The Wilbon Index: Top NFL teams
1) Saints - Still own the most impressive victory of the season, that beat-down of the Patriots.
2) Colts - This is a virtual tie. Is it possible that New Orleans being undefeated is bringing out the best in Indy, too?
3) Vikings - One loss in the desert to the reigning NFC champs shouldn't change our minds too much about Minny.
4) Chargers - Seven straight wins, playing better against the bad opponents they used to take for granted. Playing with an urgency we usually don't see until playoffs.
5) Cardinals - Playing with a physical toughness reflective of their coach, Ken Whisenhunt. Looking more like the Steelers lately than the Steelers.
6) Eagles - Visit to Giants Stadium this weekend may tell us everything we need to know about Philly.
7) Packers - Aaron Rodgers playing nearly as well as Brett Favre...and leads all QBs in rushing.
8) Patriots - Is that a hint of desperation we're seeing in New England, what with Belichick going for it on fourth-and-anything and sending players home for being late in the snow?
9) Cowboys - I've got a sneaky suspicion the Cowboys are going to play well against San Diego this week. If they don't, the December swoon is in full effect.
10) Broncos - Keep bouncing back when you least expect it. Games at Oakland and at Philly make home division games with K.C. and Oakland must wins.
Michael Wilbon| December 11, 2009; 12:05 PM ET | Category: NFL , Wilbon Index Save & Share:
Previous: The Wilbon Index: Top college teams | Next: Little drama to Week 14
The comments to this entry are closed.