

As a Redskin fan, I look forward more to Philly and the Giants these days.

Posted by: Bluefish2012 | November 20, 2009 4:37 PM

I don't even know how to respond. I think FOX News could use this guy though. He seems to have a talent for making stuff up, over generalizing and hypocrisy.

Posted by: p332361 | November 20, 2009 4:43 PM

Lance_Legs's "nickname" for the Redskins, and DCDuck46's name-callilng just prove the point: Cowboys fans alienate people.

Personally, I am rooting for the Skins this weekend, even though I freely acknowledge Dallas is the better team. (And picked them in the pool.)

Tho' I am a lifelong die-hard Steelers fan, and a big proponent of fan loyalty, I can't blame Redskins fans for their behavior this season. I am married to a Skins fan, and have many Skins fans as friends, and I know the truth. It's not disloyalty that pushes them to such extremes: it is despair.

Posted by: leoxthree | November 20, 2009 4:52 PM

LEOXTHREE,

So you're Okay with NONSENSICAL2001's name calling and the author of the piece being a hypocrite? You yourself by over looking the transgressions of others are exhibiting selective prosecution and thereby weakening your own argument. I'm a Cowboys fan and I freely admit some of my fellow fans are d-bags, but for any other fan of any other team to try to claim that Cowboys fans have some kind of monopoly on being rude and overly fanatical is bull excrement.

Posted by: p332361 | November 20, 2009 5:03 PM

Folks, if your not from dallas and you are a dallas fan, you have no idea what you are standing for and no sense of where your from. True, you can root for any team. But, why bandwagon on what a bunch of hicks want you to believe? Maybe you would join a texas cult just as easily. And another thing, when you say "we" when referring to your team, it sounds like you've regressed back to 8th grade. For all those from houston who are dallas fans, same to you. For all of you who are here in the DC area from dallas, good for you - you've come a long way. Welcome to 'Skins territory.

Posted by: BIGHITTER | November 20, 2009 5:13 PM

All these cowgirl fans talking that trash. But let those girls get beat and all I ever hear from their fans are excuses. Not excuses about how their team really isn't as good as you jerks think they are, rather excuses like how romo should leave Jessica Simpson alone and his little pinky finger got hurt, if it were not for that they would have done this or that. Just one excuse after another. They were talking all that mess before the Green Bay game but after they were not to be found.
I live in Texas and I can't stand the the cowgirls. And hey "Lance Leg" when you called the Skins the "foreskins" sounds like to me you were probably playing with your foreskin fool.

Posted by: rmilton | November 20, 2009 10:57 PM

Amen, brother. I'm an Eagles fan who moved to Cowboys country (central Arkansas) a few months. All teams have pigheaded fans, but the Cowboys boosters are insufferable. For me, yes, I'm serious about football, but it's all in good fun, and these people are serious in a way that sucks all the fun out of it.

Posted by: shaidarharan | November 21, 2009 1:48 AM

Why don't Cowboys fans ever mention that their team has not won a playoff game since 1996? The Redskins have won two playoff games during that time period.

By the way, Romo played college football for Eastern Illinois (I-AA/FCS, they have a playoff system) - he couldn't win a playoff game there either. What does that tell you?

Posted by: isaac105 | November 21, 2009 9:24 AM

What is unbelievable is this drivel comes from a Yankee fan. Seriously, 'when you brag at least you have some accomplishments to point to.' I guess those 5 Super bowls didn't happen in this Yankee fans mind. A Yankee fan complaining about the Cowboys fan base is the pot calling the kettle a kitchen appliance.

Posted by: Komplicated | November 21, 2009 10:41 AM

Isaac105? Buddy? How many trophies did they give the skins for those two playoff victories you have gotten since '96. Boys fans don't talk about not winning a playoff game since '96 because just winning "a" playoff game is and never will be the goal in Dallas. It's championships. We do talk about not having won a championship since '96. But why don't Skidz fans talk about how the boys have won 3 Super bowls since the last time the skins have sniffed one.

Posted by: Komplicated | November 21, 2009 11:14 AM

I am a diehard cowboy fan, and I can not get over the fact that they are so many cowboy haters! Now when we stink, I'm first to admit it, but when we're good I love it too! I totally agree with SONEL.
I always feel like, as a lover of sports a person should root for the team that they like, but what's with the putting down or lack of repect for other teams(or should I say cowboys) Even in rival teams, yeah root for yours but whats with all the cowgirl stupidity ?

Posted by: kinglouis2 | November 21, 2009 10:48 PM

Why all this hatred from Redskin fan? Is it because the Boys have been kick'in your butts for five decades? Is it cause we have the best uniforms, best history, best cheerleaders,best kick A.. stadium ever built. Our owner isn't perfect but at least he doesn't rip off the season ticket holders that fall on hard times. What an no-class as.h..e..Oh yeah how about nine super bowls with five wins. And those dudes(hoggets) that wear dresses are super gay. How embarrassing. Enjoy your Thanksgiving dinner redskin(every year) fan while the Boys beat up on the Raiders. you SUCK!

Posted by: randy54 | November 22, 2009 6:15 PM

The Dallas fans are proving the point the author is making, though it loses credence coming from a fan of the Cowboys of baseball. If you're from Texas, have at it, support your team no matter where you go, I can't be mad at that. However, Dallas is NOT the greatest team in NFL history, that's a fact...I'm a die-hard Skins fan and I'll admit that we're not either. As long as The Danny keeps emulating Jerr-ah, we won't have success either. Since Jerr-ah started making personnel decisions, the team has not won in the post season...yeah, I know they won the Super Bowl under Switzer in '96, but that was still the team Jimmy Johnson assembled.

Posted by: DocHolliday1906 | November 23, 2009 2:44 PM

News flash to the haters of America's Team: Dan Snyder doesn't own the Washington Redskins. The Dallas Cowboys own the Washington Redskins.

Posted by: oldno7 | November 23, 2009 9:32 PM

@OldNo7: If I accept your false premise as true, that's even more reason to hate the Cowgirls. Whoever owns the Redskins is an egomaniacal idiot fanboy.

Posted by: DocHolliday1906 | November 24, 2009 2:02 PM

Bud, Cowboys fans don't suck. You suck!!! Like the country western song a few years back....."Oh Lord, it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way"!

Posted by: panamajack | November 26, 2009 6:11 PM