Not Just Another Sorry, No-Account Sports Blog
Home | What Is This? | Columns and Chats | PTI | RSS Feed

In Wilbon's World

Mike's Super Bowl pick

No. 1 thing I'm sick of: Super Bowl picks. I hate making them, hate hearing others give them.

Colts 34, Saints 28. That's my pick. Why? Peyton Manning. The Saints won't be able to pick him off enough or making him fumble enough to win the game. By the way, Darren Sharper will pick off Manning twice.

Editor's note: Play the pick 'em game and compare your results to Mike's here.

By

Michael Wilbon

|  February 4, 2010; 10:52 AM ET  |  Category:  NFL Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati
Previous: Reich at Peyton's side | Next: Not hard to root for Big Easy

Comments

Please report offensive comments below.

Mike:

Ready for your mea culpa on the Colts winning the Super Bowl? Who was the best QB on Sunday? Next year, you can atone by picking the Saints(who will be better on D), unless Brees gets hit by a flying elephant.

Posted by: praglenus | February 17, 2010 3:01 AM
Report Offensive Comment

Looks like another defensive struggle..Saints 10 and Colts 7.

Posted by: ajbruck | February 6, 2010 8:49 AM
Report Offensive Comment

Wrong Mike. Wrong. The Saints will win by 14 points. The Colts defense will be undressed by the Saints juggernaut, especially with Freeney hurt. The foolish NFL ethos will of course make him suit up, say he's fine - and then play at half speed because guess what, HE'S HURT! The Colts O-line is not that good and Gregg Williams will keep Manning under too much pressure to run up the score. The Saints offense will help by keeping him off the field. Saint 35, Colts 21.

Posted by: allknowingguy | February 5, 2010 6:15 PM
Report Offensive Comment

I am with the Colts all the way...since the redskins are not playing.

Posted by: asaleswoman | February 5, 2010 5:10 PM
Report Offensive Comment

I think we should all feel sorry for the Colts and their fans. Yes, the Saints had Katrina, but the NOLA Saints fans get to live in partying, fun, quirky, cool, New Orleans, while the Indy fans have to go back to Indy. I'm just saying...

Posted by: chpzip | February 5, 2010 4:05 PM
Report Offensive Comment

One question I have is why are people talking about New Orleans and Katrina? While it was terrible and the city has not yet recovered, it happened almost 5 years ago!! If this were 2006, then yes, I would bring this story up every chance we get, but it is not. The most recent disaster occurred in Haiti and one of the most notable players on the Colts is from Haiti (Pierre Garcon). While some of the networks have mentioned his heritage, everyone is making it seem as if New Orleans would benefit more so than Haiti at this point.

Posted by: lilblake12 | February 5, 2010 3:22 PM
Report Offensive Comment

I agree, I think Peyton gets picked twice, but both will not be by Sharper. Peyton still throws for 4 touchdowns and they win by 10.

Posted by: lilblake12 | February 5, 2010 3:19 PM
Report Offensive Comment

You know Mike, I used to enjoy your columns and your TV show. But quite frankly, I'm getting sick of hearing your complaints. I still think you're a great columnist and reporter, but tone down on the complaining, will ya?

Posted by: tmorris55 | February 5, 2010 3:00 PM
Report Offensive Comment

My heart is with the Saints but my head says the Colts.

Gawd, it seems allot of people spend a lot of their precious time reading a sports columnist they don't like. Why?

Posted by: cfeher | February 5, 2010 2:47 PM

Michael
Read your piece about the greatest Laker. Please note, Magic grew up in Lansing, Mi. not Detroit and that he went to Lansing Public Schools. This is something that you should have known if you were in the midwest at the same time as you stated.

Posted by: ironhand | February 5, 2010 2:46 PM
Report Offensive Comment

Mike, if you are right, I will win $$$ in my box pool!

Posted by: fuzzbass | February 5, 2010 2:32 PM
Report Offensive Comment

Southside...if you don't like it, stop reading Mike's columns. Follow another columnist. Follow Mike Wise or the other Sports columnists.

Some people will never stop complaining.

Posted by: Brunoterp | February 5, 2010 2:00 PM
Report Offensive Comment

Are you still a DC sports columnist? If so, care to write about a local team doing something pretty remarkable? If not, why is the money I pay the Post going to your salary anymore? If I want your take on national sports, I'll watch you on ESPN.

Posted by: SouthsideFFX | February 5, 2010 9:14 AM