The Wilbon Index: Top NFL teams
The Saints leap-frog the idle Broncos to take the top spot, the Steelers and Cardinals are on the rise and a second straight loss sends the G-Men tumbling...
1) Saints - The Broncos didn't do anything to lose the top spot; they didn't even play. But the Saints had the most impressive victory of the season so far, their comeback win over the Dolphins in Miami.
2) Broncos - We're splitting hairs here with Denver and New Orleans. The Broncos are absolutely THE best story of the season so far.
3) Colts - Not as spectacular as the Saints, not as surprising as the Broncos...just ruthlessly efficient.
4) Steelers - Starting to get back into championship form slowly but surely.
5) Patriots - Beating up on the soft teams (Tennessee, Tampa Bay) comes to an end soon.
6) Vikings - Don't want to penalize the Vikes too heavily for losing at Pittsburgh
7) Bengals - Biggest surprise of the season other than Denver. Carson Palmer back in pre-knee injury All-Pro form.
8) Cardinals - 3-0 on the road, two in the Eastern time zone! Are you kidding? Big story in Az. is the defense.
9) Packers - Losses to the Bengals and at Vikings don't look bad at all. Aaron Rodgers playing every bit as well as Brett Favre so far.
10) Giants - Breaking two-game losing streak isn't going to be easy, having to travel to Philly.
Matt Brooks| October 30, 2009; 1:08 AM ET | Category: NFL , Wilbon Index Save & Share:
Previous: The Wilbon Index: Top college teams | Next: Pick Against Mike: Week 8
The comments to this entry are closed.